Darlington V Blyth

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Blyth

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:48 pm

I don't want to labour the point lo but you are completely wrong about Styche's reaction. I suggest you have a look again at the highlights. Styche reacts immediately to the ref and continues to do so strongly. As I've pointed out, the two Blyth players close to it don't appeal at all.

People in the ground didn't see a deliberate handball, the Blyth players involved didn't, the replays don't clearly show a deliberate handball and Styche protested at the decision straight away. But I guess the one man in the ground who felt it was is the one that matters.

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Blyth

Post by bga » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:11 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I don't want to labour the point lo but you are completely wrong about Styche's reaction. I suggest you have a look again at the highlights. Styche reacts immediately to the ref and continues to do so strongly. As I've pointed out, the two Blyth players close to it don't appeal at all.

People in the ground didn't see a deliberate handball, the Blyth players involved didn't, the replays don't clearly show a deliberate handball and Styche protested at the decision straight away. But I guess the one man in the ground who felt it was is the one that matters.

Okay okay I am labouring this now but have watched it again. Styche's protests are far more energetic than his initial "celebration" after scoring so I suspect he knew something! Just my take. Agree we should let it go now.