Boston V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

eddie-rowles
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boston V Darlington

Post by eddie-rowles » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Before the game AW still stays with his tired CB warmup.
Was definitely a game of two halves, started reasonable but passing up front poor could not find anyone after 2 passes, Nicholson still feels he needs to beat one more man instead of passing into Thommo, Henshall was crap on either side, never put in a tackle and jumps out of strong defender, a complete knacker only looked good against Esh Winning in cup (that's his level) , Ainge fantastic header of ball played reasonably but beaten for pace and whenever he kicked the ball no one and I mean no one knew where it would go.
Both full backs looked off the pace , second half different players, But Romal strong throughout.MOTM
Second half different game and after we got first goal they gave up. Heard their manager after game berate most the team. Really happy with result and celebrations with fans at end unreal.
The game also confirms at corners or free kicks we do not practice in training as everytime we take a dead ball, it is lump it into the box and all run towards it . Can someone other than Galbraith have a go?
Once TW has gone at end of month we can bring in a proper coach and tactician that loanees and there parent clubs would love to work with and not feel the need to get coached away from BM.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:07 pm

GQ, is that tongue in cheek? If you seriously think that how do you justify it? If it wasn't for the loan signings I'm pretty sure we'd be in a relegation place. I've been pretty ambivalent towards the management team but I feel a change would improve the team and attendances.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:50 pm

I enjoyed Eddie R's comment about Ainges's clearances - from where I stood in the second half he seemed to be looking one way and sending it another, no wonder he's stopped scoring but at least it seemed to confuse Boston. Some say that it's only two wins (and clean sheets) but let's enjoy while we can.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:06 pm
Before the game AW still stays with his tired CB warmup.
The game also confirms at corners or free kicks we do not practice in training as everytime we take a dead ball, it is lump it into the box and all run towards it . Can someone other than Galbraith have a go?
Theres a lot wrong with your statement but I'll pick on these two bits.
How is White meant to warm up his defenders? He uses the same routine used by many clubs including us under Gray yet I didn't see any complaints about it then.
As for Galbraith being the only one to take corners, I guess you were on the toilet every time Palmer took one?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:59 pm

We never score from corners or free kicks even when gray was in charge bet it`s something like 2 in a hundred

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:03 pm

darlo reborn wrote:We never score from corners or free kicks even when gray was in charge bet it`s something like 2 in a hundred
Didn’t Kev Burgess get double figures from central defence under Gray?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:38 pm

We used to score loads from corners and free kicks, hence why Gray set us up to win them at every opportunity. Defenders are better, and better drilled the higher up you go, so we were always going to score less. We do seem to hit the first man more often now.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:59 am
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:29 pm
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Can't keep up. Thought TW had wasted his budget on poor signings, now they're a top ten side who should be fighting to go up. Make your minds up.
Ah yes, HarryCharltonsCat - the Darlington fan who hates Darlington fans.

Everything you say is slagging off your fellow supporters. Try being positive for a change. Even I'm positive every once in a while.

The equation is quite simple. With a budget that is competitive, TW has taken us into the bottom third.

Even with a good finish, it doesn't change the fact he's massively underperformed and wasted a competitive budget.
Some Darlington fans. Get it right. I merely couldn't understand how a squad deemed not good enough last week was suddenly capable of challenging the top 7.
You're talking as if all those critical of Wright speak as one homogenous blob, all with the same opinion.

It's more nuanced than that (as you well know). Some will think Wright's not getting the most out of the players. Others will think he just recruited poorly. I'm in the latter camp. Beano seemingly is in the former.

But you've deliberately conflated the two because it enables you to have a pop at other Darlington fans, which you do a lot.

Out of interest, what's your opinion on Wright? Do you think he should stay for next season?
I didn't deliberately conflate anything. I really don't give posts on here that much thought. For me, we don't have a top seven squad, and I can't see why anyone would think we have. As for Wright, I'm ambivalent towards him. Hasn't done well enough this season, so can see why he could go, but appreciate the off field stuff he deals with and if he learns from this season, wouldn't throw the toys out of the pram if he stays.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Boston V Darlington

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Just watched the highlights.

Could have gone 1 down when Ainge sliced a clearence and then just after we scored Ainge again at fault as he just seemed to lose his man,keeper made a good save.

Looked a lucky result from the highlights in that we didnt concede at these times but sure there was more to it.