Alfreton away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Alfreton away

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 pm

I quite clearly said at the time joking about poor mental is out of order. Being stupid/stupid post, it's all semantics. DFRs output is a matter of opinion so everyone is entitled to theirs and I'm happy to support them on here. I'd love to hear a ghost/Gramps joint commentary wouldn't you? It's been difficult for us to tell who's playing at times!
Last edited by don'tbuythesun on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 pm

I don’t think anyone was saying we shouldn’t have a commentary, simply some enjoy it more than others. Horses for courses. No different to some people liking a tv programme and others not. Personally I’ve never been able to get away with radio commentary of football matches full stop no matter who or what they are broadcast on. I much prefer getting opinions of many from twitter

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:er - grow up? I don't get that. my point was more we're way better off now in terms of coverage compared to previous decades.

Media blackout - a poor choice of words - I guess its more a case of if you don't like the coverage don't listen.
That's what I was objecting to.

"I don't like some of the commentary"

"So you want a media blackout!"

When I said overreaction, that's what I was getting at.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:31 pm

fair play

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:11 pm

I personally think DFR is really good.

We get better commentary now (i.e. full 90 minutes) that we did when were in the football league (obviously technology has changed).

Also there are different commentators each week - I know its the same ones rotating - but I'm sure if any other fan wanted to give it a go and co-commentate then I'm sure there would be a way in.

There has been some pretty funny moments this season, Liam Hughes was an absolute blast and when I think when Michael Cansfield was commentating when he thought Hall was subbed on, and he hadn't realised he was the sub keeper. Also the last game of last season was really good when there was a different player on every 10 mins or so.

Thumbs up from me.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I personally think DFR is really good.

Also there are different commentators each week - I know its the same ones rotating - but I'm sure if any other fan wanted to give it a go and co-commentate then I'm sure there would be a way in.
Yep, if anyone wants to offer their help drop the DarloFansRadio people a line via twitter. More hands make lightwork etc.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong with DFR, who wants a Motty like commentary anyway, I always enjoy listening and when Liam Hughes was on a couple of weeks ago it was brilliant.Even on Saturday with Les McJannett and other ex Darlo players previously, listening to past stories is great.Cannot understand the problem, is this the best some posters can come up with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Glad to have DFR to fall back on when I can't get to a match. At least we are not reliant on the BBC or Tyne Tees who constantly fail to acknowledge there are games going on of interest to people in the region. Would be a shock of the Darlo v Spenny game is mentioned by them at all

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Billy Hoof It Heath reckons a draw was a fair result in the end but they could look on it as two points dropped because they created four really good chances. I think he took a wrong turn approaching the ground and was at a match elsewhere :D

bga

Post by bga » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:15 pm

jjljks wrote:Glad to have DFR to fall back on when I can't get to a match. At least we are not reliant on the BBC or Tyne Tees who constantly fail to acknowledge there are games going on of interest to people in the region. Would be a shock of the Darlo v Spenny game is mentioned by them at all
Ok this is off Thread. Anyone listen to "Time of our Lives" on BBC Tees at lunchtime? I listen occasionally, and really get annoyed when they give out Football clues for the year in question and nearly always mention Pools and Boro, but hardly ever Darlo. I understand to an extent their current stance on not covering us, but to ignore history is a bit like ethnic cleansing and we never existed!

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Also, Pools are NON LEAGUE MINNOWS, just like us.

We were largely ignored by the press when we dropped into the conference, this didn't happen to the ape abusers.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, considering they're amateurs they do a pretty decent job of it and are listened to by hundreds of us. They have some decent guests on and can be quite humorous. I'd struggle big time if I gave it a go...they're a lifeline for many, so ignore the negativity lads and keep up the good work!
In relation to Twitter, Simon looks to be trying to improve things but says it will take time, encouraging people to contact him....see his Twitter feed.
Agreed. I can't believe that fans are against the fans radio. It's a great service that they provide for a club at our level.