Vinnie Steels

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

Vinnie Steels

Post by DFCAnth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Burnley have submitted a 7 day notice to York to sign him.

He isn’t yet under contract so York are not entitled to any money, he was due to sign a professional contract with them next month when he turns 17. They are trying to agree a compensation package but looks like he is free to go.

Another of our youngsters heading on to bigger things, even if it is via York!

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Vinnie Steels

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:08 pm

They will get a pre season game as compensation great deal for MG that and York city

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Good pleased they don't benefit from taking him from us, well done Burnley.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Bet Gray is complaining about how the lad is being pinched for nowt from under their noses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 pm

What goes around, comes around. There is some justice in this world :lol:
Hope Vinnie makes the most of his escape!

bga

Post by bga » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:59 pm

jjljks wrote:What goes around, comes around. There is some justice in this world :lol:
Could anyone please pursuade MG Caton woud make a great replacement signing?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:06 am

bga wrote:
jjljks wrote:What goes around, comes around. There is some justice in this world :lol:
Could anyone please pursuade MG Caton woud make a great replacement signing?
:lol: nice one! Job for David Davies now he is not our Brexit bulldog.

en passant

Post by en passant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:18 am

Have just been reading an article in the York press that seems to wonder at the injustice of having another club make off with one of "their" youth prospects with the likelihood of little or no compensation. Being such a "big" player at our level they probably thought that they were the only ones with the right to do this to "smaller" clubs but never imagined that they too might be subject to the same laws of the jungle. But if they do get compensated when do we launch our claim to a piece of the action?!

en passant

Post by en passant » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:32 am

I see that York Press are reporting that the deal has been done and he's off to Burnley without any money being given to York. One respondent to the article is still bemoaning the unfairness of having their player taken without compensation!

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:27 pm

en passant wrote:I see that York Press are reporting that the deal has been done and he's off to Burnley without any money being given to York. One respondent to the article is still bemoaning the unfairness of having their player taken without compensation!
I am not stalking MG but am in York on holiday, in today's York Press article it fairly and accurately reports that Steels has gone to Burnley on exactly the same basis York took him from Darlington i.e. for nowt! MG is quoted as saying "Its not been conducted in the right way, but I'm a big believer in what goes around, comes around." He is clearly referring to the future and is too stupid to realise the irony of his quote! Be interested to know how Steels moving from us, was "conducted in the right way!"

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/163888 ... rtin-gray/

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:30 pm

bga wrote:
en passant wrote:I see that York Press are reporting that the deal has been done and he's off to Burnley without any money being given to York. One respondent to the article is still bemoaning the unfairness of having their player taken without compensation!
I am not stalking MG but am in York on holiday, in today's York Press article it fairly and accurately reports that Steels has gone to Burnley on exactly the same basis York took him from Darlington i.e. for nowt! MG is quoted as saying "Its not been conducted in the right way, but I'm a big believer in what goes around, comes around." He is clearly referring to the future and is too stupid to realise the irony of his quote! Be interested to know how Steels moving from us, was "conducted in the right way!"

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/163888 ... rtin-gray/
I bet Sean Dyche is quaking in his boots.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:58 am

According to today’s Echo Vinnie Steels has returned to Sunderland to join their under 23 ranks after spells at Darlington York and Burnley. Wonder if they want to loan him out to a NLN team for experience?

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:12 am

Old Git wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:58 am
According to today’s Echo Vinnie Steels has returned to Sunderland to join their under 23 ranks after spells at Darlington York and Burnley. Wonder if they want to loan him out to a NLN team for experience?
Certainly would make sense for him to get some first team experience - he needs to be playing mens football rather than being lost in the under 23's - if he doesn't get first team football soon - he could find himself back into non league football anyway.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:18 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:12 am
Old Git wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:58 am
Certainly would make sense for him to get some first team experience - he needs to be playing mens football rather than being lost in the under 23's - if he doesn't get first team football soon - he could find himself back into non league football anyway.
If memory serves he was a wide right player.Pretty much covered in that department.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:29 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:12 am
Surely he has to have a chance of getting into Sunderland team given they are a League One outfit.