Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
LoidLucan
Posts: 3255
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Maybe Richard Money will punish his failing first-teamers with an outing in the Durham Challenge Cup on a cold January night at BM.

I'm sure Nick Loughlin thinks they deserve it after he wrote this following their FA Trophy embarrassment on Saturday:

"ANOTHER WEEK, another new low. The absolute basket case of a squad that makes up Hartlepool United Football Club never ceases to disappoint.

Relegation from the Football League was woeful. Last season was desperate. This season? Same story, with the potential to be worse. Saturday? They were well beaten at home by Telford United in the FA Trophy. Another new chapter of shame."



It's absolutely tragic for those poor fans :D

banktopp
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Hereford

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by banktopp » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Maybe Richard Money will punish his failing first-teamers with an outing in the Durham Challenge Cup on a cold January night at BM.

I'm sure Nick Loughlin thinks they deserve it after he wrote this following their FA Trophy embarrassment on Saturday:

"ANOTHER WEEK, another new low. The absolute basket case of a squad that makes up Hartlepool United Football Club never ceases to disappoint.

Relegation from the Football League was woeful. Last season was desperate. This season? Same story, with the potential to be worse. Saturday? They were well beaten at home by Telford United in the FA Trophy. Another new chapter of shame."



It's absolutely tragic for those poor fans :D
Would that be the same Telford who beat us 2-0 at BM in the 3rd qualifying round of the Trophy.
Doesn't pay to crow about Pools with our record in cups.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 pm

The Golden Hairclip wrote:It’s the first time I’ve bought tickets via the club’s website. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Really straightforward and you can print tickets at home and/or just keep them on your phone and they’ll be scanned at the gate. Great stuff!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the 21st century..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:54 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:It’s the first time I’ve bought tickets via the club’s website. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Really straightforward and you can print tickets at home and/or just keep them on your phone and they’ll be scanned at the gate. Great stuff!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the 21st century..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Funny you should say that as they have no such facility at York Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12837
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:04 am

Unlike most all ticket games that don't sell out and then you can pay at the gate, this won't be the case this time. No Andy the pub was full of the scum, I wouldn't have got out alive as the pub was full of them. But it was funny.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12837
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am

Don't want to be the prophet of doom, but the weather forecast for next week is pretty poor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/dl1

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1788
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by D_F_C » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Not bad for a game nobody is arsed about apparently... :clap: :clap: :clap:
No one has argued that there aren't people who are "arsed" about the game.

The question was one of how significant the match is. Without wanting to restart the arguments, some think it is significant because it's a derby. Others, like me, argue it's not a proper derby and isn't important because it's a youth team county cup game.

As far as I'm concerned we could get a sell out and it still wouldn't make it significant. That's the argument; not whether people are arsed about it or not.
If both played their first teamers would it make it any different for you?

H1987
Posts: 1560
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by H1987 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Really, with the covers on, we should comfortably survive a bit of snow. The club have planned in advance for the Spennymoor game, presumably they'll put them straight back on after that game. The ground should not be fully frozen from those temperatures with a cover on. Especially by the evening!

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6236
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by loan_star » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

D_F_C wrote:If both played their first teamers would it make it any different for you?
No different to a pre-season friendly to me, no matter how many first teamers are involved. Not the end of the world if we lose.

poppyfield
Posts: 1712
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by poppyfield » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:49 pm

loan_star wrote:
D_F_C wrote:If both played their first teamers would it make it any different for you?
No different to a pre-season friendly to me, no matter how many first teamers are involved. Not the end of the world if we lose.
Agree its not the end of the world if we lose, but I look on this as an opportunity for the club to earn some much needed cash, if we do win, a home draw with South Shields might bring a few more fans through the gates.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

JE93
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by JE93 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:16 pm

poppyfield wrote:
loan_star wrote:
D_F_C wrote:If both played their first teamers would it make it any different for you?
No different to a pre-season friendly to me, no matter how many first teamers are involved. Not the end of the world if we lose.
Agree its not the end of the world if we lose, but I look on this as an opportunity for the club to earn some much needed cash, if we do win, a home draw with South Shields might bring a few more fans through the gates.
This, if we can get through the day without incident and making a nice little cash profit which helps our cash flow and day to day operations, then it will be a success. If we win bonus.

eddie-rowles
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Very disappointing response from chimp stranglers only 100 tickets sold so far sounds like will be more Darlo police on overtime at BM

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-9541514

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:41 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:Very disappointing response from chimp stranglers only 100 tickets sold so far sounds like will be more Darlo police on overtime at BM

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-9541514
People have heard about BM and the away standing area and they don't travel simple as that .Why would they want to sell 500/1000+and not get a good view.. Waste of money I'm affraid

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

onewayup
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by onewayup » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:38 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:Very disappointing response from chimp stranglers only 100 tickets sold so far sounds like will be more Darlo police on overtime at BM

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-9541514
People have heard about BM and the away standing area and they don't travel simple as that .Why would they want to sell 500/1000+and not get a good view.. Waste of money I'm affraid

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Harry do you attend the games, it's an improved view, negative response again why can't you be positive about the club instead of knocking every effort made to improve what we have.????

lo36789
Posts: 8546
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Tbf it’s the expected response from them right? They have enough of their own problems to pretend this is a game which means anything to them. If we plan to put a decent side out I wouldn’t be surprised if Money did the same - not to avoid defeat / for any particular desire to progress in the competition but suspect the more game time he can give his player at a decent standard the better. He needs to try and get them going to stay clear of relegation.

shildonlad
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:46 pm

lo36789 wrote:Tbf it’s the expected response from them right? They have enough of their own problems to pretend this is a game which means anything to them. If we plan to put a decent side out I wouldn’t be surprised if Money did the same - not to avoid defeat / for any particular desire to progress in the competition but suspect the more game time he can give his player at a decent standard the better. He needs to try and get them going to stay clear of relegation.
Think theres plenty of dross below them for pools to avoid relegation
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Why have we allocated them 94 seating tickets? Did the same for the York game.

User avatar
divas
Posts: 13091
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by divas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Quaker85 wrote:Why have we allocated them 94 seating tickets? Did the same for the York game.
Incase they have some fans who want/need to sit?

Yarblockos
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by Yarblockos » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:06 pm

onewayup wrote:Harry do you attend the games, it's an improved view, negative response again why can't you be positive about the club instead of knocking every effort made to improve what we have.????
What on Earth does 'it's an improved view' mean? Improved compared to what? I'd love to imagine 486 people standing at that end could have a great view of the pitch. Not a chance.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 pm

onewayup wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:Very disappointing response from chimp stranglers only 100 tickets sold so far sounds like will be more Darlo police on overtime at BM

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-9541514
People have heard about BM and the away standing area and they don't travel simple as that .Why would they want to sell 500/1000+and not get a good view.. Waste of money I'm affraid

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Harry do you attend the games, it's an improved view, negative response again why can't you be positive about the club instead of knocking every effort made to improve what we have.????
Every game not missed many for 30 year... I will be negative about the place all the time I've never hidden my hate for the place since day one..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:12 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
onewayup wrote:Harry do you attend the games, it's an improved view, negative response again why can't you be positive about the club instead of knocking every effort made to improve what we have.????
What on Earth does 'it's an improved view' mean? Improved compared to what? I'd love to imagine 486 people standing at that end could have a great view of the pitch. Not a chance.
Exactly Yar..I'm only ever negative about the place where I'd rather not be at BUT I support the team that plays there so will always be there to support.. Can't help the way I feel and I'm probably not alone I just have to say it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

onewayup
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by onewayup » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:18 pm

There will not be 486 away fans so problem solved, unless you know there to be 486 strange number.
If you go regularly you will have noticed that that area is sparsely populated,

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1801
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Perhaps they need colour coded tickets....tall ones at the back, please.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:35 pm

onewayup wrote:There will not be 486 away fans so problem solved, unless you know there to be 486 strange number.
If you go regularly you will have noticed that that area is sparsely populated,
He were probably talking about the York game!!!

OnTheTerraces
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by OnTheTerraces » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Can’t the stands be altered to make the standing area steeper ... I know we need money but could it be done?

quakersfan
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by quakersfan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Apparently on Facebook they have sold less than 130 tickets so perhaps the big derby atmosphere won’t be happening, a real shame.

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Lot of bluster over a nothing game. 130 is more than I thought would be bothered, and pretty good for a reserve/youth game.

Yarblockos
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by Yarblockos » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:05 am

onewayup wrote:There will not be 486 away fans so problem solved, unless you know there to be 486 strange number.
If you go regularly you will have noticed that that area is sparsely populated,
How do we solve the problem of 486 away fans not being able to see the game? Answer. They won't bother coming so it's not a problem! Genius.

We gave them 486 standing tickets.

onewayup
Posts: 1840
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by onewayup » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:46 am

That's not what I meant, but for this game it applies.
The club is doing all it can at the moment to keep moving forward, and when money is available will I, m sure develop that end.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12837
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:13 am

Very disappointing to hear the poolie support will be so low. I suspect that a lack of poolie fans will detract from the atmosphere.

Post Reply