Darlington v Bradford (Park Avenue)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

D_F_C
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v Bradford (Park Avenue)

Post by D_F_C » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:50 pm

We miss Wheatley massively. When Elliott and him play together we do well. When they aren't together then we struggle to win the midfield battle.

I'm sure someone will correct me but the games they've played together in midfield have all been our best performances.

Spenny - Brackley - Blyth - Telford

Not seen nearly enough from Henshall.

Nicholson is a clever play, still not sure of his best position. Did ok behind the striker, play little delicate passes. Is he an out and out winger, not sure.

Ainge is getting written off after 1 poor performance - he's a good player

Hughes is looking in shape and commanding. I thought their number 9 gave him and Galbraith a lot of problems in the first half. But it seemed they got their act together in the second half and I didn't see a great deal from the 9 after that.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:51 pm

Would like to know fitness levels on our key players and I suspect several lads have been carrying injuries or still building up match fitness, Hughes being a prime candidate. He has improved his performance levels since August when he appeared to be in poor shape. Now he has carved a niche for himself in the back 4 where he can apply his skills and footballing awareness to best use. Ainge never got into the BPA game, hardly winning any headers as he had been doing earlier in the season. May even give Collins the benefit of the doubt as to trying to comeback whilst still not 100% match fit. Perhaps it is the distributed nature of our squad that management haven't got the benefit of seeing everyone together during training? Top clubs have the benefit of technological tools which monitor yards covered, heart rate etc so what about getting some FitBits or similar kit so players can "dial in" their own readings taken during "remote/solo" training sessions?

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:53 pm

D_F_C wrote:We miss Wheatley massively. When Elliott and him play together we do well. When they aren't together then we struggle to win the midfield battle.
People can play around with all the formations they want. Believe this point is more important. We seem to click with both these guys starting. Their dynamic nature makes us a force in attack and protecting the back four.

Elliott in particular i think has been our most consistent player this season - suprised hes not got more recognition really - people even wanting him dropped. Classy little player IMO