Players Awards

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersfan
Team Supported: Darlington

Players Awards

Post by quakersfan » Wed May 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Anyone know what the dress code is?

Mister e

Re: Players Awards

Post by Mister e » Wed May 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Black tie and suit I'm led to believe the upstarts wanting to freeze the working class out again which is why I don't attend these toffee nosed events anymore.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 01, 2019 4:27 pm

It's not toffee nosed as you say, it's decorum just dress smartly. It's an awards night function a little bit better than Friday night in the pub.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Wed May 01, 2019 4:43 pm

What about our fans who are living on the breadline would love to attend and maybe can't afford to buy a suit. Having said that thought the tickets were a bit expensive in the first place. That is merely why I am saying it looks like the working class are being frozen out

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed May 01, 2019 4:45 pm

Members of working class don't own a suit?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed May 01, 2019 5:12 pm

Members of the working class are definitely not being frozen out.

If you wanted to go, you’d go? Doesn’t matter what wage bracket you’re in.
I bought a ticket & have given it to a friend, because I’m at a work party instead the next day and don’t wanna be tired or even hungover/still drunk :roll: :roll:

I’m definitely not loaded either :lol: :lol:

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed May 01, 2019 7:00 pm

First year they did have dinner suits at Rockcliffe, next year I turned up in dinner suit (i have only ever had one and it was cheaper than a suit), with a mate at the kings head and we were virtually the only ones, others in normal suits / smart casual. Last year I would say most men were in trousers and shirts, smart casual, (did not notice any jeans but there may have been ). People who had ties tended to remove them as night went on. Ladies did tend to be very well dressed to make a night of it.
I can't make this year but nobody there would turn there noses up if you did not turn up in a suit, after all we are all fans. To be honest they have been really good night's with great effort being put in by the organisers, and most players turning up and happy to have a chat and a laugh. Food is fair too.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 01, 2019 7:09 pm

And that's what it is all about, turning up having a chat with the player, the football awards, basically having a right good night with those of a like mind, enjoy everyone who goes.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Wed May 08, 2019 6:10 pm

onewayup wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:09 pm
And that's what it is all about, turning up having a chat with the player, the football awards, basically having a right good night with those of a like mind, enjoy everyone who goes.
That’s what I like and am looking forward to a chance to catch up with players, managers and management. Also home the club earn some money out of it.