Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Last edited by poppyfield on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan

Re: Hartlepool match at the Arena?

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:18 pm

This could could everyone the opportunity to go back and make their mind up as to a move back there could be a go or no go.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:20 pm

From a safety point of view it makes sense
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:28 pm

Would like to take my 5 year old to his first match - this could be the perfect time to do it.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 pm

Would Hartlepool bring that many? Just had one of their lowest gates of the season, fans are not happy at the moment, seems to be a lot of that going around.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:54 pm

poppyfield wrote:From a safety point of view it makes sense
But what about a financial point of view?.Hiring that place won’t be cheap and could end up costing us a lump of money (which we can ill afford) if the fictional hordes from Poolie don’t turn up .
As has been said ,they are not pulling trees up at the moment and it is a Micky mouse cup game.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:20 pm

The Local Safety Advisory Group are the Council, is that right? We cannot afford to lose any more money so surely we have to look to moving it to the Vic instead?

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 pm

Switch it to Hartlepool and save the money.

The hardcore of fans who are desperate to watch this reserve fixture can fill their boots at The Vic.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Does anyone know what the police cost for a match? I know we have a few at BM for some games.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Not sure the idea is viable. Better off making it all ticket at BM, but it could be a useful experiment to test the resolve of people about moving to the Arena. So far it is all rhetoric and no real data to go on. Personally would find it very hard to follow the team in that place.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 pm

jjljks wrote:Not sure the idea is viable. Better off making it all ticket at BM, but it could be a useful experiment to test the resolve of people about moving to the Arena. So far it is all rhetoric and no real data to go on.
What data would this give you, and what would you compare it to?

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:09 pm

News just released on official site

To be played at BM on Tue 22nd Jan. All ticket

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Probably the correct decision - for better or for worse BM is our designated home ground. If there is a large away following, it will be interesting to see how the BM copes with the potential trouble makers, and in particular the entrance to the ground.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Good. The Arena isn't home.

I hope it goes off peacefully, and we're heavily limiting the away contingent. Realistically, going forward, BM needs a stand at the empty end and a separate path to the road, for segregation purposes. Ideally building in the next few years.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:49 pm

Ordered my ticket.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:49 pm

Wonder how Richard Money will approach this game. He's already had some flak from the terraces as they were beaten by relegation strugglers in an awful display at the weekend. And now he's been saying that it is an "angry and negative club".

They usually just use the kids and some fringe players in this minor cup competition but if they sell a fair few tickets he may well feel the need to field a stronger side.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Both clubs will play youth and fringe first team I expect. It’s a reserve fixture ultimately.

I really can’t believe anyone is excited for this game. It going to be 99% about off the field over what happens on it.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:58 pm

lo36789 wrote:Both clubs will play youth and fringe first team I expect. It’s a reserve fixture ultimately.

I really can’t believe anyone is excited for this game. It going to be 99% about off the field over what happens on it.

I think if lots of tickets are sold, there may be stronger sides taking to the field than you think. TW for one won't field a side of kids, I'm sure of that.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:04 pm

you would hope every fit darlo player is demanding to play it is important don't care who or what the chimp stranglers field

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:12 pm

H1987 wrote:Good. The Arena isn't home.

I hope it goes off peacefully, and we're heavily limiting the away contingent. Realistically, going forward, BM needs a stand at the empty end and a separate path to the road, for segregation purposes. Ideally building in the next few years.

From the official website;

The match has created a tremendous amount of interest as it is eleven years since we last played our historic rivals. The club, working with the police, would like to state that any fan involved in any kind of inappropriate behaviour will face a life time ban from Darlington FC home games. The club will not tolerate any disruption of any kind. We are sure that all fans agree that the game is to be welcomed and enjoyed, and not an opportunity to cause trouble.

banktopp

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by banktopp » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:16 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:you would hope every fit darlo player is demanding to play it is important don't care who or what the chimp stranglers field
This reserve match may mean something to some fans, but to our Midlands based players I doubt it.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:28 pm

banktopp wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:you would hope every fit darlo player is demanding to play it is important don't care who or what the chimp stranglers field
This reserve match may mean something to some fans, but to our Midlands based players I doubt it.
It doesn't matter where you're based, any footballer would want to play in a derby. Whether or not its an area you've grown up in, the atmosphere alone is a big enough motive.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
banktopp wrote:
It doesn't matter where you're based, any footballer would want to play in a derby. Whether or not its an area you've grown up in, the atmosphere alone is a big enough motive.
Like York away for example. Crowd of 3200, 900 from Darlington, problem was our team didn't turn up. So much for motivation.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Did Wright ever play in a derby versus Hartlepool? He may have joined just after out last one but not sure from memory. Regardless, White will know what its all about being from Darlington.

It shouldn't be difficult for these two to convey the importance of this rivalry to the players, regardless of where they're from. If you have a management team with a strong attachment to the town and they can't convey the importance of the local rivalry to the players, then they've got no hope at all.

I don't particularly care about the cup, and the rivalry obviously isn't what it was a decade ago, but I'd expect both management teams to see this match as a big way to get the fans on side regardless of how interested we are in the competition itself.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
banktopp wrote:
What atmosphere? It's their youth team against ours, with a handful of first-teamers. Hardly the play-offs from 2000. This isn't a "proper" derby match in anyway shape or form. I remember losing to them in 2007 - I was miserable as sin for the next few days (some will say I still am). It hurt every time Pools scored. I remember the play-off win and going absolutely doo-lally-tap.

This is some tinpot trophy against their youth team. There's barely any atmosphere to it at all.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:
banktopp wrote:
What atmosphere? It's their youth team against ours, with a handful of first-teamers. Hardly the play-offs from 2000. This isn't a proper derby match in anyway shape or form.
But it is, there's a uptake in tickets and excitement to face our rivals once again.

Just because some people don't care for it as it's the 'county cup', this game has added interest and it'll be a good crowd in for it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:02 pm

AndyPark wrote: But it is, there's a uptake in tickets and excitement to face our rivals once again.

Just because some people don't care for it as it's the 'county cup', this game has added interest and it'll be a good crowd in for it.
We're not facing our rivals. We're facing their youth team with our youth team (and a few first teamers). There's no rivalry to it.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:10 pm

What it'll be is two youth teams playing in a competition hardly anyone has heard of yet alone cares about being hijacked by a dozen or so Stone Island wearing, knuckle-dragging dickheads playing hooligan after a couple of pints of Carling.

To say this is a rivalry when it's not even the first teams playing in a reputable competiton is wishful thinking at best.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
AndyPark wrote: But it is, there's a uptake in tickets and excitement to face our rivals once again.

We're not facing our rivals. We're facing their youth team with our youth team (and a few first teamers). There's no rivalry to it.
You keep thinking that then. There's increased interest in the county game because we're facing our rivals. Simple.

darlosince65

Post by darlosince65 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:37 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Both clubs will play youth and fringe first team I expect. It’s a reserve fixture ultimately.

I think if lots of tickets are sold, there may be stronger sides taking to the field than you think. TW for one won't field a side of kids, I'm sure of that.
Last home game in Durham Challenge Cup against Stockton DFC played 8 first team players from the get go. - Got my ticket by the way