FANS NETCAFE -this Friday evening.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

FANS NETCAFE -this Friday evening.

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:59 pm

A reminder that if you wish to write in with a question, then better get moving - the email link is on the official site.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Alfie

Re: FANS NETCAFE -this Friday evening.

Post by Alfie » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:27 am

With Wright apparently taking part it will be interesting to see what level of critical questions to him will be selected. Might be a good opportunity for him to do a Theresa May and announce he is going at the end of the season (should have gone long ago but I accept going now would probably lead to even more confusion and chaos - that's Wright, as for May....)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:47 am

I have no questions for Wright that will do me, the club or Wright any favours.

He needs to get some points from the last 6 games, particularly FC Utd, Guiseley and Leamington, he can then bow out not so gracefully.

Once safe (if we manage it) we announce Tommy is leaving and BTB relabelled as "fund your club" to be launched - that's my short term 4 week plan.

Apathy has set in, no one can even be arsed to take it out on the players or even Wright, we went, we watched, we even cheered a little, we watch our watches until 9:36pm (or whenever full time was) and we went home. We were all bored and had no inspiration at all, we just want it to end.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:09 am

An extremely sad but accurate summary.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:17 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:I have no questions for Wright that will do me, the club or Wright any favours.

He needs to get some points from the last 6 games, particularly FC Utd, Guiseley and Leamington, he can then bow out not so gracefully.

Once safe (if we manage it) we announce Tommy is leaving and BTB relabelled as "fund your club" to be launched - that's my short term 4 week plan.

Apathy has set in, no one can even be arsed to take it out on the players or even Wright, we went, we watched, we even cheered a little, we watch our watches until 9:36pm (or whenever full time was) and we went home. We were all bored and had no inspiration at all, we just want it to end.
This

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:21 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:17 am
super_les_mcjannet wrote:I have no questions for Wright that will do me, the club or Wright any favours.

This

The best post I've read in a long while.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:25 am

Personally I would cancel this netcafe and hold something at the end of the season. The timing is all wrong now. What can TW possibly say now to add anything given the strength of feeling among fans and what is the point of DJ facing an avalanche of points about our failing manager? A netcafe isn't the place to deal with that kind of big central issue that is likely to dominate it.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:28 am

Summer recruitment was a total disaster and everything else ever since has been sticking plasters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 am

I wouldn't say a total disaster as I think Nicholson and Elliott are good players and an asset. However Burn has proved to be a terrible signing, Maddison was a poor signing as was Henshall, Ainge was signed as a striker but that never worked out although he is a very effective central defender, while Hughes could never play as the central midfielder he was supposed to be, then he went into rehab and then left.

Overall TW didn't make effective use of the funds at his disposal. He's not good at building a strong, effective side full of leadership, spirit and character and that was also the case before we chose him as our manager. He said at the start of this season he was happy that he had put together a concentrated squad full of quality but it didn't take long for things to unravel. He's also not very good at thinking on his feet and adapting as games unfold and challenges present themselves as at Hereford.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:25 am
Personally I would cancel this netcafe and hold something at the end of the season. The timing is all wrong now. What can TW possibly say now to add anything given the strength of feeling among fans and what is the point of DJ facing an avalanche of points about our failing manager? A netcafe isn't the place to deal with that kind of big central issue that is likely to dominate it.

There's talk of a Fans Forum event. Now this DOES need to be cancelled!

The Netcafe thing can at least be controlled so that it doesn't get out of control like forums always do.

I will tune in on Friday night but I'm not expecting much - in fact I've got a pretty clear idea of how it will pan out.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:18 am

LoidLucan wrote:I wouldn't say a total disaster as I think Nicholson and Elliott are good players and an asset. However Burn has proved to be a terrible signing, Maddison was a poor signing as was Henshall, Ainge was signed as a striker but that never worked out although he is a very effective central defender, while Hughes could never play as the central midfielder he was supposed to be, then he went into rehab and then left.

Overall TW didn't make effective use of the funds at his disposal. He's not good at building a strong, effective side full of leadership, spirit and character and that was also the case before we chose him as our manager. He said at the start of this season he was happy that he had put together a concentrated squad full of quality but it didn't take long for things to unravel. He's also not very good at thinking on his feet and adapting as games unfold and challenges present themselves as at Hereford.
Good post Lucan .. 100% agree with this.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:23 am

LoidLucan wrote:I wouldn't say a total disaster as I think Nicholson and Elliott are good players and an asset. However Burn has proved to be a terrible signing, Maddison was a poor signing as was Henshall, Ainge was signed as a striker but that never worked out although he is a very effective central defender, while Hughes could never play as the central midfielder he was supposed to be, then he went into rehab and then left.

I don’t disagree with much of your second paragraph but I think you’re being generous on the first. Nicholson has been decent, Elliott patchy, Henshall, Burn and Maddison have been terrible and Ainge is getting top dollar to be ok at CB because he hasn’t been good enough to get a game up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnTheTerraces

Post by OnTheTerraces » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:34 am

needs to peddle a few of his failed signings and the players cant cant be bothered.

Maddison
Burn
Ainge
Glover
Henshall

this leaves the team for next season ...

LoanKeeper (Pears)

Trotman Galbraith NewSIgning(Heaton) NewSIgning (?????)

Holness Wheatley

Thompson Kneeshaw Nicholson

NewSigning (Styche)

Subs
Bascome
Elliot
5 loan players

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:59 am

OnTheTerraces wrote:needs to peddle a few of his failed signings and the players cant cant be bothered.

Maddison
Burn
Ainge
Glover
Henshall

this leaves the team for next season ...

LoanKeeper (Pears)

Trotman Galbraith NewSIgning(Heaton) NewSIgning (?????)

Holness Wheatley

Thompson Kneeshaw Nicholson

NewSigning (Styche)

Subs
Bascome
Elliot
5 loan players
Holness ? Far too early to make a judgement, did not stand out last night

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:07 am

Pears, Heaton, Styche? :lol: :lol:

You paying like?

bga

Post by bga » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:13 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 am
LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:25 am

There's talk of a Fans Forum event. Now this DOES need to be cancelled!

The Netcafe thing can at least be controlled so that it doesn't get out of control like forums always do.

I will tune in on Friday night but I'm not expecting much - in fact I've got a pretty clear idea of how it will pan out.
[/ quote]
End of Season Awards Night could be interesting? I appreciate there are a number of unpaid volunteers, club staff and fans who may look forward to this. However, how many actual playing staff will attend given we have so few contracted players beyond the end of the season and possibly no Manager? (I live in hope!) Loan players (many of them unused) and those on short term contracts till end of the season are unlikely to be there so who is left?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:37 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:47 am

Spot on. Apathy is the word. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get an early bird season ticket yet - I'm not sure I can endure committing myself to another season like this so may wait to see what happens over the next few weeks.

The only questions I can think of which can realistically be answered are a) are the management team contracted for next season and b) which players are currently contracted for next season. I'm not going to send them in as I'd imagine they will be asked by multiple people.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:58 am

al_quaker wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:37 am

Spot on. Apathy is the word. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get an early bird season ticket yet - I'm not sure I can endure committing myself to another season like this so may wait to see what happens over the next few weeks.

The only questions I can think of which can realistically be answered are a) are the management team contracted for next season and b) which players are currently contracted for next season. I'm not going to send them in as I'd imagine they will be asked by multiple people.
It is the question on everyone's lips. Absolutely no reason why DJ should not answer this. I have sent my question in as well.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:26 pm

The thing that's bugging me is that why would TW be part of this if he wasn't staying on for next season, unless it's like a Soviet public show and he gives non-committal answers, but knows the truth.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:40 pm

bga wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:58 am
al_quaker wrote:

It is the question on everyone's lips. Absolutely no reason why DJ should not answer this. I have sent my question in as well.
No reason why he should answer this. I wouldn't expect to find that information out

bga

Post by bga » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:45 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:40 pm
bga wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

No reason why he should answer this. I wouldn't expect to find that information out
Don't be stupid, most Clubs let fans know the length of their Manager's contracts. Why should a Fan owned Club be any different?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:51 pm

D_F_C wrote:

Really? It seems manager contract lengths are normally fairly common knowledge. We knew the length of Gray's contract. I see no reason why we shouldn't know the length of Wright's contract.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 pm

Agreed. Also, the club announced when we took him on that he was here until the end of this season (under contract, that is).

If his contract his been extended, it feels like an announcement should have been made.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:09 pm

I suspect that TW's contract reaches a point at the end of this season where we can end it without penalty (and he can walk away without penalty) or the two parties can let it roll on should they both want that.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:11 pm

H1987 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 pm
Also, the club announced when we took him on that he was here until the end of this season (under contract, that is).
Did they? I've just been searching trying to find that info but couldn't find any mention of contract length!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:18 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:09 pm
I suspect that TW's contract reaches a point at the end of this season where we can end it without penalty (and he can walk away without penalty) or the two parties can let it roll on should they both want that.
Really hope that is the case. Best for all parties.

Really can't understand why Tommy is part of this netcafe on Friday. I mean has anyone actually managed to put together a question that doesn't just question his ability to manage the team and his competence as a football manager? Don't think anyone will be leading with what are your plans for next season and do you have any transfer targets in mind.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:46 pm

bga wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:45 pm
D_F_C wrote:
bga wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

Don't be stupid, most Clubs let fans know the length of their Manager's contracts. Why should a Fan owned Club be any different?
I've sent a question so don't want to go again, but re the lengths of contracts - there is no reason at all why this can't be answered and I hope that someone asks a question about it.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:15 pm

I would like to here what Tommy has already taken from this season which will give us and him a better positive spin on next season should he still be in the managers chair, as I have said I don't hold him responsible for all that has happened, yes he is the manager, he had player's sold to balance the books, there was an horrific injury, plus other injuries and he was left scrabbling around to fill the squad out, not an ideal situation.
I would not have liked to be in Tommy's shoes, the only criticism I have is his lack of passion and desire on match days, and his poor early signings, Tommy is a really good bloke on a personal level, if it was me in his position on a match day I would let the players know how I was feeling, I would be screaming at them and bouncing off the dugout to get them to play as they are asked to with confidence and speedy interpassing.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Where can I tune into the netcafe

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:10 pm

onewayup wrote:Where can I tune into the netcafe
Normally the official website

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk