North Ferriby wound up

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

North Ferriby wound up

Post by H1987 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:06 pm

What a shame. Always sad to see any football club go. Who knows if they have the numbers, or desire to come back as fan owned. RIP North Ferriby.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: North Ferriby wound up

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:19 pm

A timely reminder of the perils of being owned and run in this manner.

We may struggle but ultimately we should never be wound up, again.......
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Hopefully a new club can be formed more in line with the scope of a village of 4,000 people. Another example of a club that punched well above its weight because of major bankrolling but then left with its arse hanging in the wind when they got bored and pulled the cash. They were left at a level that was never going to be sustainable when the cash was gone and it's been downhill ever since. Sad to see a club go and a salutary lesson of what can happen.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Project clubs. Toys for their rich owners. As usual, the loyal fans suffer. Let's enjoy supporting our team in the meantime.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

North Ferriby wound up

Post by shildonlad » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:28 pm

North ferriby were at evostick level for years and i reckon they could have stayed at this level with crowds and facilities they had but it seemed the wankers in charge ran them into the deck on purpose as they could not relocate the club. Shildon had a tax bill of around 20k about 15 year back and still avoided been wound up, under 10k debt these days does not seen alot to wind a club up over
Last edited by shildonlad on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:41 pm

Another vanity project failed. Feel for the North Ferriby fans who have just lost their village’s football club

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:08 pm

If North Ferriby's results are expunged it will be good news for South Shields. They astonishingly lost to N Ferriby away and beat them at home while both Warrington and Farsley Celtic won both games against them.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Really sorry to hear this news. Spoke to some of their supporters who came up for the game last season, a really nice set of blokes. Hope they can reform.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:55 am

LoidLucan wrote:If North Ferriby's results are expunged it will be good news for South Shields. They astonishingly lost to N Ferriby away and beat them at home while both Warrington and Farsley Celtic won both games against them.
I hope the results stay with it been so late in the season. Michael douglas at south shields just seems to have food luck on his side. If he put a load of manure on the pitch it would turn into roses
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:54 am

shildonlad wrote:North ferriby were at evostick level for years and i reckon they could have stayed at this level with crowds and facilities they had but it seemed the wankers in charge ran them into the deck on purpose as they could not relocate the club. Shildon had a tax bill of around 20k about 15 year back and still avoided been wound up, under 10k debt these days does not seen alot to wind a club up over
Actually they were NCE not Evostick and they have been in trouble for some time.
The Allams pulled funding and left the Fosters to run the club without family backing, they then cut the budget by 50% and 6 months later by 50% again Even with all that going on they got into but relegated from the National.
The Fosters then sold to Carl Chadwick for £1 but he soon showed to be a front man for the infamous Jamie Waltham who first killed Dunswell, then tried to end Hall Rd Rangers and laterly killed off Hull utd. In every case, because the club committees realised he was talking out of his arse and had not the money to do the things he planned. 1 quote being "in 5 years we will be fighting to sign the same players as city" That when they were 7 levels lower down
A good mate of mine, John Rudkin who is now at Gainsbrough was media officer for NFU for many years. It was a lovely place to go to enjoy a football match pre the Allams. No-one outside the area had heard of the club !!!!!!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Interesting article in the paper today about the North Ferriby phoenix club.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/th ... esurrected

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:44 pm

One of my favourite memories at Blackwell was the game against North Ferriby in the snow, absolutely freezing cold, stood next to a group of lads with no coats who I think were just pass through and catching a game (think they were on a lads weekend). North Ferriby threw in the towel that game, they were 5-0 down at half time!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman