Lee Clark

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

piggy
Team Supported: Darlington

Lee Clark

Post by piggy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:08 pm

Announced as the new manager of Blyth. Didn’t see that one coming!

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Lee Clark

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:10 pm

The new sponsor might be the key. Maybe they have some significant new financial backing.

Clark had a number of his CV's printed it seems a bit like our Alun :lol: :lol:

Darlogramps

Lee Clark

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:18 pm

He’s a nice guy and I sincerely hope he does well there.

But let’s face it, his career has been on a downward trajectory. He was in the Championship only five years ago so it’s quite a drop.

And managing part-time non-league players will be different to being in charge of full time professional squads.

It’s a big challenge with everything going on at Blyth. Hopefully he’ll be needing to sign a new striker, if we can convince Maguire to head south.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:18 pm
But let’s face it, his career has been on a downward trajectory. He was in the Championship only five years ago so it’s quite a drop.
That was my initial thought, quite a significant drop in quality since he managed Birmingham, and he's been out of management for two years. I'd rather have someone on an upward trajectory.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:18 pm
He’s a nice guy and I sincerely hope he does well there.

And managing part-time non-league players will be different to being in charge of full time professional squads.

It’s a big challenge with everything going on at Blyth. Hopefully he’ll be needing to sign a new striker, if we can convince Maguire to head south.
He's almost admitted that he was desperate to get back in football as he said he has been out of it for far too long, then mentioned the fact that it is close to his home etc etc - trying to find the positives. I took a job once because it was so close to my home and that was the massive factor - I lasted one week as when I started the job I was completely bored, then another offer came along and I was off.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:17 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing him do well but it's a massive job there in a very different world to the one he's used to.

Maybe they'll take Burn off our hands if we're lucky.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:18 pm

If not, maybe Gateshead might depending on where they end up.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:08 pm

He's got a hell of a re-building job to do on their squad. Hope they are competitive, but behind us.