Spennimoor

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: Spennimoor

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:10 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Might be worth having a sub forum for all the Spenny fans, they and the Darlo fans who want to can go and chat all things Spenny on there.

Well backed by a great bloke we would love to have got involved with us, decent enough crowds for the population size, good team with a strange obsession with Darlo. Sure some Darlo fans probably have a strange obsession with Spenny also.
Are spenny takeing over the rivalry crown from pools?
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:12 pm

al_quaker wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:If we were 3rd in the league and playing as well as Spenny we would probably average nearer 2000
Probably - and that would still be worse as a % of the towns population than Spennymoor get.

Our home crowds - considering the size of Darlington - are really nothing to shout about.

Our away crowds always seem pretty good mind.
Cant argue with darlo away crowds. Remember at stockport a couple of years ago when i went, was a good following better than a few in the football league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:15 pm

shildonlad wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Might be worth having a sub forum for all the Spenny fans, they and the Darlo fans who want to can go and chat all things Spenny on there.

Well backed by a great bloke we would love to have got involved with us, decent enough crowds for the population size, good team with a strange obsession with Darlo. Sure some Darlo fans probably have a strange obsession with Spenny also.
Are spenny takeing over the rivalry crown from pools?
I would say nowhere near to be honest, maybe different for others but I don't feel any different to them than Blyth, Gateshead, Bishop Auckland, Newton Aycliffe etc. just another NE non league club (which we are also).

Hartlepool is a different ball game although currently they are also irrelevant and have been for some time, until we get to play them in a game that means something.

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm

AndyPark wrote:
polarbear wrote:can we have a bit more discussion on why your crowds are so poor to Hartlepool
Okay, so this is why; from my POV.

Hartlepool have been lucky enough to stay at their ground for any duration of time, whereas we have had to endue leaving our home in Feethams and moving to a big f*cking soulless arena where we suffered financial mismanagement year after year.

Having been into administration 3 times in the space of 10 years took it's toll on the Darlington public and it's surrounding areas who couldn't face the heartache of following a football club who had been through so much in such a short period.

When we got shafted by yet another chairman and we got demoted down to the Northern League, only a hardcore of fans of 1500ish stuck by the club when others deserted it so they could follow football from the comfort of their armchairs.

Yet despite all of our controversy, we have a great hardcore of fans who time after time will provide monies to the club and not having to rely on handouts from millionaires.
Yet despite our shocking season this season and last, we still topple over a lot of clubs in this league.

Hartlepool have not suffered anywhere near as badly as we have, but you can watch from afar and see that slowly the Hartlepool fans are doing what our 'fans' did and are staying away and refuse to be binded to a club that is suffering financial mismanagement.
Hartlepool fans did not have to travel 12/13 miles out of town for 'home games' where at times we still got 2000 through the gates.
Hartlepool haven't had to rebuild from scratch without a penny to there name.
Hartlepool haven't had to deal with stagnating at a level of football where ridiculous amount of village teams overspend to be above you in a league table.

I can't even be arsed going on anymore. Anything else?
Although you have to be honest and say for probably 5 or 6 years we also overspent to get to where we are now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC