A Gray area - part 3 (the end)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

A Gray area - part 3 (the end)

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:59 pm

I promise no more Martin after this. I think counselling can help though; over 50 years of following Quakers led me to it. My first Feethams memory is of Bobby Cummings heading us to promotion against Luton Town and my last is Neil Wainwright bringing us level from 2-0 down in the last match there. I see Notts as I live down here now but it's not the real thing - it's Darlo forever for me. That's why I've got a bee in my wooly hat about MG - he made us win, but living away from the town I never absorbed the bad stuff from him at Fans Forums and so forth. I can see it's beyond repair with him and maybe we need to be realistic and settle for some seasons of consolidation and slower but sustainable growth. We must stay up first and I don't believe TW can swing it, if he hasn't turned things round now will he ever? As for his fragrant assistant, the awful defence must be down to him. White was an effective if impulsive defender but I can't imagine what he tells our lot. Also, are they fit enough ? If possible some local players would help. I think whichever way you look at it the club is being poorly managed. If they can do it in training why does it go wrong in a game - what's Styche's loss of form about - and most of all, when he can get them to play why does it turn brown again next game ? If we do get another performance and result at FC he can't say 'our season starts here' and if we don't the pair of them should resign.

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: A Gray area - part 3 (the end)

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Wiseacre wrote:If we do get another performance and result at FC he can't say 'our season starts here' and if we don't the pair of them should resign.
So, damned if he does - damned if he doesn't!

And you've obviously got a problem with Alan White.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:19 pm

There is a lot of s*it written on here do some believe Alan White doesn't care about darlington fc. From what I've seen of the man he is darlington through and through, he will always give it 110% to help put it right, and I do think that it can be turned round.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:08 pm

No doubting White is Darlo to the core, but the hard part of management is motivating players who lack this. Not solely down to AW, and having only part-timers who are spread widely, this is makes it difficult to generate squad spirit. We need a win at FCUM to help the team as a unit to generate confidence.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Points taken - I know White was always committed. Maybe it's just been such a quick and exciting climb to this level it's difficult to get how demanding the league is. I agree that a win at FC then hopefully another and we can start looking forward. They liked AW at Notts. as well.