Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BUSHEAD
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:46 am

Darlogramps wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote: My point has has just as much relevance as yours thank you very much.

The world doesn't revolve around you and your opinion.
Oh come on, be more intelligent than that. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that I wasn't saying your opinion was irrelevant. I was saying the point you brought up about Harvey Saunders had no relevance to the point I was making.

Saying "Harvey Saunders once scored against Hartlepool" isn't relevant to the discussion about the significance of this game because it doesn't change the fact this is a glorified youth team game in a meaningless cup competition.

By all means disagree with my opinion, but at least take the time to understand my arguments before replying.
don'tbuythesun wrote:Despite this being a minor trophy Hartlepool are our traditional rivals so if people still feel that rivalry then they're entitled to their opinion aren't they?
Where has anyone said no one is entitled to their opinion? I happen to disagree with the view this is an important game, and I'll tell people why I disagree, as I'm entitled to do as well. By the same token, everyone who doesn't think this is a significant game (of which there are quite a few) are entitled to their view. And the whole point of this messageboard is we all discuss our contrasting opinions.

But nowhere in this thread has anyone said "You can't have that opinion".
But you are now missing out the second part of what I asked , which was - Ask him if it means anything ?

Then another lovely dig by yourself, about brain cells.

You don't care about this game, many fans and some players clearly do.

Have a good day sir.
Think before posting

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:07 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Perhaps I should have said "entitled to be very silly" rather than have an opinion. Contrary to your belief you're not always right.
He's right about the fact that he doesn't care about this game and thinks it has no significance.

Others are right about the fact they do care about the game.

The fact is the game has little significance to either club as the Durham Cup or whatever its called (shows how much I value the competition) is not high on the list of priorities for either club. However, there is an underlying significance for some in that it's a meeting between two rival clubs. Whether it has the same importance to the players or management of the clubs as it does some fans remains to be seen, but I guess we'll get some indication tonight when the teams are confirmed.

The financial boost it could give us looks to be more significant than your run of the mill Durham Cup game.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Regardless of the lack of significance of the DCC a match against old rivals is a chance to get a good crowd and bring some much needed cash into the club. Why not treat the match as a fundraiser and make buying a ticket as your donation. You don’t have to actually go to the match if you don’t want to.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:Andy’s right, Gramps is wrong.......love it!

Ive got my ticket btw
Not "wrong", just different opinions.

However I am right.
How can you be right until we know the teams? If Wright and Monkey pick teams made up of mainly first teamers, suddenly there's bragging rights surely, irrespective of the competition the get is played in.

Like I said, I don't care about winning the competition but I'd like to win this game and I think both Manager's may see it as an opportunity to get some fans on side.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Agree. It is a Tuesday night when the Lads would normally train. So question is what is better for the team, run a few laps round Eastbourne, practice a few free kicks and shooting practice...………..or play a competitive game in front of a decent crowd? I think any normal player would rather play. Winter has been kind with no postponements so they are only playing once at week at present. However, there are many factors to take into account before TW needs to make his Team selection.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:30 pm

bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:Andy’s right, Gramps is wrong.......love it!

Ive got my ticket btw
Not "wrong", just different opinions.

However I am right.
How can you be right until we know the teams? If Wright and Monkey pick teams made up of mainly first teamers, suddenly there's bragging rights surely, irrespective of the competition the get is played in.

Like I said, I don't care about winning the competition but I'd like to win this game and I think both Manager's may see it as an opportunity to get some fans on side.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Agree. It is a Tuesday night when the Lads would normally train. So question is what is better for the team, run a few laps round Eastbourne, practice a few free kicks and shooting practice...………..or play a competitive game in front of a decent crowd? I think any normal player would rather play. Winter has been kind with no postponements so they are only playing once at week at present. However, there are many factors to take into account before TW needs to make his Team selection.
Apologies to 50 Years I didn't see your Post above pretty much saying the same!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:56 pm

BUSHEAD wrote: But you are now missing out the second part of what I asked , which was - Ask him if it means anything ?

So what? It wasn't in a first-team game between us and Poolies so it's not relevant to the point I'm making - which is this match isn't that significant a derby because it's NOT a first team game.

As for the brain cells comments, anyone with half a brain cell could see that wasn't a dig. That's twice in this thread you've tried to play the victim. It's a weak, childish tactic used by people who struggle to articulate a rebuttal of an opposing point.
don'tbuythesun wrote:Perhaps I should have said "entitled to be very silly" rather than have an opinion. Contrary to your belief you're not always right.
In fairness, I am always right. ;)
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
AndyPark wrote: But it is, there's a uptake in tickets and excitement to face our rivals once again.

Just because some people don't care for it as it's the 'county cup', this game has added interest and it'll be a good crowd in for it.
We're not facing our rivals. We're facing their youth team with our youth team (and a few first teamers). There's no rivalry to it.
Darlo_H wrote:What it'll be is two youth teams playing in a competition hardly anyone has heard of yet alone cares about being hijacked by a dozen or so Stone Island wearing, knuckle-dragging dickheads playing hooligan after a couple of pints of Carling.

To say this is a rivalry when it's not even the first teams playing in a reputable competiton is wishful thinking at best.

Both correct. It wont stop the brainless dullards turning up to cause bother. There are also people on here almost too young to remember the last derby game yet they are pretending this is the FA Cup final!

it is a complete non event which offers no opportunity to rib the hangers. It is a nothing game in a nothing competition. It means nothing. Winning or loosing means nothing. It isnt like a real derby game in a real competition like, oh I don't know, the play offs!

The fact it is a mid week game so I cant go doesn't enter my considerations!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:19 pm

dfc4me wrote:Regardless of the lack of significance of the DCC a match against old rivals is a chance to get a good crowd and bring some much needed cash into the club. Why not treat the match as a fundraiser and make buying a ticket as your donation. You don’t have to actually go to the match if you don’t want to.
This ^, This ^, This ^

I’m in exile, I’m not a regular anymore and havn’t been for awhile now.
Surely the club and we the fans should be talking up this game, not talking it down!

Some seem only to be happy if this game attracts 200 rather than 2,000, I almost feel guilty for coming up for it. Beggars belief tbh!
Last edited by comeondarlo on Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:29 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
dfc4me wrote:Regardless of the lack of significance of the DCC a match against old rivals is a chance to get a good crowd and bring some much needed cash into the club. Why not treat the match as a fundraiser and make buying a ticket as your donation. You don’t have to actually go to the match if you don’t want to.
This ^, This ^, This ^

I’m in exile, I’m not a regular anymore and have been for awhile now.
Surely the club and we the fans should be talking up this game, not talking it down!

Some seem only to be happy if this game attracts 200 rather than 2,000, I also feel guilty for coming up for it. Beggars belief tbh!
Can't win with some people, I know a lot of people who can't wait to see us play Hartlepool again.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:32 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Some seem only to be happy if this game attracts 200 rather than 2,000, I also feel guilty for coming up for it. Beggars belief tbh!
Come on ComeOnDarlo, you're better than that. No one is saying this at all.

If we get 2,000, great. But even if we get 2,000, it still doesn't mean this is a significant match.

That's what I'm arguing against - the building it up as if it's some great rivalry. It's a youth team game in a cup competition none of us care about. Nothing more, nothing less.

When Spenny beat us in the same competition a few years ago, none of us batted an eyelid. Not even Spenny's supporters did, despite their obsession with us. If it was significant, they'd have declared a public holiday in Spennymoor.

It's exactly the same this time around for us against Pools.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote: But you are now missing out the second part of what I asked , which was - Ask him if it means anything ?

So what? It wasn't in a first-team game between us and Poolies so it's not relevant to the point I'm making - which is this match isn't that significant a derby because it's NOT a first team game.

As for the brain cells comments, anyone with half a brain cell could see that wasn't a dig. That's twice in this thread you've tried to play the victim. It's a weak, childish tactic used by people who struggle to articulate a rebuttal of an opposing point.
Gramps have you been smoking some illegal substances ?

Me - Ask Saunders if it means anything ?
You - It wasn't in a first-team game between us and Poolies.

For a normally clever bloke, you are making yourself look ridiculous.

And childish attacks is your strong point, something you do with great regularity when peoples opinion differs from your own. If anyone plays the victim on this board, it is you.

At risk of repeating myself , you don't care about this game, many fans and some players clearly do.
Think before posting

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
Come on ComeOnDarlo, you're better than that. No one is saying this at all.

If we get 2,000, great. But even if we get 2,000, it still doesn't mean this is a significant match.

That's what I'm arguing against - the building it up as if it's some great rivalry. It's a youth team game in a cup competition none of us care about. Nothing more, nothing less.

When Spenny beat us in the same competition a few years ago, none of us batted an eyelid. Not even Spenny's supporters did, despite their obsession with us. If it was significant, they'd have declared a public holiday in Spennymoor.

It's exactly the same this time around for us against Pools.
Say there is a small crowd, you’d be the first on here giving it ‘told you so’ (fast show character esq). I’m certain that you’re no better than that.

I wonder if Raj will turn out, of course he will........

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm

BUSHEAD wrote: Gramps have you been smoking some illegal substances ?

And there's the hypocrisy.

You - Stop resorting to childish attacks.
Also you - You're disagreeing with me so you must be on drugs.

Don't accuse me of personal attacks and then resort to them yourself. That's just not very bright. I've not made any personal digs at you in this thread, but I've criticised your opinion (maybe in strong terms, but we're all grown ups who can cope with that). You meanwhile have resorted to digs at me because you've not got anything else left.

As for Saunders, it's not relevant for the umpteenth time. We're playing Poolies in a youth team game. Saunders scoring against them, not for us, in a first team match (which you haven't named by the way) is therefore not relevant to whether a youth team match is significant.
And childish attacks is your strong point, something you do with great regularity when peoples opinion differs from your own. If anyone plays the victim on this board, it is you.
That's three times you've tried to play the victim now. Do you have a bit of a victim complex? Stand up and defend your opinion instead of crying off about me to deflect from me shredding your argument.
comeondarlo wrote: Say there is a small crowd, you’d be the first on here giving it ‘told you so’ (fast show character esq). I’m certain that you’re no better than that.
No I wouldn't, you're just being ridiculous.

My point has never been about attendances. Only that this match is not a significant derby. We could get a sell-out and I still wouldn't think it was an important game. It's in the County Cup which no one has ever cared about. The fact we're playing Hartlepool's youth team doesn't change that one bit.

Anyone who thinks it's significant also has to therefore count Spennymoor beating us in the same competition years ago as being significant as well. We don't count it though, do we? Why? Because it's a meaningless competition.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:57 pm

Once again, another thread overtaken by a load of drivel.

Just let it go, and let the people who are actually attending discussing it on here. Don't deter people from the thread because they see you multi-quoting stuff and aimlessly attempting to prove to people you're always 'right'.

Have a good day sir.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm

AndyPark wrote:Once again, another thread overtaken by a load of drivel.

Just let it go, and let the people who are actually attending discussing it on here. Don't deter people from the thread because they see you multi-quoting stuff and aimlessly attempting to prove to people you're always 'right'.

Have a good day sir.
This just reads as "Stop saying things I disagree with".

I'm stating my opinion and people keep coming back on it, hence why I'm entitled to respond. It's all on-topic (barring Bushead's needless personal comments) so there's no problem.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

Have a good day sir.

I'm stating my opinion and people keep coming back on it, hence why I'm entitled to respond. It's all on-topic (barring Bushead's needless personal comments) so there's no problem.
Andy’s got a good point there.

Every week there’s a thread, Darlo v Kiddy or Alfreton v Darlo for example

I must remember to go on them in future to say things like, can’t be arsed to go to this one or can’t stand TW any more so I ain’t going or mid table mediocrity, not good enough or all the other reasons why fans don’t go but don’t feel the necessity to say so on a thread......and no Gramps that’s not a dig at you (sometimes it’s not about you).

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
This ^, This ^, This ^

I’m in exile, I’m not a regular anymore and havn’t been for awhile now.

Some seem only to be happy if this game attracts 200 rather than 2,000, I almost feel guilty for coming up for it. Beggars belief tbh!
I'd really like to see this idea developed of buying a ticket if you wish when you can't attend a match. But rather than buying a ticket, make it into a donation which then should avoid the VAT aspect and the club benefits from all the donation. This would work for on-line sales and would effectively be open to anyone in the country / world who wanted to contribute whilst being unable to attend.

I've no idea of the uptake it would create but it should be a reasonably cost-neutral addition to any match tickets web page / season ticket renewal web page, or any selling web page.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:47 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Have a good day sir.

Andy’s got a good point there.

Every week there’s a thread, Darlo v Kiddy or Alfreton v Darlo for example

I must remember to go on them in future to say things like, can’t be arsed to go to this one or can’t stand TW any more so I ain’t going or mid table mediocrity, not good enough or all the other reasons why fans don’t go but don’t feel the necessity to say so on a thread......and no Gramps that’s not a dig at you (sometimes it’s not about you).
Sometimes you really wish for a "like" button for a message - this is one of them!

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:51 pm

[quote="AndyPark"]Once again, another thread overtaken by a load of drivel.

Have to admit it is becoming more and more predictable, repetitive & Monotonous. Has to be in a lonely and sad place. Perhaps we need to be more understanding :lol:

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote: Gramps have you been smoking some illegal substances ?

And there's the hypocrisy.

You - Stop resorting to childish attacks.
Also you - You're disagreeing with me so you must be on drugs.

Don't accuse me of personal attacks and then resort to them yourself. That's just not very bright. I've not made any personal digs at you in this thread, but I've criticised your opinion (maybe in strong terms, but we're all grown ups who can cope with that). You meanwhile have resorted to digs at me because you've not got anything else left.

As for Saunders, it's not relevant for the umpteenth time. We're playing Poolies in a youth team game. Saunders scoring against them, not for us, in a first team match (which you haven't named by the way) is therefore not relevant to whether a youth team match is significant.
That's three times you've tried to play the victim now. Do you have a bit of a victim complex? Stand up and defend your opinion instead of crying off about me to deflect from me shredding your argument.
comeondarlo wrote: Say there is a small crowd, you’d be the first on here giving it ‘told you so’ (fast show character esq). I’m certain that you’re no better than that.
No I wouldn't, you're just being ridiculous.

My point has never been about attendances. Only that this match is not a significant derby. We could get a sell-out and I still wouldn't think it was an important game. It's in the County Cup which no one has ever cared about. The fact we're playing Hartlepool's youth team doesn't change that one bit.

Anyone who thinks it's significant also has to therefore count Spennymoor beating us in the same competition years ago as being significant as well. We don't count it though, do we? Why? Because it's a meaningless competition.
I shall now refer to you as victim.

Victim, 2 yes or no questions for you.

Do you think some of our players are looking forward to playing Hartlepool?
Do you think some of our fans are looking forward to playing Hartlepool?

Yes or no answers only please .
Think before posting

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:40 pm

When did Saunders score against Hartlepool by the way? I'm intrigued now.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Is it just me or does every thread get taken over by what I can only describe as the most boring argumentive person I've thankfully never met or want to meet.... Won't mention names but it is OK to have different opinions and be wrong.. Isn't that why football is such a great game based on different opinions and ideas...

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Seen a few of these county cup games over the years and think it should be a pre season tournament with the final been the seasons curtain raiser at a football league standard ground, would sure add more intrest. Anyhow these games generally attract poor crowds, 100 or less so if more come whats to complain about
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:39 pm

I think we should buy Gramps a ticket for the match, he can then stand on the balcony and shout out his reasons why the game doesn’t matter and we shouldn’t support the club by turning up, it might help reduce the need to argue opinions to death.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:When did Saunders score against Hartlepool by the way? I'm intrigued now.
16/9/2015

The attendance that night ... 322

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... 465492/amp
Think before posting

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:53 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:Is it just me or does every thread get taken over by what I can only describe as the most boring argumentive person I've thankfully never met or want to meet.... Won't mention names but it is OK to have different opinions and be wrong.. Isn't that why football is such a great game based on different opinions and ideas...

Nope, every thread doesn't get taken over by me, nor am I boring or argumentative. You should see my trapeze act.

P.S. Just mention me by name next time. We all know who you're talking about.
BUSHEAD wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:When did Saunders score against Hartlepool by the way? I'm intrigued now.
16/9/2015

So a game for Darlington RA against Hartlepool's youth team in the County Cup.

And you reckon that means as much as scoring in the first team of a derby :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
karlo-cardiff wrote:Is it just me or does every thread get taken over by what I can only describe as the most boring argumentive person I've thankfully never met or want to meet.... Won't mention names but it is OK to have different opinions and be wrong.. Isn't that why football is such a great game based on different opinions and ideas...

Nope, every thread doesn't get taken over by me, nor am I boring or argumentative. You should see my trapeze act.
BUSHEAD wrote:
16/9/2015

So a game for Darlington RA against Hartlepool's youth team in the County Cup.

And you reckon that means as much as scoring in the first team of a derby :lol: :lol: :lol:
No victim, I don’t .
Think before posting

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Then I've got no idea what your point is - that scoring against Hartlepool's youth team in a County Cup game means a lot to Saunders?

I highly doubt it ranks as a career highlight for him.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Surely this entire thread can be summed up as - some people are interested in this game, some people are not. Let's just hope there's enough people interested in it to ensure that the club don't lose money from hosting it

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:00 pm

My eldest lad lives in Leeds and works in Bradford and he's taking a days holiday to come up and see this game!!