York V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo reborn
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York V Darlington

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:37 pm

1 down Burrows pen

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:45 pm

2 down now

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:55 pm

We’ve badly missed Nicholson - can’t understand why he was dropped or a winning team changed. All we’ve got is a long ball over the top, not dissimilar to York.

We were the better team until their first goal, from our mistake, and they’d looked totally bereft of confidence until then.

They are just passing sideways and are there for the taking but we’ve been undone by our own mistakes, again, and have no passing options in midfield in Nicholson’s absence.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Beano wrote:We’ve badly missed Nicholson - can’t understand why he was dropped or a winning team changed. All we’ve got is a long ball over the top, not dissimilar to York.

We were the better team until their first goal, from our mistake, and they’d looked totally bereft of confidence until then.

They are just passing sideways and are there for the taking but we’ve been undone by our own mistakes, again, and have no passing options in midfield in Nicholson’s absence.
TW's tactical nous no doubt... :shifty:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:06 pm

I feared the worse when I saw our midfield of Elliott,Palmer and Wheatley, no supply to our strikers and not had a single shot on goal.We have Thommo and Nicholson on the bench, don't know what Wright is thinking about at times but has to finally sub Elliott but we know he won't.Kokolo is a better attacker than defender but TW will bring O'Hanlon on and take him off.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Surprise,surprise O'Hanlon on for Kokolo, why not put him wide left as he looked good in his first game .Wright is totally predictable with his ex Nuneaton signings IMO.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:26 pm

3-0

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Think we will be in need of some more loanees just to cover the growing injury list. Perhaps we can bring back Vaulks and/ or Heaton as defence needs shoring up?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Burn sits on the bench for the last 2 games, Hughes has been playing with a known injury has to go off, no Burn on the bench.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:44 pm

4-0 getting revenge now

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:48 pm

We need 2 full backs who can defend and a new goalkeeper.Pathetic losing 4-0 to a very poor York.Lets finish 4th bottom and get rid of Wright, pig sick of his team selections and formations.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:07 pm

That was truly awful and an average side low on confidence really did ram it down our throats. This relegation battle masterminded by TW has some way to run yet.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:10 pm

No point in getting full backs in because he won’t play them while his three at the back is proving so successful.NOT.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:11 pm

I barely even have it within myself to feel irritated. What a bloody hopeless manager.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:14 pm

Proves that the 5-1 on Boxing Day was a massive flash in the pan. I’m at the point where I actually no longer feel bothered, I’m used to it now. No positives to take from that. Tactically clueless.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:16 pm

As bad as staunton.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Can anyone please explain why was Ainge was on the bench? Our back up striker? Our back up centre of defence? So we loose both to injury, so where is Ainge, still sat on the bench.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:29 pm

tdk1 wrote:I barely even have it within myself to feel irritated. What a bloody hopeless manager.
Can’t wait to hear Tommy Boys version of how “it could have gone either way “ or “we didn’t take our chances “.
Let’s see how mastermind sets us up against another bang average side on Saturday.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:34 pm

LoidLucan wrote:That was truly awful and an average side low on confidence really did ram it down our throats. This relegation battle masterminded by TW has some way to run yet.
Him and Whitey are that stubborn they will persist with the 3 at the back/ 2 wingbacks formation, it leaves us wide open with lightweight midfielders and we will continue to leak goals.Felt sorry for the 900 that went today, Wright does not deserve that level of support and we would not have beaten Ashton if it was not for that wonder goal.Another worry for me is our keeper, seems to get beaten very easily and not good enough on crosses.No way will we keep a clean sheet in the remaining games.Fed up....rant over.Up the Quakers

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:38 pm

Emdubya wrote:
tdk1 wrote:I barely even have it within myself to feel irritated. What a bloody hopeless manager.
Can’t wait to hear Tommy Boys version of how “it could have gone either way “ or “we didn’t take our chances “.
Let’s see how mastermind sets us up against another bang average side on Saturday.
It will be the yellow card that should have been red.Would not have made any difference to the result.Why was Ainge not brought on and why keep taking Kokolo off yet Elliott never gets subbed.Does he have his favourites??

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:47 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:That was truly awful and an average side low on confidence really did ram it down our throats. This relegation battle masterminded by TW has some way to run yet.
Him and Whitey are that stubborn they will persist with the 3 at the back/ 2 wingbacks formation, it leaves us wide open with lightweight midfielders and we will continue to leak goals.Felt sorry for the 900 that went today, Wright does not deserve that level of support and we would not have beaten Ashton if it was not for that wonder goal.Another worry for me is our keeper, seems to get beaten very easily and not good enough on crosses.No way will we keep a clean sheet in the remaining games.Fed up....rant over.Up the Quakers

The 3 at the back doesn’t particularly bother me. We’re just as bad with 4 at the back. 3 af the back allows you an extra central midfielder so in theory we should be stronger there.

More concerning to me rather than tactics is that most of the players seem to just coast through most games with minimal effort and won’t put their bodies on the line to get a block or a tackle in

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:48 pm

We always come back to TW Groundhog Day and i guess we always will no matter whether we produce a good result or two.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:54 pm

LoidLucan wrote:We always come back to TW Groundhog Day and i guess we always will no matter whether we produce a good result or two.
If there was the will/ability to change things it would surely have happened by now. Our only hope is that in spite of tactics, selection and substitutions we can scrape enough points to get thru the season, reset and start again. There ar some awful teams in this league, of which we are one- on a good day we might be able to win the odd game.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Wonder if there is anything in the rumours of players about to leave.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Like who?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Would you honestly care if any player left? Only Nicholson really looks a cut above, loans excluded.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:10 pm

York were awful. Says it all that we lost 4-0 to them

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:21 pm

How are players going to leave just walk out on their contract because can`t see anybody willing to buy them the way we are playing

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:46 pm

You could really feel the sense of amazement and shock among the York fans at how facile a victory that was from their position of turmoil. I don't think they could quite believe it.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:00 pm

To say there was no effort is an affront to the lads, they played very well until York were awarded a penalty. The ref should have given darlo a penalty in the first ten minutes but waved it away, for me the game was all about him not what was happening on the field of play, decisions were made time and again that left most of us scratching our heads as to why they were given or not given in most cases. Still we were a shadow of our game on boxing day. And there is an awful lot to put right. Can the management get it sorted I just don't know anymore.