Early Bird Season Tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early Bird Season Tickets

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:25 pm

quakersfan wrote:Early Bird is done by lots of clubs as it’s March/April when most clubs have cash problems.
I presume it’s covering staff wages to get us to the end of the season. As a fan owned club it would be good to have a quarterly overview rather than just at the AGM, would that be possible Divas?
Sadly Divas has no say in that part other than as a member of the DFCSG.

I do agree though, more detail/updates on more regular basis is required to bring people along. When we release the year accounts, I would also like to see an expected year accounts for current year at the very least, talking about something running 1st Jul 2017 - 30th Jun 2018 and discussing that in Jan 19 isn't really enough. I want to know where we are 1st Jul 18 - and expected 30th Jun 2019.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Are the most recent accounts publicly available?

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:29 pm

I think it's a bit of both. The early bird incentive gives probably just enough cover for the remainder of the season, with any other money made on season tickets used to get over the summer and into the preseason games, plus new merchandise sales etc.

I think what is most prevalent at this time of year are the amount of clubs issuing financial warnings such as the inability to pay wages and HMRC winding up orders - highlighting serious issues with regards to football finances. Notts County and Macclesfield within days of each other have issued statements and there is the ongoing saga at Nuneaton. I think this is the toughest part of the season for most clubs regarding financial management.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:40 pm

al_quaker wrote:Are the most recent accounts publicly available?
Just checked Companies House and the accounts have not been filed yet. If you’re a member of DFCSG you can email the secretary and they’ll let you have a copy though.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:44 pm

divas wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Are the most recent accounts publicly available?
Just checked Companies House and the accounts have not been filed yet. If you’re a member of DFCSG you can email the secretary and they’ll let you have a copy though.
:thumbup: cheers

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:52 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
quakersfan wrote:Early Bird is done by lots of clubs as it’s March/April when most clubs have cash problems.
I presume it’s covering staff wages to get us to the end of the season. As a fan owned club it would be good to have a quarterly overview rather than just at the AGM, would that be possible Divas?

I do agree though, more detail/updates on more regular basis is required to bring people along. When we release the year accounts, I would also like to see an expected year accounts for current year at the very least, talking about something running 1st Jul 2017 - 30th Jun 2018 and discussing that in Jan 19 isn't really enough. I want to know where we are 1st Jul 18 - and expected 30th Jun 2019.
Yeah it would be nice, however it is a tricky one. If all is hunky-dory then I don’t think there would be a problem publishing a current position plus projection every quarter, the problem comes when you’re not tracking to budget and facing challenges it’s maybe not something you want to make public because or creditors etc. Even if the situation is manageable it doesn’t send out a great message to potential sponsors and creditors - last thing we need is a headline in the Echo. It’s all well and good saying “we’ll run the club better then” but there’s always potential for problems in all walks of business.

This type of information should be shared with the DFCSG board on a quarterly basis though and if there are any shortfalls then those projections should be accompanied by a plan to either increase revenue or decrease costs to get back on track. The recent change of the articles of DFC1883 Ltd at the recent AGM should further help this scenario. I believe these days that’s type of thing is happening now and the players sales this season at least attest to things being managed better. In previous times the DFCSG never even got to see the finances which is madness - generally only informed when there was a big problem that needed lots of cash from the fans.

As members of the DFCSG we need to put our trust in the DFCSG board that they will hold the DFC directors to account on such matters. Still it’s not always easy though due to the voluntary nature of the DFC Directors. It’s much easier to hold someone to account if you’re paying them a salary and there are competent people waiting in the wings to come in. Make no mistake it’s not an easy job - I’ve been there which is why I have a lot of respect for those trying to do a similar job under very difficult circumstances.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Quakerlad wrote:But I'm talking about the last 12 mths not the one previous. Totally accept what was done then was completely wrong and yes Beck, Bartlett, ferguson etc helped her s through that period.
Surely though, at the end of last season the board set the budget for this current season based on the forecasts for thIs seasons income with complete knowledge of the previous years mess. On that basis you cannot keep referring to the MG era and budget etc .
All I am saying is that THIS last 12 mths has seen the most unbudgeted income we could ever hope for probably and it is still a mess.
Anyway let's leave it at that as none of us can really comment accurately without seeing the income and expenditure detail
Unfortunately when one set of accounts closes and another opens you don’t automatically get to a zero balance. There’s always carryover. I don’t want to sound rude but if you’re really interested perhaps you should do a bit more research into how businesses operate, particularly small businesses as no matter what I tell you, you don’t want to believe it makes sense.

What exactly is it you want someone to tell you or you’re insinuating/trying to prove?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:01 pm

divas wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:

Yeah it would be nice, however it is a tricky one. If all is hunky-dory then I don’t think there would be a problem publishing a current position plus projection every quarter, the problem comes when you’re not tracking to budget and facing challenges it’s maybe not something you want to make public because or creditors etc. Even if the situation is manageable it doesn’t send out a great message to potential sponsors and creditors - last thing we need is a headline in the Echo. It’s all well and good saying “we’ll run the club better then” but there’s always potential for problems in all walks of business.

This type of information should be shared with the DFCSG board on a quarterly basis though and if there are any shortfalls then those projections should be accompanied by a plan to either increase revenue or decrease costs to get back on track. The recent change of the articles of DFC1883 Ltd at the recent AGM should further help this scenario. I believe these days that’s type of thing is happening now and the players sales this season at least attest to things being managed better. In previous times the DFCSG never even got to see the finances which is madness - generally only informed when there was a big problem that needed lots of cash from the fans.

As members of the DFCSG we need to put our trust in the DFCSG board that they will hold the DFC directors to account on such matters. Still it’s not always easy though due to the voluntary nature of the DFC Directors. It’s much easier to hold someone to account if you’re paying them a salary and there are competent people waiting in the wings to come in. Make no mistake it’s not an easy job - I’ve been there which is why I have a lot of respect for those trying to do a similar job under very difficult circumstances.
Agree, I often want more info than is probably necessary and if I really want to be that involved in the detail I should put myself forward to be involved, of which I don't have the time or probably the inclination currently.

However as others should, I have no issue asking questions to DFCSG if I want to understand a little further, people should sensibly question things with the board and that doesn't mean sending an email saying "Where's the money because we once sold a player for 20k?" :)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:47 pm

The real financial whizz kids are our 50/50 draw organisers. Put them in charge of the budget :clap:

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:10 pm

It might also be forward thinking to help with Admin. When ST are launched they can be offered over 3 instalments ( April,May & June) which means tickets can be printed & collected in July.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:29 pm

Might not bother if TW does not do the honourable thing and walk away (now)

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:02 pm

I’ll be buying one as I support the football club and if loads of ppl decide they don’t want to get one I dread what negative impact this will have on future budget and the ability to attract a half decent replacement.

As for Tommy, time to go. No discipline, lack of organisation, fitness and leadership. He’s not been helped as the signings in the summer, Maddison, Burn, Henshall and Ainge, all came with good pedigree and looked like great signings but literally none of them have delivered on the pitch. Maybe it comes from the lack of good management, it’s likely.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:15 pm

i hope the club will still be selling flexi-tickets next season?

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am

anybody know how many have been sold compared to last year?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:19 pm

me and my mate have bought one so there`s 2 ha ha

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:51 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am
anybody know how many have been sold compared to last year?
A bit down on this time last year by all accounts.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 pm

It will be and so will the crowds the way things are going..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk