Club news

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Club news

Post by loan_star » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Craig Morley has asked me to let you all know that we have been given permission to fly a flag from one of the flag poles outside the ground on match days.
Also to help build up an atmosphere the ball boys will make a line of flags for when the players come out for the match.
The club also would like supporters to vote on a tune for the players to come out to.
If people could leave suggestions below then we can put them to a proper vote.

At the moment the vote will be on the tin shed Facebook page.

H1987

Re: Club news

Post by H1987 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean theme song please :mrgreen: (bloody thing has been stuck in my head since i caught a bit of it on TV the other day... damn catchy though)

More serious suggestion: AC/DC: Hells Bells. Starting with the bell toll. St Pauli run out to it I think, or did in the past, and it's excellent.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 pm

This is an excellent idea. We need that build up to get some atmosphere at the start. York have people waving massive flags etc and we are higher in the league than that full time proffessional team :D .

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:42 pm

On the song just something everyone can sing along to. Makes a difference when whole crowd gets involved - just listen when "sweet Caroline" is played at events everyone seems to sing even young ones.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:46 pm

“Fanfare for the common man”by ELP.Just cut the trumpet bit off the front.

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:13 pm

loan_star wrote:Craig Morley has asked me to let you all know that we have been given permission to fly a flag from one of the flag poles outside the ground on match days.
Also to help build up an atmosphere the ball boys will make a line of flags for when the players come out for the match.
The club also would like supporters to vote on a tune for the players to come out to.

Is there a link for that page?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Used to love song2 blur when we scored at the arena, about the only thing I did emjpy there.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:57 pm

I would argue that goal music is a crime against football, and i used to hate it (along with the Arena)...

doomer

Post by doomer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Yellow Pearl - Phil Lynott

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:38 pm

Heroes - David Bowie
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Vangelis - Conquest of Paradise
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 pm

It’s A Fight by Three 6 Mafia

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2kJMH916DS4

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Or (though not entirely original) Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:42 am

H1987 wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean theme song please :mrgreen: (bloody thing has been stuck in my head since i caught a bit of it on TV the other day... damn catchy though)

More serious suggestion: AC/DC: Hells Bells. Starting with the bell toll. St Pauli run out to it I think, or did in the past, and it's excellent.
Good shout. The intro is brilliant

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:56 am

I have a feeling that I may be the only one left who remembers that in the early 1950s there was always a brass band playing on the pitch before each home game . Last thing before the team came out they always played "I am Henry the eighth I am I am" the crowd used to sing along to it !
I can't imagine it getting any votes now ........... but there again Darlo can always be a bit different !

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:44 am

Do I wanna know - Arctic Monkeys

I think that was the run out music from Heritage Park.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:32 am

Que será, será

For those who can remember the proper words

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 am

The Theme from 'Happy Days'
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:32 am

quakerfan wrote:I have a feeling that I may be the only one left who remembers that in the early 1950s there was always a brass band playing on the pitch before each home game . Last thing before the team came out they always played "I am Henry the eighth I am I am" the crowd used to sing along to it !
I can't imagine it getting any votes now ........... but there again Darlo can always be a bit different !
No you are not. The band was I think the Cockerton brass band who continued to play at Feethams well into the sixties.
The song " I'm Henry V111" was a hit for Hermans Hermits in 1965 after which it became a favourite of the tin shed.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 am

Keeping it Darlo themed...

Vic Reeves & The Wonder Stuff - Dizzy
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:30 am

4 non blonds What's going on!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 am

banktopp wrote:
quakerfan wrote:I have a feeling that I may be the only one left who remembers that in the early 1950s there was always a brass band playing on the pitch before each home game . Last thing before the team came out they always played "I am Henry the eighth I am I am" the crowd used to sing along to it !
No you are not. The band was I think the Cockerton brass band who continued to play at Feethams well into the sixties.
The song " I'm Henry V111" was a hit for Hermans Hermits in 1965 after which it became a favourite of the tin shed.
It's a fair bit older than that. :roll:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Hen ... ghth,_I_Am

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:32 am

50 years wrote:On the song just something everyone can sing along to. Makes a difference when whole crowd gets involved - just listen when "sweet Caroline" is played at events everyone seems to sing even young ones.
Discoland ....

Lyrics pretty easy ''Heyyyyyyyy Hooooooooo, Heyyyyyyyyyyy Darloooooooooooooo'
Think before posting

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 am

shawry wrote:
loan_star wrote:Craig Morley has asked me to let you all know that we have been given permission to fly a flag from one of the flag poles outside the ground on match days.

The flags and things are obviously a step in the right direction but why only on match days? Is it too much to ask that they're in position all the time?

And as for the road signage, that's only on match days too. I live out of town and the number one question people always ask me is "where do Darlo play these days"
When I tell them it's opposite Blackwell grange hotel they all know the location yet are unaware of our presence there.

A permanent sign on the road would boost attendances, I'm sure about that.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:01 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
shawry wrote:

The flags and things are obviously a step in the right direction but why only on match days? Is it too much to ask that they're in position all the time?

And as for the road signage, that's only on match days too. I live out of town and the number one question people always ask me is "where do Darlo play these days"
When I tell them it's opposite Blackwell grange hotel they all know the location yet are unaware of our presence there.

Agree about the signs being there all the time, I mean it isn't like we only pay rent for the 90 mins the lads are out on the pitch?! :thumbup:

en passant

Post by en passant » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:19 am

Going back to music to run out to - given the disquiet from some quarters over our budget for this year why not play Money For Nothing.

Or if I were to go back in time, as some have, why not the Joe Meek classic, Telstar - not for any reason other than it's a great upbeat tune.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:39 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
shawry wrote:

Totally agree with ur comments!!! we need and old trailer or something in a farmer's field on the way into Darlo various roads in A1,A66 A167 with at least the next 5 home fixtures so at least people can see and plan to visit, it will appeal to a wider audience rather than flyers.. Thoughts please

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
shawry wrote:

Totally agree with ur comments!!! we need and old trailer or something in a farmer's field on the way into Darlo various roads in A1,A66 A167 with at least the next 5 home fixtures so at least people can see and plan to visit, it will appeal to a wider audience rather than flyers.. Thoughts please

An old trailer.Brilliant.That will do the clubs image the world of good :thumbdown:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:26 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
shawry wrote:

15 years ago you may have had a point.

It’s 2018 and social media has been invented. The Facebook and twitter pages have tens of thousands of followers all who know when the games are if they want to come. I’d take an educated guess that your better promoting when matches are on to those who have declared that they have an interest in the football club than a trailer in a field somewhere.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:28 pm

loan_star wrote:

Why not on the clubs facebook page ?
Think before posting