Bucket Collections

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Since 68
Team Supported: Darlington

Bucket Collections

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:54 pm

I have been away on holiday for a couple of weeks and I would like to thank Tony, Michael and Glen for keeping the buckets going in my absence.

I thought I would give an update on collections so far this season, as I do get asked for updates from those who regularly contribute.

So here goes:

The pre-season games, including the legends game brought in £496.

Curzon Ashton game brought in £248

Blyth game was £170

and yesterdays game brought in £205.

So we are over £1,100 for the season so far. :D

Your generosity as always is absolutely amazing. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Darlo Since 68

Re: Bucket Collections

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi Guys

A further update for you regarding the bucket collections.

The last 3 home games have brought in just short of £400, which now brings the seasons total to just over £1500.

Thank you again to all who drop in their loose change. Its amazing how it all adds up.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:53 am

Thanks to you all for doing the rattling, Martin Gray would be proud. What happens to the dosh these days?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:03 am

Well done folks, but this is becoming increasingly anachronistic means of fundraising as we move forward towards a cashless society. As a club we need to be thinking ahead to replace this valuable source of income. It is hard to replicate the spontaneity of having some coins in hand fresh from turnstiles so what about putting some coding into our cashless turnstiles, to add an optional donation to cost of entry - like adding a gratuity to your restaurant bill and put it onto your card? Is there an opportunity for 50/50 tickets to make it possible for them to be purchased electronically in advance and remotely? There are a number of 'virtual' fans who cannot physically get to BM but follow the team on Mixlr and would appreciate another way to (financially) support the team. Am sure we have some techno savvy fans out there who could come up with some possibilities. :thumbup: