RIP OFF

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

RIP OFF

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Rip off clubs, some of this pricing is just not on. Yes York can change what they want but for me it’s just to much, £18/£21 have to think about going to that game
Then we have Spennymoor charging us and a few other clubs a premium, again it’s just not on, this one can be likened to a West Auckland cup game debacle, I mean are they allowed to do this?
We usually take a good following to both clubs but in light of these prices/and principle of it, I can see a fair few not attending.

onewayup

Re: RIP OFF

Post by onewayup » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:20 pm

They see darlington fans as cash cows, don't go then their turnover go's down, sadly then our team will not have support at these games.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:44 pm

Yep I see your point, how can it be right for Spennymoor to charge a different price for some away teams, I think Curzon Ashton and Brackley must of been included just to make the “Premium “ list less discriminating against clubs who have a good following.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Are curzon one of their category a games? Why?

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:12 pm

Best thing to do if you feel you’re being ripped off and seen as a cash cow is not too go. We don’t make any money from taking big away followings, as long as people are going to home games and contributing financially to the club that’s the most important thing.

We always take good followings, which is great, but we’ll take 200 to Kidderminster for example, and then when they come up here they’ll bring 30. We put loads of money into other people’s coffers and get very little back.

It’s personal choice, if I think another club is taking the p*ss they won’t get my money, but as I said it’s personal choice. However, if they raise the prices and the away followings we take diminish then they’ll have to think twice about continuing with the price increases. If loads of ppl moan about the prices but still pay it then you’ll continue to be ripped off unfortunately.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:29 pm

perhaps the catagory a games require extra security and policing which all comes at additional cost?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Unfortunately they know that we will travel in numbers, whatever we are charged, so they are taking advantage of out magnificent support. I hope we charge a similar amount for their fans, not that Spennymoor bring many!!!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:18 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:29 pm
perhaps the catagory a games require extra security and policing which all comes at additional cost?
A cardboard cut-out bobby could police Curzon's away following couldn't it?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:17 pm

When we played at Spennymoor last season I didn’t spot one policeman inside or outside the ground, I remember commenting about it on this forum. No one watching out for flare throwers, searching would be suspect flare throwers - or protecting regular Darlo fans from aggro.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!