Alan White

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Q8Quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Alan White

Post by Q8Quaker » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:00 pm

There's a lot of criticism on this board of TW and speculation if and when a new manager will be appointed. However, there's little mentioned about Alan White. Do fans think he's part of the problem or part of the solution?

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Alan White

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 pm

He's not part of the solution!

I would imagine he works to T.W's instructions - so for me the question is, if Tommy goes does Alan go too?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Not that we are seeking a new manager, but if we were, I'd like to think we'd bring someone new into the club.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:28 pm

Q8Quaker wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:00 pm
There's a lot of criticism on this board of TW and speculation if and when a new manager will be appointed. However, there's little mentioned about Alan White. Do fans think he's part of the problem or part of the solution?
Whilst accepting that TW is the manager I believe they take joint responsibility for what has happened this season.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:56 am

Re T.W. - he’s the perfect fit for us, except he’s not a very good football manager.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:48 am

As assistant manager and defensive coach he has been abysmal, pre match preparation of the defenders is the same every game, not keen on the zonal marking at corners which has been woeful at times and extremely lucky (due primarily to bad finishing) not to concede more and the new goalkeepers have time and time again shown galbraith ainge Trotman and ohanlon to be in wrong positions time and again.
I really hope we can select a manager who has coaching skill, who can form a team that work together when things are not going our way and learn from the likes of Thompson what it means to play for Darlington. AW & TW despite 18 months into the role have still not managed

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:38 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:48 am
As assistant manager and defensive coach he has been abysmal, pre match preparation of the defenders is the same every game, not keen on the zonal marking at corners which has been woeful at times and extremely lucky (due primarily to bad finishing) not to concede more and the new goalkeepers have time and time again shown galbraith ainge Trotman and ohanlon to be in wrong positions time and again.
I really hope we can select a manager who has coaching skill, who can form a team that work together when things are not going our way and learn from the likes of Thompson what it means to play for Darlington. AW & TW despite 18 months into the role have still not managed
Why should it mean anything more to them to play for Darlington than it would to play for Chorley, or Stockport, or any other club in this league? Should they be grateful for playing for a team with such an illustrious history? Stand in awe of the legends who have worn the shirt before them? Or should they just be expected to put in the effort, and show the professional pride expected of any player being paid to represent a club? Really don't understand why some people think we are something special. Different for Thompson and Galbraith as they've been with us almost from the restart, but to expect it to be anything other than a job for anyone else is ridiculous.