Nuneaton....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Nuneaton....

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:51 pm

onewayup wrote:Holiness will be a class above after a couple of games to get into it.
Hope no one tells Ghostof1883/Quakerz about Holiness. He won't be happy.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Just listening to the radio and a discussion about Ozil being on £350,000 a week and hardly playing. Now that's a "massive contract"! Reminds me why I prefer watching non-league over premier League and just think what we could do with one week's pay.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Who's to say Holness is on a "massive contract" he's been injured for a period of time and like Nelson this gives him time to get match fit and put himself in the shop window for next season.

It's a win win situation for both parties. I don't expect to see him with us next season if he has got something about him.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Ozil being on £350,000 a week and hardly playing.

but he is crap

OnTheTerraces

Post by OnTheTerraces » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Assuming he is getting well paid as he’s got a fairly decent background, could be totally wrong mind.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:13 pm

OnTheTerraces wrote:Assuming he is getting well paid as he’s got a fairly decent background, could be totally wrong mind.
I’m sure you’ll have a fair idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Seventynine wrote:Ozil being on £350,000 a week and hardly playing.

but he is crap
Just because you think he is crap doesn't mean he is not worth 350k a week in today's market..Arsenal thought he were ok when he signed that contract, I'm sure u would sign a contract for that amount if offered..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:42 pm

i wouldn't sign for arsenal if i was priced at that...but he is crap...hes crapper than crap look at at the crap stats ,,hes s*** and iv watched him play.he scored 1 fooking goal for Germany and arsenal sign him ,,,,hes cost them millions ..hes the biggists crappepist footballer ever

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:43 pm

hes bacaillay a shyte money hog

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:44 pm

so harry whats he done for his 350 k a week

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:54 pm

He's scored roughly a goal every five games, played over 100 times for Madrid. Played 92 times for Germany and scored 23 goals. I don't think he's rubbish, just hasn't worked out at Arsenal. He's still paid a ridiculous amount though!

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:43 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:54 pm
He's scored roughly a goal every five games, played over 100 times for Madrid. Played 92 times for Germany and scored 23 goals. I don't think he's rubbish, just hasn't worked out at Arsenal. He's still paid a ridiculous amount though!
hes roughly shyte ..hes the most overpaided player in the history of football

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:44 pm

whats his name btw ?

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:46 pm

that was vengers downfall ..and btw . he was a s*** manager an all

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:41 pm

Who is Venger?? At least get his name right if you gonna slag the bloke

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:15 am

Seventynine wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:43 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Nah, that would one Alexis Sanchez of Manchester United F.C.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:17 am

Seventynine wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:46 pm
that was vengers downfall ..and btw . he was a s*** manager an all
He has plenty of trophies and the invincibles season to prove you incorrect.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:15 am

Only 3 premier league titles and 7 FA cups! I'd take a play off position from Tommy.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:56 am

Not quite sure how we ended up talking about Arsenal, but anyway back to Nuneaton........

Watching the highlights, you can tell it was a terrible game. Failing to win would have been horrific but the three points were essential.

Saw a comment above winning breeds confidence. Well, we've not seen any evidence of that this season. It's been one step forward, two steps back all campaign. Perhaps we can put that inconsistency to one side and go on a run in the last few games. I won't bank on it though.

The maximum FC United and Ashton can get is 51, so the absolute most points we need is 12 more. But that will be less as those two won't win all seven of their remaining games. So in reality, two wins and a draw would be probably be enough. We've got Guiseley, Leamington and FC United still to play so those are the games to target.

Then again, knowing us we'll probably lose those but win at Stockport next week.

Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Interesting that we cobble together a win and talk turns to poor players ... like Mehmet Ozil!. His quaker critics can't have seen him play. Part of this daft assessment is probably based on watching too much moderate stuff down the leagues, it's hard to see how good good players are sometimes. Thommo is our top man by a mile and I bet he'd recognise Ozil's class. Somebody said he's crap in mid-field - he must have seen worse down our way.
As for panning 'Venger' who do you have in mind as a better boss? Our lot should be ashamed they let Nuneaton score but it gives us a chance and I agree we are more likely to beat Stockport than the others.
I've been re-reading Dave Hodgsons book and it's still bizarre to get a chronology of George Reynolds doings that led to the current situation. It took a while to get to where we are and it might take longer to move on. Stay up and let's take a long, realistic view of where we can exist.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Thought it was a very poor game between 2 poor teams, something we all expected though. It could have easily went the other way and we got beat 2-1 and there'd be absolute uproar. Yet we still won and people are still complaining at it...

I see it as a 3 massive points and it's bridged the gap for us at the bottom. Wins do breed confidence and lets hope that this spurs us on for a few more wins before the finale vs Leamington on 27th April.

Thought Holness looked half decent before the sending off. The ball out to Henshall was bang on.
Henshall had a decent game imo, always said the more minutes he plays - The better he will be, he's just never a proper run in the squad.
Thommo was a class above as usual, his attitude was tip top. Always encouraging team mates and taking chances to run at the defence.

Another decent following down to the the midlands, I'd estimate 150/200 maybe? Absolutely fantastic considering the results we've had of late.

See you Wednesday. Come on Darlo.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:45 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:13 am
jjljks wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:04 am
From the commentary, another poor referee who nearly cost us the win. Any chance of appealing against the Holness red card? Thank heavens for Thommo and our away supporters.
Can't appeal a sending off for two yellows.
Thanks, real_darlo_85. Thought his first card was unnecessary, probably too over-enthusiastic and trying to establish his place in the pecking order. After seeing the highlights, he seems just the type of player we need to bolster midfield. Any idea of which games he will miss due to the red card?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:11 pm

Against an abysmal Nuneaton side we were marginally better in the second half.
Even the Home supporters were chanting " You're so bad you're going down with us".
The poorest Darlington side I can ever remember.
What is the opinion regarding Thommo's fantastic free kick which went in from underside of bar.
Seemed to me that the referee blew to take the free kick and then after Thompson had taken it, blew again because a player was receiving treatment 50yds away on the touch line ?
If Styche saved us from relegation last year, this year it will definitely be Thompson.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:50 pm

I think for 2 yellows it's a one match ban to commence 7 days after the original offence - so will miss Stockport

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Seventynine wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
“Overpaided” :shock:
You really need to lay off the piss on Sunday afternoons fella.
Or are you just a fucking moron.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:50 pm
I think for 2 yellows it's a one match ban to commence 7 days after the original offence - so will miss Stockport
Thanks, Vic. At least we may get to see him against Chester where I would hope our chances of better for the win. Anything away to Stockport would be a bonus, but more valuable to have him available for the 6 pointers against fellow strugglers. Just a shame he was not told about the poor refs we have in this League.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:01 pm

banktopp wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:11 pm
Seemed to me that the referee blew to take the free kick and then after Thompson had taken it, blew again because a player was receiving treatment 50yds away on the touch line ?
He wasn't injured he was tieing up his boots! Farcical.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:08 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Henshall had a decent game imo, always said the more minutes he plays - The better he will be, he's just never a proper run in the squad.
It was Henshalls best performance for us but that doesnt say much. You can see flashes of ability but he is frustrating.
Considering the state of the pitch it wasnt really a game for him to shine but his cross for the first was spot on.
It was a bit downhill after that though but like I say the pitch didnt really suit his game.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:51 pm
Seventynine wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
“Overpaided” :shock:
You really need to lay off the piss on Sunday afternoons fella.
Or are you just a fucking moron.
He had me at "biggists crappepist" (wasn't he in Life of Brian?)

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Nuneaton....

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:32 pm

The more I look at the team on Sat / squad the more I appreciate what a good job TW has done in putting it together.

With Holness in the middle theres only a couple or three players players I wouldnt want around next season.Obviously some of the loans will go but on the whole its not bad.

That said Im not sure TW can get the best out of them which is really sad as you would think that is the easier of the two tasks at NLN.