Today’s Playoffs

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Playoffs tonight

Post by JE93 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:30 am

spen666 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:35 pm
It's very sad, that the club feels that the only way to get fans to an away game, is to organise travel. This goes to show that they have reached their level and they couldn't support National League football.
Alternatively, it could be that it is a club rewarding it's fans loyalty and providing something back to their fans.

Man City are putting on free buses for their fans for FA Cup Final for example. Can Man City not support National League football either?
Any comment on the ticket prices Spen? You and your club were very quick to make comments about BPA for following national league rules? Will Brackley be as 'Greedy'?

Also note that despite always being on here you decided to claim not every club has to have urgent appeals to fans to give them all their money. Of course you don't. You've got Brad's seven figure investment. Unless of course you cant trust that press release coming out of your club either?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:17 am

Mister e wrote:Went to the spennymoor Vs Bradford park avenue game absolutely awful the goal was the only bit of entertainment in the whole game. Brackley town will smash them on Sunday. I had an interesting talk with spennymoors club president who told me they are completely relayiing the pitch and building a new stand at the open end this summer.
If Bradford had a half decent striker they would have won that, Spenny just relying on long punts to Taylor and never tested their keeper.They were organised in defence with a back 4 and just soaked up the pressure, relying on breakaways.This is where we have been let down imo and Spenny just ground out the win.Catering 10 times better than BM with a marquee, burger bar and beer bar.Puts the rugby club to shame. Agreed, Blackleg should win based on what I saw last night.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:19 am

Meant Brackley not Blackleg !

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 am

Now Blyth are out of it, AA's got some time to get his CV and application sorted, especially when he sees our dosh pouring in for players.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu May 02, 2019 9:02 am

Good luck to Spennymoor, good crowd last night.
Football fans are the same over, we have plenty (well not that many) who only turn up for the bigger games.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu May 02, 2019 12:04 pm

another post to talk about a lack of spenny fans. Big deal, they never claim to be big time, and yes we know Brad is paying the majority, but that's how it is. Spenny are a lot smaller town, so they do ok.

Not sure if it's some of our fans being petty or jealous

Darlopartisan

Re: Today’s Playoffs

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun May 05, 2019 8:34 am

It’s a big day for Spennymoor, good luck to them.

HoughtonQuaker

Post by HoughtonQuaker » Sun May 05, 2019 8:42 am

I’d suspect an element of it is jealousy, I know if we had a Groves figure signing the cheques our life would be a lot more comfortable. As stated in other threads though, it’s not about this chairman, but the next and those after.

As for them not stating they’re big time, that’s partially true, but all we hear about is how well they’re doing for a town of 20,000. Their population is irrelevant as it’s not the town backing the club. If that was the case, people would have been raving about North Ferriby. In reality just a financially doped village club. And so were North Ferriby

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun May 05, 2019 8:57 am

Good luck to Spennymoor today
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun May 05, 2019 8:58 am

Hope they get hammered. A true definition of a tinpot club who are only doing well due to a blank cheque book.

They’ve got some very good players there, shame the village folk don’t back them as well as they think they do :lol: :lol:

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun May 05, 2019 11:58 am

Good luck to them today.

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Both in penalty action

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Chorley won on pens

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Spenny won on pens. V Chorley away for promotion

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun May 05, 2019 4:51 pm

So Chorley v Spenny it is then. Would think Chorley are big enough to grind out a win.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:55 pm

jjljks wrote:So Chorley v Spenny it is then. Would think Chorley are big enough to grind out a win.
Spenny scored against them in the 97th minute denying them promotion so should be well up for it.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun May 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Spenny are going up.. Good on them

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun May 05, 2019 5:04 pm

In October Brackley's chairman said he would cut funding if they failed to go up this year. Let's see if he is as good as his word.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:09 pm

I can’t be the only one who is completely ambivalent about them staying down or going up??

There’s an element of jealousy in our fan base because of their owner, but he seems to me like a good bloke who cares about the place. I have absolutely no ill feeling to them more than anyone else in the league. Part of me would like them to stay down as I’d like us to have another local game.

I have to wonder if they’re financially capable of going up and staying in the National though. I don’t think Brad is *that* loaded, and obviously their fan base is much smaller. But I’m not upset by the prospect.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 05, 2019 5:15 pm

I have no problem with Groves or Spennymoor. Its just their fans who can't admit they are bankrolled that are the problem. Plus the likes of Spen who troll the club on twitter and Facebook while pretending to be all nice on here.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun May 05, 2019 5:25 pm

I have no problem with spenny good on them, they helped us out.. Yes when we play them there is a rivalry and I want to win obvs but not jealous at all..

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 05, 2019 6:35 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:I have no problem with spenny good on them, they helped us out.. Yes when we play them there is a rivalry and I want to win obvs but not jealous at all..

Is there a rivalry? To me it's just another game. I don't feel any more rivalry than I would Leamington or Boston.

As to who goes up, financially Spenny bring in more with it being a local game, so from a selfish point of view I'd rather play them than Chorley, but it doesn't fuss me either way.

Good luck with those trips to Torquay, Dover and Eastleigh if they do go up.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

divas

Post by divas » Sun May 05, 2019 7:04 pm

I’m interested to see Spennymoor go up just to see how they operate - whether they stay PT or go FT which would mean quite a few players and their manager making a big decision. It’ll give us a very good guide.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun May 05, 2019 7:14 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:35 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:I have no problem with spenny good on them, they helped us out.. Yes when we play them there is a rivalry and I want to win obvs but not jealous at all..

Is there a rivalry? To me it's just another game. I don't feel any more rivalry than I would Leamington or Boston.

As to who goes up, financially Spenny bring in more with it being a local game, so from a selfish point of view I'd rather play them than Chorley, but it doesn't fuss me either way.

Despite going head to head with them in the NL, being less than 20 miles apart, competing for same players? Definitely means more to me than Leamington and Boston, Telford or Curzon.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 05, 2019 7:31 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:14 pm
Darlogramps wrote:

Despite going head to head with them in the NL, being less than 20 miles apart, competing for same players? Definitely means more to me than Leamington and Boston, Telford or Curzon.
Ah look, the Darlington Fan Who Hates Darlington Fans is back.

Spennymoor are not, and never will be a rival. We compete for players with teams across the league - last season we were taking players from the Midlands. Don't recall anyone saying Nuneaton are big rival, so that's a nonsensical reason.

We're about 12 miles away from Shildon, yet when we played each other it was hardly a special occasion.

Look, it's your prerogative, but Spennymoor just isn't a big game to me at all. I class it with Leamington, Curzon, Boston etc in terms of meaningfulness.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sun May 05, 2019 7:41 pm

divas wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:04 pm
I’m interested to see Spennymoor go up just to see how they operate - whether they stay PT or go FT which would mean quite a few players and their manager making a big decision. It’ll give us a very good guide.
As you say a big decision. Can't imagine Taylor giving up job as Maths Teacher if they go F/T. Even P/t will make night matches difficult for him - Eastleigh on a schoolnight. Could he need to look for another local P/T team? Could be others who need to look elsewhere.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun May 05, 2019 10:21 pm

H1987 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 5:09 pm
I can’t be the only one who is completely ambivalent about them staying down or going up??
No, you're not, H. On balance, though, as you say, another local game with a bigger than usual gate means I'd like them to stay in our division, but it wouldn't grieve me if they got promoted.
Last edited by biccynana on Sun May 05, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 05, 2019 10:25 pm

biccynana wrote:
H1987 wrote:
No, you're not H.
I thought this was a Line of Duty reference for a minute.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun May 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:25 pm
biccynana wrote:
H1987 wrote:
No, you're not, H.
I thought this was a Line of Duty reference for a minute.
Arf! Comma added to original post, for the avoidance of doubt.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon May 06, 2019 6:20 am

Darlogramps wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:14 pm
Darlogramps wrote:

Ah look, the Darlington Fan Who Hates Darlington Fans is back.

Spennymoor are not, and never will be a rival. We compete for players with teams across the league - last season we were taking players from the Midlands. Don't recall anyone saying Nuneaton are big rival, so that's a nonsensical reason.

We're about 12 miles away from Shildon, yet when we played each other it was hardly a special occasion.

Look, it's your prerogative, but Spennymoor just isn't a big game to me at all. I class it with Leamington, Curzon, Boston etc in terms of meaningfulness.
The darlo fan who hates darlo fans or someone who says something that people don’t like to hear.

If you don’t think Spenny are a rival then that’s your opinion. Mine is similar to the cat.

Our fans spend an extraordinary amount of time talking about Spenny especially on social media. Some of our fans are scared to admit that Spenny are our current rivals who are better than us at the moment. Brad’s money has seen them overtake us.

Still prefer to be us though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk