FC United

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: FC United

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Emdubya wrote:Dictionary.Com.
Twat—Someone who is stupid ,reckless or useless.
I’ll go for 2 out of 3 as I don’t think the guy is stupid.
I do apologise for upsetting the snowflakes out there.
Only one snowflake here and it's you - bellyaching on because everyone agrees you went a step too far.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:39 pm
Emdubya wrote:Dictionary.Com.
Twat—Someone who is stupid ,reckless or useless.
I’ll go for 2 out of 3 as I don’t think the guy is stupid.
I do apologise for upsetting the snowflakes out there.
Only one snowflake here and it's you - bellyaching on because everyone agrees you went a step too far.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Ah yes, the laughing emojis.

The last vestige of the man who can't think of a response and is trying to save face.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:06 pm

Nonsense, that's not how it's used generally and anyway I've been watching Scottish premier highlights and Tommy Wright is St Johnstone's manager so problem solved.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:10 pm

:lol:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:57 pm
Ah yes, the laughing emojis.

The last vestige of the man who can't think of a response and is trying to save face.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:15 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:06 pm
Nonsense, that's not how it's used generally and anyway I've been watching Scottish premier highlights and Tommy Wright is St Johnstone's manager so problem solved.
Tommy must decide, St.Johnstone or Darlo. He cannot do both, particularly if there is hard Brexit and SNP gain independence. :lol:

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:20 am

I agree that you shouldn't call Tommy that bad name. I called him a berk once but I was out of order - thick too but I wouldn't now. I've changed my mind about him a number of times but I couldn't call him fickle because he's stuck at it when no-one else would. Results will tell for him but I think it's right he's made it to the end of the season and the good will you can find for him and the team that shows through on some of the threads is very impressive. Let's hope he can conjure up that mysterious stuff on show against Kidder and Chorley for Saturday and take a back seat at half-time. Two cheers for Tommy.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:11 am

Yes I still think Tommy can be in charge next season and his reported demise is too premature.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:49 am

Emdubya wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:01 pm
It’s a good question, as our league placing are getting worse each season. From 5th to 12th to ?th.

Let’s re-sign Styche.
Getting rid of the twat on the touch line needs to be a priority.
Then we could try and get Styche back.
re-sign Styche? what with? brass buttons?

unless you're happy we line up with a 2-2-1 formation with Styche filling in at both full backs, midfield and leading the line on his own.

he was sold to balance the books no?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Yes he was sold to balance the books, however a new budget is available in the summer, how much of that is available to spend I don't know. Not saying we could afford Styche or someone of his level but we need to try to bring someone in to lead the line.

Be great to find a Mark Beck type again, although some moaned about him at the time.

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:03 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:49 pm
Personal abuse of TW is out of order, he's done his best in a very difficult situation. Perhaps the people who are calling him the name are the real idiots.
Totally agree.Bang out of order.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:14 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:40 pm
Yes he was sold to balance the books, however a new budget is available in the summer, how much of that is available to spend I don't know. Not saying we could afford Styche or someone of his level but we need to try to bring someone in to lead the line.

Be great to find a Mark Beck type again, although some moaned about him at the time.
Yes couldn't believe a select few moaned about him. Thought he was a lower league striker who had plenty of attributes and a few goals in him. He even closed defenders down (teamplayer) as far as I remember. Was gutted when he left but understood the reasons.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Problem for Beck was he made us so one dimensional. When teams sussed out how to negate the long ball for him, he didn't have much else to offer. He wasn't as mobile as an Armstrong or a Purewal, and he also suffered from not having anyone who seemed able to effectively play off his strengths. Neither Cartman or Hardy ever really enjoyed playing alongside a big man, wasn't and isn't their game. Consequently, even when Beck won a header, the ball ended up with the opposition, and it made him look the culprit. Whilst Gray had always been a long ball merchant to a degree, it usually utilised the channels, and Dowson, Armstrong and Purewal were ideal for this. They could also create something for themselves - Beck couldn't. He wasn't able to do anyone for pace, didn't really have much trickery about him. He was very good at what he did, a real threat from set-pieces, but like Denton, looked awful when game didn't suit him.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:46 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Problem for Beck was he made us so one dimensional. When teams sussed out how to negate the long ball for him, he didn't have much else to offer. He wasn't as mobile as an Armstrong or a Purewal, and he also suffered from not having anyone who seemed able to effectively play off his strengths. Neither Cartman or Hardy ever really enjoyed playing alongside a big man, wasn't and isn't their game. Consequently, even when Beck won a header, the ball ended up with the opposition, and it made him look the culprit. Whilst Gray had always been a long ball merchant to a degree, it usually utilised the channels, and Dowson, Armstrong and Purewal were ideal for this. They could also create something for themselves - Beck couldn't. He wasn't able to do anyone for pace, didn't really have much trickery about him. He was very good at what he did, a real threat from set-pieces, but like Denton, looked awful when game didn't suit him.
I know a few Harrogate fans and they are mouning about Beck and playing hoof ball

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:54 pm

FCUM bringing four players from their Under 21s with three likely to start, they say. The club has also binned off three players after last Saturday's terrible defeat.