Chorley V Spennymoor

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Chorley V Spennymoor

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun May 12, 2019 11:22 am

Good luck to Spennymoor , if they do manage to get promotion it will be very interesting to see how they get on. I don’t hold any grudges against them they are lucky to have a chairman who clearly has the interests of the club at heart.
There will always be questions as to how the club is funded and obviously it’s not through the turnstiles, but the cost sustaining a team in the National League will test Brad and his companies sponsorship.

poppyfield

Re: Chorley V Spennymoor

Post by poppyfield » Sun May 12, 2019 3:09 pm

0 - 0 at half time Chorley had the better first half.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Chorley 1-0 Spennymoor

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

murtonquaker

Post by murtonquaker » Sun May 12, 2019 4:10 pm

sounds like Spenny are starting to put up more of a fight

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun May 12, 2019 4:19 pm

1. 1 now

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:24 pm

A few minutes from penalties. Whoever loses out now, you have to feel at least a little sympathy for.

murtonquaker

Post by murtonquaker » Sun May 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Chorley Just won on Penalties

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Chorley go up

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Another year of playing Spenny.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Unlucky Spenny. See you next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Seven figure sum invested and they remain in the same league as us

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Chorley on sudden death pennas no less. Chorley have probably been the better team over the course of the season, and we keep a local game, so can't say i'm too sad about it. You'd be gutted if your team lost in that way, but such are the playoffs.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun May 12, 2019 4:43 pm

I
Unbelievable 4 out of 5 play off matches have been decided on penalties. Must be some kind of record.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Gutted for spennymoor would have been a far better addition to the league than chorley and would have also been the 1st northern league team to get promoted into conference premier
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun May 12, 2019 4:50 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:43 pm
Gutted for spennymoor would have been a far better addition to the league than chorley and would have also been the 1st northern league team to get promoted into conference premier
Why would Spenny have been a "far better addition" ?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:53 pm

shildonlad wrote:Gutted for spennymoor would have been a far better addition to the league than chorley and would have also been the 1st northern league team to get promoted into conference premier
Cannot say Chorley didn't deserve it after being top for virtually the whole season.To win on pens after missing the first 2 is some achievement.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 12, 2019 4:54 pm

My opinion wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
More finance behind them and not playing in a antique ground for starters as well as been a north east team
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun May 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Listened on radio Spennymoor where 2nd best in whole game, looking forward to standing on that crumbling terrace next season again !

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Not sure I follow the inherent logic involved in that, beyond you'd have liked another local team involved. There's no objective measure that Spennymoor are 'better' than Chorley.

Aside from local interest, and the northern league team thing is just weird, and i suspect inaccurate. Middlesbrough were in the old Northern League. I think their achievements somehow dwarf Spennymoor moving up the leagues a century later.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:00 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:54 pm
My opinion wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
More finance behind them and not playing in a antique ground for starters as well as been a north east team
Pull the other one :lol: When Spennymoor get their terracing in order, and the pitch isn't at an absurd angle, you can make the ground argument. As for more finance, again, pull the other one.

If you want to say 'it's a shame, i'd have liked the north east side to make it', then fair enough. The rest is just silly.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 12, 2019 5:10 pm

H1987 wrote:Not sure I follow the inherent logic involved in that, beyond you'd have liked another local team involved. There's no objective measure that Spennymoor are 'better' than Chorley.

Aside from local interest, and the northern league team thing is just weird, and i suspect inaccurate. Middlesbrough were in the old Northern League. I think their achievements somehow dwarf Spennymoor moving up the leagues a century later.
Except the likes of Middlesbrough wont have got promoted they will have been elected in

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun May 12, 2019 5:29 pm

I could possibly see Adam Boyes seeking an exit from Spenny after spending most of the season just sat on the bench. Complete waste of a decent scorer and he'll probably think next season will be the same again with Taylor being a permanent fixture.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun May 12, 2019 5:33 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:29 pm
I could possibly see Adam Boyes seeking an exit from Spenny after spending most of the season just sat on the bench. Complete waste of a decent scorer and he'll probably think next season will be the same again with Taylor being a permanent fixture.
That would be different us taking players off Spenny :D

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun May 12, 2019 5:40 pm

We might have to rattle some giant buckets first :D

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun May 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Spenny will regroup and improve next season.

Doesn't matter for them really if it isn't this year, then they will be up their again next year. Sooner or later they will get promoted.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 12, 2019 5:52 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Spenny will regroup and improve next season.

Doesn't matter for them really if it isn't this year, then they will be up their again next year. Sooner or later they will get promoted.
I hope they do, same goes for any ofthe north east teams in the nln

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun May 12, 2019 5:57 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:52 pm

They have plenty of backing, they can speculate to accumlate and very deep pockets. They will be favourites or should be for next season, York will improve massively, Chester will be better and Brackley is still backed will be decent.

Looking like Blyth may have had their moment, think they could well be broken up slightly this summer. Darlo are in regroup still and a steady season will do for us, whilst Shields are a season away from this level.

Sadly no idea what's happening with Gateshead, do they have two clubs one in the NL and one in the Step 5, 6 or even 7. I know you guys are trying to raise money but it really needs a club sorting with a league in and it's hard work as we will tell you.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 12, 2019 6:06 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:52 pm

They have plenty of backing, they can speculate to accumlate and very deep pockets. They will be favourites or should be for next season, York will improve massively, Chester will be better and Brackley is still backed will be decent.

Looking like Blyth may have had their moment, think they could well be broken up slightly this summer. Darlo are in regroup still and a steady season will do for us, whilst Shields are a season away from this level.

Sadly no idea what's happening with Gateshead, do they have two clubs one in the NL and one in the Step 5, 6 or even 7. I know you guys are trying to raise money but it really needs a club sorting with a league in and it's hard work as we will tell you.
God knows whats happening with gateshead but unless the current club gets wound up with the utter c**** running it gets sold it would be better if it got wound up, would sure help a phoenix club. Could not see me attending many games at northern league or wearside level as i live in chesterfield

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 12, 2019 6:08 pm

A further year in NLN will do them a world of good. Looking forward to seeing all the alterations to the ground and pitch when we visit them.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:30 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:10 pm
H1987 wrote:Not sure I follow the inherent logic involved in that, beyond you'd have liked another local team involved. There's no objective measure that Spennymoor are 'better' than Chorley.

Except the likes of Middlesbrough wont have got promoted they will have been elected in
Ah well, then Spennymoor's achievement would've obviously dwarfed everything ever achieved by any club from North East England, ever :lol:

Come off it. Arguably another year in NLN won't be the worst thing for them anyway. They're probably not ready to go up yet anyway. The ground certainly isn't.