Harvey Saunders

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Harvey Saunders

Post by al_quaker » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 am

tezza wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
tezza wrote:Hate to spoil the near hero worship of some for Harvey, but outside of decent pace I see little other deft football skills. Defenders simply seem to take two steps further up the pitch to neutralise him.
He certainly appears to pose little physical threat to defences.

I am not doubting his commitment and effort, its the end product, or lack of it that is frustrating. As for trying to compare him with Vardy.. really.. imagination stretcher there

I stand to be proven wrong given he now appears to be our main strike weapon, particularly given Ainge immobility and poor fitness.
Saunders has scored 5 goals in 10 starts + 7 sub appearances this season. So roughly 1 in 3. Not a world beater, but a decent enough record and clear improvement from last season.
Lets take his overall performance since debut in January 2017 as a true reflection of his worth , rather than being selective with the stats. Prolific would not be a word that sprung to mind.

As I said , I stand to be proven wrong. He now himself in the place he apparently always wanted to be, there will be no hiding, he can be judged much better as to his real worth between now and season end.
So you're ignoring the clear development that a relatively young player has made this season? Each to their own.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:38 pm

tezza wrote:
50 years wrote:I think that most strikers hit there peak in the mid to late 20's, Harvey has a few years to develop. Think he will do it but needs service. Think Leicester had a similar situation with a lower league player they took on as well - think he turned our ok!!
Go and boil your head
what a strange reply...

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:32 pm

From Facebook

"One of our most dedicated and longest serving members of the Mangobean family has decided to call time on his Mangobean career and has accepted a full time contract from Darlington Football Club! Congratulations to Harvey and thanks for your service!"

Full time?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Just saw that and thought the same. Seems strange that we would give him a pay rise substantial enough for him to quit the day job.

He's not going to be training full time and you wouldn't think we'd be paying him to take on any coaching, even in the academy, at this stage in his career.
shawry wrote:From Facebook

"One of our most dedicated and longest serving members of the Mangobean family has decided to call time on his Mangobean career and has accepted a full time contract from Darlington Football Club! Congratulations to Harvey and thanks for your service!"

Full time?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Spyman wrote:Just saw that and thought the same. Seems strange that we would give him a pay rise substantial enough for him to quit the day job.

He's not going to be training full time and you wouldn't think we'd be paying him to take on any coaching, even in the academy, at this stage in his career.

Full time?

I wouldn't be adverse to him being full time if we have persuaded one of the big teams local to let him train with them at no cost as I'm assuming he still won't be on loads

bga

Post by bga » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 pm

shawry wrote:
Spyman wrote:Just saw that and thought the same. Seems strange that we would give him a pay rise substantial enough for him to quit the day job.

Full time?

I wouldn't be adverse to him being full time if we have persuaded one of the big teams local to let him train with them at no cost as I'm assuming he still won't be on loads

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk[/quote
"Longest serving member" how old was he when he started to work for them...………..or do they just have a high turnover of staff!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:26 am

Often wondered why he is the only player who is full of beans on the pitch. Shot of caffeine required for the rest of the team then.....

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Probably only on basic wage at Mangobean so would not need too much of a rise to cover the shortfall

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:01 pm

What is the point of him being full-time if he can't train with the rest of the team each day?