Chorley V Darlington match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Chorley V Darlington match thread

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:38 pm

With the arrival of the new players hopefully this can be the turning point in the season.

poppyfield

Re: Chorley V Darlington match thread

Post by poppyfield » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:26 pm

TW has got to start the loan signings today to try and get some momentum going, so I would start with,(assuming no players returning from injury)

Maddison.
Trotman Burn Galbraith O'Hanlon.
Thompson Wheatley Wollerton Kokolo.
Nicholson Nelson.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:51 pm

How about putting Tommy in goal.......it’s the only formation TW hasn’t tried yet

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Darlington: Maddison, Trotman, Kokolo, Wheatley, Burn, Galbraith, Wollerton, Nicholson, Saunders, Nelson, Thompson

Subs: O'Hanlon, Hall, Glover, Lingthep, Morrison

Kokolo LB I presume

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Tom Elliott out with injury
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 pm

1-0 up Nelson!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Get in!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:15 pm

1-1 now

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Balls1

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:27 pm

here`s the collapse 3-1 now

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Jesus

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:44 pm

3-2 come on

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Two goals for a striker - if only we had a tighter defence

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:59 pm

I mean, I’m not sure I expected anything here, and that’s promising from Nelson at least.

The home form is the big issue.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:09 pm

A much better performance from the darlo team today, something to build on good game today ,as we created more than enough chances to at least get a point.
Get behind the team on boxing day let us try to better 2200 fans and lift these young lads,helps them perform better with the fans behind them.onwards and upwards with darlo

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:12 pm

A better than expected result

Maybe we've found a goalscorer - shames he's only here for a month

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:17 pm

The season so far in one game, that's what we got today. A good first half in which we had some good attacking play followed by a second half capitulation in which they largely played us off the park even though playing against a hurricane and monsoon. In the second half we weren't solid enough, gave the ball away all the time, made our customary clangers and stood off them in and around the box with predictable results. That game encapsulated exactly what you get with TW. The major bright spot was Nelson, great finishes and must be wondering what he's been landed with here.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:48 pm

onewayup wrote:A much better performance from the darlo team today, something to build on good game today ,as we created more than enough chances to at least get a point.
Get behind the team on boxing day let us try to better 2200 fans and lift these young lads,helps them perform better with the fans behind them.onwards and upwards with darlo
Concur with above comments, thought we played well today keep that up we won’t be relegated. Let’s all get behind the players, management and Tommy & Alan for the all important Xmas period which I suspect will decide on what happens in the future.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:01 pm

If you really thought that was a good pleasing performance over 90 minutes then i must have got lost and attended a different game.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Don't really know what to say tbh. Fully respect it's been a tough week for most at the club this week. But the same problem persist.

Nelson sounds like a good find. Hopefully when the window re opens in January we can have him confirmed for the rest of the season.

Problem is as it has been all season. If you need to score 3 or more goals to win a game of football you won't win very many. Most frustrating thing about it is that:

1) some of our more experienced players are at the back. Burn, Galbraith. Neither have been good enough this season. Hughes could be a decent. But we need them to come big if we're going to get results in the league that can let us stay up.

2) I'm still not particularly convinced that Wright can coach us to be well drilled and keep our shape to defend under pressure and win ugly. That's half the battle. Part of our problem is getting out of shape in transition when we lose the ball and then suddenly teams are running straight at our defence without challenge.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:31 pm

LoidLucan wrote:If you really thought that was a good pleasing performance over 90 minutes then i must have got lost and attended a different game.
Got to agree. Defensively poor. Gave away three soft goals.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:01 pm

When I left home I thought it would be a similar 4-1 defeat and another lacklustre performance. In torrential rain and a hefty wind I thought we played well first half, new players in and if the effort similar to the goal had gone in we'd have been two up. Disappointing second half and felt the midfield was overrun hence the floundering defence and two goals in two minutes. If we'd taken that easy chance near the end it was 3-3. I didn't feel too down at the end and Chorley are top after all. The real ale crew need a pat on the back for their travel efforts. The paedo and nonce chants at the keeper are boring and purile but on a positive our support was constant and noisy and appreciated by the players. Andy Park must have hypothermia. Keep the faith!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:28 pm

JE93 wrote:Don't really know what to say tbh. Fully respect it's been a tough week for most at the club this week. But the same problem persist.

Nelson sounds like a good find. Hopefully when the window re opens in January we can have him confirmed for the rest of the season.

Problem is as it has been all season. If you need to score 3 or more goals to win a game of football you won't win very many. Most frustrating thing about it is that:

1) some of our more experienced players are at the back. Burn, Galbraith. Neither have been good enough this season. Hughes could be a decent. But we need them to come big if we're going to get results in the league that can let us stay up.

2) I'm still not particularly convinced that Wright can coach us to be well drilled and keep our shape to defend under pressure and win ugly. That's half the battle. Part of our problem is getting out of shape in transition when we lose the ball and then suddenly teams are running straight at our defence without challenge.
I think we will only have Nelson for 28 days as once the transfer window opens there are League one and League two as well as Scottish Premiership sides interested in him - he seems very highly rated at Sunderland but has had some awful injuries. Hopefully he can score us a few more goals while Ainge gets fit over the next month.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Spoke to a Sunderland fan tonight. They expect big things of him and when fully fit said he has the potential to rip up League 1.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Just for the record so that we can fairly keep an eye on the long-term stats. TW now has a league and cup combined winning ratio of 18.1% so far this season, 4 wins in 22 games.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:09 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Just for the record so that we can fairly keep an eye on the long-term stats. TW now has a league and cup combined winning ratio of 18.1% so far this season, 4 wins in 22 games.
Same old defensive problems, far too attacking lineup, not strong enough physically in midfield.How many more times will we persist with wingbacks, it is not working but Tommy and Whitey seem incapable of setting us up to be more resilient defensively.It has to stop.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Didn’t think we played that badly to be fair, much better than we have been in the last few weeks. Goals conceded were very soft and Maddo apologised for it at the end.

My throat is killing, I’m finally back home and warm :lol: Well done to all who made a decent atmosphere again yesterday.

Up the darlo.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Folks at the game; how did Wollerton & Kokolo get on?

I'd be begging Nelson to stay at this point, if he's as sharp as people have suggested. We can only try, and they can only say no.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 am

Just watched the highlights and Maddison should be very disappointed with his afternoon.What the hell was he thinking about with their first goal?All he had to do was tip the ball over the bar instead of trying to punch it when clearly off balance.Stop that goal and it could have been a totally different game.
But that’s life for a keeper ain’t it,drop a bollock further up the pitch and you can get away with it.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 am

Good first half but Koloko struggled in the conditions, certainly wasn't Monaco and I was disappointed TW brought on ohanlon which started our downfall. With Tommo and Trotman fairly solid on the right, chorley knew how to change it and there management team changed it(TW sat on his arse) with Galbraith and ohanlon on the left Chorley just tore us apart at the back. Resorted back to just hoofing it away anywhere, but mid field was better, thought Wheatley had one of his better games for a very long time. Of course it would have been a battering if not for nelsons cool finishes. Guess it will be once we are in bottom three before TW is moved on and for sure we all have to pay for that !