New forum - testers wanted

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

mikkyx
Site Admin

New forum - testers wanted

Post by mikkyx » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 am

Hi,
Officially bored of removing spammers from here, and I'm not sure updating phpBB is the answer - our install is a little broken under the hood so I'd risk knocking the forum offline entirely.

So, with that in mind, I'm going to bring forward the install of a replacement forum. I might try and get something up and running this weekend, as I have a particular platform in mind, but I'd want us to be happy with it. If people are interested in testing it, drop your name in this thread. I'll probably just make it a public test anyway but I'd be interested in getting numbers ahead of time.

It's important to note that I probably wouldn't be able to bring posts across to any replacement - I'd lock this whole place for archival purposes if that was the case. Accounts should be movable, but you'd need to reset your passwords.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Comfortably_numb
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New forum - testers wanted

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:02 pm

I'll help Mikky

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks. Since my slightly anger-fuelled post (although compared to some on here recently, regarding more on-field affairs....) earlier, I've softened a bit to the idea of upgrading phpBB to the newest available version. I'll just have to rebuild the theme again. We'll see how it goes.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 am

If (when) the match gets called off today I'll be doing some upgrade work on the forum. Expect downtime.