Tommy wright

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Seventynine
Team Supported: Darlington

Tommy wright

Post by Seventynine » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Last edited by Seventynine on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emdubya

Re: Tommy wright

Post by Emdubya » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:38 am

Seventynine wrote:we need to keep a good keeper.. he has to go, he isn't performing in the slightest. we have to move on before its back to oblivion ..just my opinion .
Another one been out on the piss all night.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:40 am

And quickly on the coffee!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 am

Emdubya wrote:
Seventynine wrote:we need to keep a good keeper.. he has to go, he isn't performing in the slightest. we have to move on before its back to oblivion ..just my opinion .
Another one been out on the piss all night.
We have a good keeper, yes he makes mistakes, but what keeper doesn't?

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:59 am

Aynsley Pears

DARLO333

Post by DARLO333 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:32 am

Heard a few negative comments about the lad at the last couple of home games, but not really sure what he’s done wrong.
Certainly wasn’t to blame for the team been torn a new one in the way we conceded yesterday.
Previously to that he’s had two clean sheets ?
There was a fumble yesterday but thankfully it didn’t cost us.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Why look at the keeper and blame him, the team was set up wrong, Tommy knows it, there was a poor team performance other than Hughes, and Thompson, the rest were well below the standard expected from them, but again tactically wrong set up from the start.
Wrong to pick out the keeper. Who I thought keep us in with a shout.
Move onto next Saturday and Stockport.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:07 pm

I was stood directly behind in line when their left back scored yesterday - as soon as he hit it I could see it was going in - it was a cracker to be fair and I doubt many keepers at this level of football would have saved it.
The lad is a young keeper - a good shot stopper - looks as though he is vulnerable on crosses and mis-reads the flight of the ball now and again - but what keeper doesn't at this level.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:33 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I was stood directly behind in line when their left back scored yesterday - as soon as he hit it I could see it was going in - it was a cracker to be fair and I doubt many keepers at this level of football would have saved it.
The lad is a young keeper - a good shot stopper - looks as though he is vulnerable on crosses and mis-reads the flight of the ball now and again - but what keeper doesn't at this level.
The goal was from a poor crossfield pass, plus trotman too far forward, as when it was intercepted it took two of our players out of the game, he needs to hold his position a bit longer imo

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:50 pm

There number 9 - Jake Beesley - looked a handful - just seen on t'internet he is on loan from Salford on a season long loan.
He was tall and pretty quick - we have big strikers but no pace.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:02 pm

shawry wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I was stood directly behind in line when their left back scored yesterday - as soon as he hit it I could see it was going in - it was a cracker to be fair and I doubt many keepers at this level of football would have saved it.
The goal was from a poor crossfield pass, plus trotman too far forward, as when it was intercepted it took two of our players out of the game, he needs to hold his position a bit longer imo

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
How many times has this been mentioned about our full backs pushing up and being badly caught out of position by a counter attack.We have 10 outfield players,let 5 defend and the other 5 do the attacking...is football as simple as that or am I missing something...worth a try surely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:12 pm

I've only seen our keeper a couple of times. At Southport he was outstanding and at Ashton he was beaten by two terrific shots, not sure anyone would have saved them. If he had better protection from the rest of the team he would have more clean sheets. Give the lad a chance.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Maddison made some crucial saves to keep us in the game yesterday and DBTS said I believe he was excellent at Southport.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:20 pm

To be honest I don't believe we have any bad players, just they are not playing as a team. Think Maddison is a good keeper for this level and still young and learning. While people keep mentioning Pears, think they forget he had Heaton in front of him who was excellent and provided protection for the keeper. Until Hughes has moved there think Maddison was on his own a lot of time with little protection - just my opinion of course.

All this knocking the players, can't be good for confidence and this game is one that confidence plays a big part. The majority of fans are brilliant and get behind the team as on Saturday but we "all" need to give them a break and just enjoy what we have, I have watched the team for over fifty years and I have watched a lot worse than what we have got at the moment so I am happy to be patient. May be more difficult for those used to the success over the last few years but a few years break is not unusual for any team.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:44 am

Maddo has already saved 3 penalties this season and kept us in games when we were being outplayed, most recently at Southport. Granted he is still learning his trade and could do with a bit more beef to help with dealing with crosses, but he does look for the breaks, mixing throws and kicks to good effect. He has also to cope with a continuously shuffled back 4 in front of him so hardly able to develop confidence and a good relationship with defenders. Don't forget we have been spoiled with good keepers over the years, Pickford Schmiecel, Barber, Ogilvy, Moor.....just hope Maddo can match their talents! :thumbup:

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Last edited by Seventynine on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:55 pm

I am happy to be patient. err no 50 years you talk a lot of logic . has he gone yet

Seventynine

Post by Seventynine » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:23 pm

ghost of 1883 is a supernatural

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Seventynine wrote:ghost of 1883 is a supernatural
Spirit of Sevenynine is a fuckwit.