Guiseley match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Guiseley match thread

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:50 pm

I see we don't have one of these going yet.

1-0 down at the time of typing.

Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic

Re: Guiseley match thread

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:53 pm

We are absolutely dreadful. That is all.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Sounds as though we are very poor, out muscled, Ainge and Tez struggling,. nothing up front and lucky to be only 1 down.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Let’s have another TW poll!

Only joking Andy P :)

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Bugger - 1-0 loss. From twitter sounds like we had chances to equalise

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Saw Tommy looking very angry after the game. And well he should. That was shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:21 pm

An awful game, between 2 atrocious sides

A complete joke of a performance

divas

Post by divas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Story of his tenure (and career) A glimmer of light then an atrocity. Nothing will ever change regardless of who the players are

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Utterly dreadful. Couldn't string 2 passes together and just hoofed the ball.in the air. To make a team like that look half decent is inexcusable. If we stay like this next season we'll be down there again that's for sure.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:58 pm

450 Darlo there today... Great support shite game

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:07 pm

Why did he make the 3 substitutions, surely that weakened us, Saunders and Nicholson replaced by Henshall and Bascombe......do me a favour, and guess who missed our best chance.They were up for it more than us which is a big kick in the teeth for Tommy and does him no favours whatsoever.Massive task ahead for whoever is manager, ignoring loans how many of our own players would you keep....probably 6 max.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:23 pm

The substitutions made no real difference - we were awful before them, and we were awful after them. The bigger problem was that, yet again, we were incapable of playing against a team which was physical - even one as bad as Guiseley.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm

A poor game, by two poor teams, with one actually wanting it more - a great pity given the great number of fans that turned up.

Yet again when we come up against a big physical side, our players just can't compete and were easily bullied off the ball, but worse today we looked like a team going for holidays, always second to a ball and weak against a strong challenge and did not look like they were prepared for this. First half just hoofing the ball forward against a big and strong team so we won very little in the air all day, great save for the penalty, which you would have thought would have given our players a lift, but then give away another poor goal.
Second half came out and kept the ball on the floor and played a little bit of good football, with several excellent chances with a clear off the line and great save from their keeper. Subs made and we started to hoof ball again with the same result as the first half so poor finish, although Henshall had an excellent chance but missed.

As someone mentioned near me, we could have put Ainge up front in last few minutes as an option and one that may have helped.

Disappointment throughout the fans I was near, and others talked to on the way put, what a great opportunity for the players to set up a bit of excitement for the last home game, assume that will cost us a few hundred on the gate.

My decision making not good either, being a Redcar races member, I could have gone and joined my mates there, or joined some other of my mates and gone to watch York knights play and had a few beers with them, but no, as always pick to go to the mighty Darlo, (wish I knew which team was going to turn up).

Not sure TW did himself any favours today, as he was sat most of the game in the dug out, when the team looked like they needed direction and motivation so assume he was cheesed off as well!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:53 pm

I wasn't at the game but from what I heard we sounded awful in the first half an toothless in the second. We lost to the 4th worst side in the division.
Quite simply looking at the stats we have conceded too many goals this season and we have not scored enough, that is why we are where we are.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

DARLODAH

Post by DARLODAH » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:59 pm

At the end of the game, thank goodness they did not throw their shirts to the fans ,as they would have been thrown back!

divas

Post by divas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:10 pm

50 years wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm
My decision making not good either, being a Redcar races member, I could have gone and joined my mates there, or joined some other of my mates and gone to watch York knights play and had a few beers with them, but no, as always pick to go to the mighty Darlo, (wish I knew which team was going to turn up).
If it’s any consolation I made the choice to go to Redcar. The wind was freezing and I didn’t have any winners. I probably saved a few quid on fuel but that’s about the only difference.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:28 pm

50 Years sums it up well. It was a drab game with long periods of eerie silence from the crowd. Great away following but very little to cheer. First half we were awful. We played better second half. Guiseley weren’t interested in adding to their tally after the break and just lumped it forwards, often into empty space. Their time wasting bordered on the outrageous but fair play to them as the ref didn’t punish them for it so they kept doing it. I thought we’d equalised when their keeper kept it out. Other than that...abject

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:30 pm

At half time I was told by a Darlo supporter that he was heading back to the pub with his companion- I thought he was pulling my leg but then spotted them both being let out of the exit gate. :clap: and who can blame them.

Anyway, what a dismal afternoon , we didn’t possess the will or guile to give a bunch hoofball chuggers a game.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

bga

Post by bga » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:32 pm

DARLODAH wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:59 pm
At the end of the game, thank goodness they did not throw their shirts to the fans ,as they would have been thrown back!
Don't worry if they had tried to then like our passes today they would have ended up nowhere near where they intended to throw them.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Big disappointment today, just couldn’t get going, this ref again was abysmal, ref a side we were shocking really missed Palmer and Kneeshaw. No game plan or there didn’t appear to be one.
I did like Bascome when he came on.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Darlington 1 out of 10
Guiseley 1 out of 10
Ref 1 out of 10

And that's being extremely generous. A truly dreadful display and the hundreds who travelled seemed to be rewarded by players with their summer flip-flops on. We deserved better than that from TW and his players. Where was the game plan, where was the desire, the character, heart and organisation? And we've asked questions like that too many times.

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:42 pm

Great penalty save after 2 mins.......that was it.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:45 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:55 pm
Utterly dreadful. Couldn't string 2 passes together and just hoofed the ball.in the air. To make a team like that look half decent is inexcusable. If we stay like this next season we'll be down there again that's for sure.
Yep agree good report.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Ainge was particularly poor. Giving away stupid fouls, booting the ball into the abyss - like he was playing for Guisely.

If he was one of the players to leave soon, would we miss him?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Abysmal game today. Both teams hoofed it. The ref wanted to be the centre of attention. Only Holness, Thommo and the keeper come out with any credit today. Why did we insist on long balls to Kit Elliott missing out our midfield? Like another poster, I liked the bit I saw of Bascome at least he tried to get the ball down. We need 6/7 players for next season. The difficulty will be getting rid of those we have!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:00 pm

divas wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:28 pm
Story of his tenure (and career) A glimmer of light then an atrocity. Nothing will ever change regardless of who the players are
Agree with this.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:23 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 pm
Darlington 1 out of 10
Guiseley 1 out of 10
Ref 1 out of 10

And that's being extremely generous. A truly dreadful display and the hundreds who travelled seemed to be rewarded by players with their summer flip-flops on. We deserved better than that from TW and his players. Where was the game plan, where was the desire, the character, heart and organisation? And we've asked questions like that too many times.
..we've asked questions like that too many times

This is what really annoys me - at every level you are going to get the odd off day, but its the repetitive nature of performances like these, and the ritual after match interviews - no evidence of learning from mistakes or progress being made.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Very poor game and both sides were atrocious. To be honest our keeper apart from the penalty save had little to do. They were a big physical side, which they used to their advantage. Why on earth we kept throwing high balls to Thommo I'll never know. The pitch didn't help matters either. Great away following today and I'll look forward to going back there next season, although the ground is really poor and I'm amazed they were allowed to play in the Conference with it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:48 pm

One step forward, two steps back under Wright yet again.

Why people get themselves hyped up after a good mini-run is beyond me. It's been the same for 18 months under Wright. Indeed it was like that at Nuneaton too. It will never change as long as he stays in charge.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:58 am

Absolutely garbage that performance.