Nuneaton....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Nuneaton....

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:07 am

AndyPark wrote:Thought it was a very poor game between 2 poor teams, something we all expected though. It could have easily went the other way and we got beat 2-1 and there'd be absolute uproar. Yet we still won and people are still complaining at it...
That's really strange logic- "I expected us to be bad, so I'm perfectly fine with us being bad. And anyone who says we need to improve is an ungrateful complainer."

Makes no sense whatsoever.

People can be happy at getting three points but be unhappy with the performance. It's not a difficult concept.

And even the most fervent supporters admit it was a poor performance against the league's worst team. So come off it, there's no "complaining" going on. That's something you've invented to try and stifle criticism of the team's generally accepted poor display.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:05 am

Oh piss off gramps, trying to cause a stir over bugger all. Move along..

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:15 am

AndyPark wrote:Oh piss off gramps, trying to cause a stir over bugger all. Move along..
Here we go, Andy v Gramps...let battle commence

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:07 am

Perhaps we could go back to discussing Arsenal, Arsene and drunken keyboarding?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:00 am

AndyPark wrote:Oh piss off gramps, trying to cause a stir over bugger all. Move along..
Now imagine if I'd told you to piss off. There'd be bedlam on here.

All I'm saying is I don't understand your logic of admitting we were poor, then having a dig at people whose main complaint is that we were poor. Doesn't make sense.

It's a point of discussion on how we view the team, that's all Andy. Why are people so scared of being questioned on their point of view? Either engage with or ignore it.
don'tbuythesun wrote:Perhaps we could go back to discussing Arsenal, Arsene and drunken keyboarding?
We could. Or Andy can engage with the observation, or ignore it if he doesn't want to discuss it. But telling someone to piss off is not a great reaction (and given how much you abhor swearing, I'm sure you'll agree).
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:01 am

All caught up, what absurdly terrible refereeing.

That Thommo free kick should have stood, and that's never a sending off for Holness - although he shouldn't have got himself in the situation of being on a yellow for running his gob.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:00 am
Now imagine if I'd told you to piss off. There'd be bedlam on here.

All I'm saying is I don't understand your logic of admitting we were poor, then having a dig at people whose main complaint is that we were poor. Doesn't make sense.

It's a point of discussion on how we view the team, that's all Andy. Why are people so scared of being questioned on their point of view? Either engage with or ignore it.
don'tbuythesun wrote:Perhaps we could go back to discussing Arsenal, Arsene and drunken keyboarding?
We could. Or Andy can engage with the observation, or ignore it if he doesn't want to discuss it. But telling someone to piss off is not a great reaction (and given how much you abhor swearing, I'm sure you'll agree).
Another load of absolute waffle. Enjoy ya day, you're boring me already.

Back to the Nuneaton topic for the rest of messageboard suers.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Again Andy, my point was about the Nuneaton game, before you choose to become aggressive. Perhaps you don't like being questioned.

I was merely referencing the difference in perception. All of us, including yourself, admitted it was poor against Nuneaton. Yet you seemed to accept this, which didn't make sense to me.

If you want to get into a slanging match, I'm more than happy to do that. But it's a reasonable discussion point, as to why we should accept poor performances like you suggest.

It's a sad indictment of where we are this season if someone's view "It was a poor game, but I expected us to be poor anyway." Normalising mediocrity is not something we should be doing.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:22 pm

I accepted the poor performance, because we still come out of the game with 3 huge points. Hopefully that breeds some confidence into the team as I've said already.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see, starting with Chester tomorrow.

That any better?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Anyone who supports Darlington must be disappointed with this season whether we have won or lost

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:19 pm

I don't really abhor swearing but I do think it's unnecessary on here. I'm more fed up with the total dissection of every point ad nauseim.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:03 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Anyone who supports Darlington must be disappointed with this season whether we have won or lost
Yes slightly but that's football we ain't Billy big bollox Darlington gonna win every game steam roll the league ,we are a fan owned club with a limited budget living within our means.. Support the team through thin and thinner and hopefully we will progress We dont deserve to be in the league at the moment not to say it won't happen over time but let's support the team and let's see what happens..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk