Spennymoor signing

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Spennymoor signing

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:52 pm

They’re announcing a new signing at 5pm, rumours flying all over the place on twitter that it’s Thompson. Hopefully it’s just rumours!

I personally can’t see it happening with him being so close to the record but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he were to move on in the summer.

Could also be Kempster from York who is rumoured to be about to leave.

al_quaker

Re: Spennymoor signing

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:00 pm

If it's Thompson we best have been offered some astronomical fee

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:38 pm

al_quaker wrote:If it's Thompson we best have been offered some astronomical fee
It had better not be Thommo or there will be hell on.This would be the final straw for me without a doubt but let’s not pre judge.Surely the club would never consider selling him especially to that lot up the road.Would be amazed if this were true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Taylor’s contract is up at the end of the season so hopefully it’ll be a renewal of that.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Taylor’s contract is up at the end of the season so hopefully it’ll be a renewal of that.
It was in fact this news, panic over and the thread can be deleted. :lol:

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:14 pm

I bet he’s negotiated a canny pay rise after the goals he’s been smashing in recently

Phew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:24 pm

quakerman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:If it's Thompson we best have been offered some astronomical fee
It had better not be Thommo or there will be hell on.This would be the final straw for me without a doubt but let’s not pre judge.Surely the club would never consider selling him especially to that lot up the road.Would be amazed if this were true.

Every player would have a price to be honest

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:42 pm

quakerman wrote:

Dont think Thommo would get a game at Spennymoor

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:47 pm

He's a good player Taylor with an impressive strike rate of 70 goals in 151 appearances for them. They say Football League clubs have been interested but after a "coffee with Brad" they agreed a deal. He's a teacher so can't imagine many League clubs could have come up with something to tempt him out of that career... along with Brad's "vibes" of course :D. He has always come across as having a bit of class as opposed to some of the other arrogant, juvenile, chip-on-the-shoulder morons alongside him.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Polar and Spen pop here regularly as if they have a love in with us. I wouldn't think of going on the Spenny forum but do they actually have one?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:48 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Polar and Spen pop here regularly as if they have a love in with us. I wouldn't think of going on the Spenny forum but do they actually have one?
It's just one bloke in a bus stop ranting about vibes

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:33 pm

Thommo won't go to Spennymoor, as I'm sure that if he went, he'd want to go to a bigger club!!! :lol:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Polar and Spen pop here regularly as if they have a love in with us. I wouldn't think of going on the Spenny forum but do they actually have one?
Spen is a weird character, licks everyone's arseholes on here; but does nothing but slate the club and our fans over the social media channels on FB & Twitter.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:48 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Spen is a weird character, licks everyone's arseholes on here; but does nothing but slate the club and our fans over the social media channels on FB & Twitter.
Think Loan Star has picked up on this before. I saw last night there were further attempts at trolling the darlo fans. We are best served not to react.

Wouldn't swap Tommo for Hall or Anderson or any other Spenny wide man

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:51 pm

It would help if our fans didn’t panic about us selling him very 5 minutes and start spreading baseless rumours. Sick of hearing that he’s off to Shields or Spenny

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:53 pm

divas wrote:It would help if our fans didn’t panic about us selling him very 5 minutes and start spreading baseless rumours. Sick of hearing that he’s off to Shields or Spenny
Or any rumour that isn't true. Once someone says one thing on here, or twitter or the tin shed page, it turns into truth within about 10 mins and is spread.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:57 pm

But anything said on social media is true. Surely you know that. It's why the Russians love it.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:10 pm

divas wrote:It would help if our fans didn’t panic about us selling him very 5 minutes and start spreading baseless rumours. Sick of hearing that he’s off to Shields or Spenny
The meltdown on Twitter yesterday was bizarre, a few Spenny fans winding it up also but Darlo fans biting.

Hopeful that the board whilst confirming last years accounts, give a good overview of where we are financially currently. This may either allay a few fears or stoke the fire.

It would be good to know if we are on target to end the season without making a loss, or what range any loss is likely to be in.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:30 pm