Darlington V Nuneaton

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ghost_Of_1883
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Nuneaton

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:52 pm

tdk1 wrote:Wright spunked his budget on a load of pea hearted lightweights.
And there we are. We have a winner.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:55 pm

Gow9900 wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:Johnston and even his missus copping some atrocious abuse at the end of the game.

We could be managerless and chief executive less in the next few days. Then we’re in s*** street again, and who in their right mind would want to take it on.
You have to wonder if this is the beginning of the end of our " fan owned model" for Darlington F.C
Is this the beginning of the end for Darlington FC in general. People were livid with us overspending, people are struggling to come to terms with us attempting to live within our means, so to end fan ownership we would have to have a very wealthy benefactor come in to bankroll the club so that the club can progress.

But, how many multi millionaires are going to want to take a club out of fan ownership that:

- Owns nothing
- plays at a ground that generates no income for the club on non match days
- is in an agreement that let’s just say is very favourable for the landlord and not us
- generates very little income
- can’t even get 1,500 regularly at games despite representing a town of over 100,000 ppl.

I’m not sure that person/people exist personally. And for the record, I totally agree with a lot of people that Tommy should go.
Gateshead always manage to find them. They're on their 3rd straight benefactor now. Their previous two left them debt free as well.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
In what sense?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Perhaps this is as far as a fans owned club can go into the town. If we want to move forward then we need to perhaps start thinking of looking elsewhere for investment, but goodness knows where we would get such a person from.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Jesus. It doesn't mean fan ownership doesn't work. It bloody worked for plenty of other clubs. The problem is entirely Tommy Wright, because he wasted a perfectly decent budget.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:59 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
In what sense?
In the sense that you are right.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Ah, okay

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Give Tommy some credit, what he has achieved with the budget he has is astonishing. A "play-off contending" budget has produced the smallest squad in the league.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:05 pm

tdk1 wrote:Jesus. It doesn't mean fan ownership doesn't work. It bloody worked for plenty of other clubs. The problem is entirely Tommy Wright, because he wasted a perfectly decent budget.
Even fan owned have their rich benefactors / supporters. Exeter have two millionaires.
We appear to have none.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Wrexham are doing okay. So are Halifax. Alright, they're in a more privileged position than us, but even if we do find some barmy billionaire to chuck a few quid at us, what happens when they leave us in the lurch yet again?

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:10 pm

Halifax have money men behind the scenes and no issues with developing their ground.

Wrexham have consistently managed to keep their gates around 4,000.

Apples and oranges I'm afraid.

But then again look at York and all the money they are ploughing into it through McGill - they are full time and barely better than us.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Plus York will have troubles when mcgill calls in his cash.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Oh f*** it, lets liquidate the club, reform as a phoenix club in Northern League, ask to play our home games at a decent ground like Heritage Park. Could even get M.G. to be manager to start the steamroller again.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:Johnston and even his missus copping some atrocious abuse at the end of the game.

We could be managerless and chief executive less in the next few days. Then we’re in s*** street again, and who in their right mind would want to take it on.
You have to wonder if this is the beginning of the end of our " fan owned model" for Darlington F.C
Is this the beginning of the end for Darlington FC in general. People were livid with us overspending, people are struggling to come to terms with us attempting to live within our means, so to end fan ownership we would have to have a very wealthy benefactor come in to bankroll the club so that the club can progress.

But, how many multi millionaires are going to want to take a club out of fan ownership that:

- Owns nothing
- plays at a ground that generates no income for the club on non match days
- is in an agreement that let’s just say is very favourable for the landlord and not us
- generates very little income
- can’t even get 1,500 regularly at games despite representing a town of over 100,000 ppl.

I’m not sure that person/people exist personally. And for the record, I totally agree with a lot of people that Tommy should go.
Gateshead always manage to find them. They're on their 3rd straight benefactor now. Their previous two left them debt free as well.
The new benafactor wont put in as much as the previous 2 but despite folk mocking the ground it has excellent facilities and no investment is required to get it up to scratch for next level up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:18 pm

When I hear people saying sack the board I can’t decide whether they’re stupid or under some sort of weird illusion that we’re an attractive proposition for an individual to take on the role considering the appalling and over the top abuse they get when things start going wrong.
Idiots saying sack the board are brain dead, we will be in a far bigger mess if DJ decides he has had enough than what is happening on the field Why don't these pea brains just think what damage they can inflict.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:18 pm

Awful, awful scenes at the end. Flak flying at the management, flak flying at the balcony, players being dragged away. And we've now shed the best part of 500 fans, not sure anyone can be blamed for staying away. There'll be fallout from today, I've no doubt. Don't think anything more needs to be said about TW as a manager as everything falls apart at the seams. We're desperate for a spark, some hope and a way forward with some strong leadership, but I suspect some dark days lie ahead.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Yous are compaining about getting 1000ish, some clubs at national north level and even national premier would love that every week. Maybe if a more local manager was recruited and more local players thar would reduce costs. Tommy wright must be on a good wage to travel from Leicester way. Does the club pay for his accommodation during week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:19 pm

well that’s not a good result...in no way does any on field matter justify abuse targeted at CEO and his wife mind what makes people think they can behave like that.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:20 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

When I hear people saying sack the board I can’t decide whether they’re stupid or under some sort of weird illusion that we’re an attractive proposition for an individual to take on the role considering the appalling and over the top abuse they get when things start going wrong.
Idiots saying sack the board are brain dead, we will be in a far bigger mess if DJ decides he has had enough than what is happening on the field Why don't these pea brains just think what damage they can inflict.

Agreed

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 pm

banktopp wrote:Oh f*** it, lets liquidate the club, reform as a phoenix club in Northern League, ask to play our home games at a decent ground like Heritage Park. Could even get M.G. to be manager to start the steamroller again.
Then after 3 years mortage 1/3rd of our income for the next five years to move to a ground that's appalling venue for staging football and where we can't even build stands.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Interview is in - "shout at me all day if you like, I don't mind", essentially saying we deserved to win, lads came out fighting, "I heard it the first time, the third, fourth fifth sixth weren't really necessary". Why is he still here? Clearly lost his relationship with the fans. Just go, Tommy.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
banktopp wrote:Oh f*** it, lets liquidate the club, reform as a phoenix club in Northern League, ask to play our home games at a decent ground like Heritage Park. Could even get M.G. to be manager to start the steamroller again.
Then after 3 years mortage 1/3rd of our income for the next five years to move to a ground that's appalling venue for staging football and where we can't even build stands.
Or get relegated...I do think people forget if we hadn’t moved to Blackwell EvoStik prem is our ceiling

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:31 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Good to know there are some fans out there with more than a brain cell to share between them. Anyone giving abuse to the directors and their family's needs banning. I don't care how frustrated you are, how big a 'fan' you are. Or how long you've been following the club. These are the people who put their time in to make sure we have a club to support. No doubt in the hands of the abusers we would be bankrupt by tomorrow morning.

As for the game. Doesn't matter. We aren't going to ever improve with Wright in charge. No authority. No ability to organise. We need a change quick or we'll be relegated and the I don't see any kind of organisation we would need to win another game this season.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Clearly Tommy not happy with the situation of the team either, saying that these lads gave all they had. In other words, we are only good enough with this squad to lose to the equivalent of North Ferriby at home. Sadly, today shows where we are.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:48 pm

lo36789 wrote:Or get relegated...I do think people forget if we hadn’t moved to Blackwell EvoStik prem is our ceiling
Looks like it is still our ceiling! But now we are stuck at BM as well.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:48 pm

A few thoughts from todays game and the situation. I left while their lad was injured so I didn't see what went on after the game.
We played the better football but to rely on a young kid playing up front is embarrassing and not fair on Harvey. TW said on Thursday there were two or three more coming in, instead we had a bench full of kids. We are toothless up front and Ainge does not look to be the answer, we are surrounded by large clubs - is there a problem getting players on loan from these clubs or do they not want to come.
Secondly, our midfield is far too lightweight. Jordan Nicholson has been one of the shining lights of this season but we need to be a lot tougher in the middle of the park.
Also we need to know how bad the finances are. I am not liking the way things are going, I dont want to get to the situation where we are in crisis again financially, we are a fan owned club and we should have some reports on monthly cashflow issues, monthly expenditure Vs monthly income, so the fans know what is going on.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
No the people of Darlington don't want a club. We were getting better attendances paying at Bishop, stay there.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:52 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:A few thoughts from todays game and the situation. I left while their lad was injured so I didn't see what went on after the game.
We played the better football but to rely on a young kid playing up front is embarrassing and not fair on Harvey. TW said on Thursday there were two or three more coming in, instead we had a bench full of kids. We are toothless up front and Ainge does not look to be the answer, we are surrounded by large clubs - is there a problem getting players on loan from these clubs or do they not want to come.
Secondly, our midfield is far too lightweight. Jordan Nicholson has been one of the shining lights of this season but we need to be a lot tougher in the middle of the park.
Also we need to know how bad the finances are. I am not liking the way things are going, I dont want to get to the situation where we are in crisis again financially, we are a fan owned club and we should have some reports on monthly cashflow issues, monthly expenditure Vs monthly income, so the fans know what is going on.
We've had the financial situation explained. There is a shortfall in the budget and DJ thought it best to sell out top scorer because it would clearly have no negative effect on performances, attendances and future income.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm

tdk1 wrote:Some of our fans are mental aren't they? Like seat-gate taught us nothing.

Dj wants us to break even. So do I. Wright spunked his budget on a load of pea hearted lightweights. That's not dj's fault.
Kind of is if he appointed a manager with a track record for recruiting pea hearted lightweights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Not many managers would normally be allowed to continue with a win ratio of 19% after 21 games and a dreadful home record of 2 wins in the last 16 and seemingly absolutely no idea how to put it right. TW seems to just say he'll carry on and ignore the criticism despite the obvious damage that's been done to the fan base. I can't honestly see how this is sustainable going forward where a manager has clearly completely lost the confidence and support of the fans. Those hurling abuse at the balcony were way out of order but TW has overall lost the fans now and I don't think there is any way back for him. Not sure I could stand many more BM days like today.