New Blood

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Blood

Post by al_quaker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 pm

al_quaker wrote:I'm expecting something to be announced tomorrow morning after everything getting finalised at training tonight. I've no real reason for this expectation other than it seems an obvious time for stuff to get sorted out!
Or Thursday evening :D

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/quakers ... sunderland

LB/LW

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Would assume from this that O'Hanlon will be on his way

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Sounds an interesting signing

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Not the most obvious weakness slot to fill, but I suppose it will give an element of cover if O'Hanlon does leave the club. Just for a minute I thought we were swapping them for Trotman :?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:36 pm

What a brilliant name, KoKoLo!

divas

Post by divas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Another 2 possibly 3 to come in for Saturday apparently. If we’re raiding Sunderland for any more I’d like to see Adam Bale come in. Quite similar player to Jamie Chandler which is what we’re missing at the moment.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:16 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Would assume from this that O'Hanlon will be on his way

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Looks that way, as this new lad is bound to be first choice, otherwise what is the point in bringing him here.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:18 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:What a brilliant name, KoKoLo!
Apparently his parents wanted to name him after their favourite Beach Boys song, but got a letter wrong on his birth certificate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAyW4sInbs

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 pm

Would assume that he is to go left wing instead of Henshall, untill O'Hanlon leaves of course :D

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Kokolo was a considerable improvement on Henshall but needs a target man in the middle as well a a big midfielder who can feed him the ball. So far only 1 out of the 3 loans needed

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:30 pm

I was completely miffed when I heard the team and subs on Saturday - where were these 2 /3 additional players we needed on loan? We needed fresh legs on Saturday coming from the bench instead we had kids - fair enough if it was kids from Sunderland/Newcastle or Boro.
Getting one in is again just a half baked strategy - although we don't have a bad side - we don't have a side that is capable of wining games at the min - TW is getting too pig headed with this side.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:50 pm

As he said in the paper on Saturday the competition for places is what they are playing for.The only places we have available are whether you play defence,midfield or up front not even the bench comes into it

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:29 pm

So where are these other 3 loan signings we were promised on Friday? Someone at the match Saturday said delayed until Monday but it is now Wednesday and still nothing.
Hope they haven’t taken one look at things and changed their minds because if we can’t get loan signings in we are truly done for.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:54 pm

dfc4me wrote:So where are these other 3 loan signings we were promised on Friday? Someone at the match Saturday said delayed until Monday but it is now Wednesday and still nothing.
Hope they haven’t taken one look at things and changed their minds because if we can’t get loan signings in we are truly done for.
Exactly - false promises - with zero feedback on why this has not happened. I know we are a part time club but the communication on the team, injury's, potential loan signings is severely lacking and needs improving. As a fan I feel dis-engaged with whats going on with the club at the moment.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Oh grow up. Chances are they haven’t signed - whether that is a now or forever situation who knows but don’t expect a blow by blow account of transfer dealings.

Chances are the Friday date was what was hoped for, frankly if there wasn’t certainty it shouldn’t have been said - but I suppose if they don’t say that people are crying into their cereal about lack of communication and knowing what is going on.

I am sure when there is newsworthy news it will be announced. Just as with the recent departures / signings a news story was released when there was news to release not speculation.

Assume that if there is no news there is no news. Now do you feel like you are up to speed?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:08 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
dfc4me wrote:So where are these other 3 loan signings we were promised on Friday? Someone at the match Saturday said delayed until Monday but it is now Wednesday and still nothing.
Exactly - false promises - with zero feedback on why this has not happened. I know we are a part time club but the communication on the team, injury's, potential loan signings is severely lacking and needs improving. As a fan I feel dis-engaged with whats going on with the club at the moment.
disengaged because you haven't found out about a signing before it's occurred? Name me a team in the lower leagues that is linked to a loan player in public before it actually happens?

If you want to criticise things then fair enough, but I can't understand this one

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:18 pm

lo36789 wrote:
I am sure when there is newsworthy news it will be announced.
Will it?

What is Henshall's injury and how long is he likely to be out for?

What is up with Ainge and how long is he likely to be out for?

What about Hughes? Again, what is his injury and how long?

The club has made no comment on the above three, I'd say that would be newsworthy.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Speaking of which, when is Steve Thomas back?
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Will it?

The club has made no comment on the above three, I'd say that would be newsworthy.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Think from what AW said in his feedback is that they have to negotiate loans on zero cost so can't be easy. Hope fans realise this.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Spyman wrote:Speaking of which, when is Steve Thomas back?
2 weeks still :lol:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Tbf I hadn’t really been paying attention in terms of length of injuries. Generally if someone says “x player is injured” I tend to assume they are injured until they are fit for selection again.

Is that not the sort of question you would expect to be asked as part of an interview rather than a news announcement anyway?

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:10 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Will it?

Hughes dislocated shoulder but for sure he will be back before long, totally committed, Henshall dislocated hair gel awaiting to see a doctor at Boots but has a letter from his mum so is ok, Ainge punctured ego could be out all season but his mum said don't listen to those spiteful darlington rabble I think your the greatest and gave him an extra fish finger for his tea!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:33 am

Weren't we supposed to have multiple additions *last week*. The final training session before the weekend will be today, and we still don't have anyone else involved.

Will it be 5 kids from the youths on the bench again? :roll: At least when we bring in youth from the big 3, they'll have likely played a few games at Premier League 2 level.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:04 pm

It's frustrating to say the least. The sales of Styche and Syers didn't come out of the blue so forward planning re bringing other players in was obviously needed, but didn't happen, or hasn't happened yet!

It's embarrassing to have a bench full of players so young they can't really be used - the league we are in is a proper league after all!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:32 pm

H1987 wrote:Weren't we supposed to have multiple additions *last week*. The final training session before the weekend will be today, and we still don't have anyone else involved.

Will it be 5 kids from the youths on the bench again? :roll: At least when we bring in youth from the big 3, they'll have likely played a few games at Premier League 2 level.
Premier League 2 means nothing. Its chalk and cheese when compared to our level.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:39 pm

I don't buy into this young bench, can't play youngsters blah blah blah. It's obviously needs must now and although in an ideal world they wouldn't be dropped in like this, we are going to have to because clearly we can't either afford or attract loanees from the 'Big 3'. Furthermore, what difference does a youngster from an academy have over a youngster from our own youth system? Maybe giving our own youngsters a run of games might, just might, unearth a gem that may be a potentially budget boosting transfer???

On a side note, I too haven't felt as disconnected from the club in all the time that l have supported the club over the past 20 years. It really is demoralising seeing the club imploding as it currently seems to be.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Should we not be utilising the resources of the club to maximum effect. Vaulx still out in the cold, not to mention Caton. Any grudges need to be put aside.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:01 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote: On a side note, I too haven't felt as disconnected from the club in all the time that l have supported the club over the past 20 years. It really is demoralising seeing the club imploding as it currently seems to be.
You can't be disconnected from something you were never connected to in the first place. Prior to us becoming fan owned non of us were connected in any way apart from being paying customers and having to put up with all the shite successive owners put us through. I don't remember Fans Forum's, Netcafes etc, before 2012.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
H1987 wrote:Weren't we supposed to have multiple additions *last week*. The final training session before the weekend will be today, and we still don't have anyone else involved.

Premier League 2 means nothing. Its chalk and cheese when compared to our level.
It's a huge difference to our own youngsters, who looking at some of them, are probably more used to playing school football. I'm trying not to be dismissive or mean, and the progression of Saunders and hopefully Glover is a good thing, but most of them look like children. They're not ready, and they're there because we have no one else.

Whoever stated they didn't see the difference. Look at Kokolo, then stick one of the kids on from our bench. That'll be your difference, and that *is* chalk and cheese. Like it or not, the kids playing in the Premier League 2 are an absolute mile away from our kids in terms of ability. We might find the odd gem, but as a rule of thumb, that is the situation.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:28 pm

H1987 wrote:
loan_star wrote:

It's a huge difference to our own youngsters, who looking at some of them, are probably more used to playing school football. I'm trying not to be dismissive or mean, and the progression of Saunders and hopefully Glover is a good thing, but most of them look like children. They're not ready, and they're there because we have no one else.

Whoever stated they didn't see the difference. Look at Kokolo, then stick one of the kids on from our bench. That'll be your difference, and that *is* chalk and cheese. Like it or not, the kids playing in the Premier League 2 are an absolute mile away from our kids in terms of ability. We might find the odd gem, but as a rule of thumb, that is the situation.
Completely agree... I'm sorry but to say that our youngsters and Boro's are chalk and cheese is miles away from the mark, that's why our youngsters play for Darlo and those youngsters play against opposition from across Europe... I watched Boro's youngsters play Paris St Germain youngsters a few seasons ago in some Champions league type tournament, may have been U17s, our lads aren't on the same planet never mind level. If they were they wouldn't be playing for us.

Perhaps these big clubs are looking at Wright and wondering whether anything positive could come from spending a month training with and playing for him, probably set them way back in their development and erode their confidence.