Mitchell Glover

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Mitchell Glover

Post by poppyfield » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Youngster Mitchell Glover has today signed a contract with the club.

Manager Tommy Wright said ‘Mitchell turned 17 last month enabling him to sign his first contract and we are delighted it’s with us.’

‘He is a player that we think very highly of and one that we have tipped for a big future in the game’

‘After making his debut in the National League North as a 15 year old which set a record, he then also became the youngest player to score in the National League North at 16.’

‘After impressing when given the opportunity last season, his aim will be to break into the starting XI and stay there, pre season will be his opportunity to stake a claim as with everyone.’

Mitchell made his debut for ourselves coming off the bench on Boxing Day in the 3-1 victory at home to Harrogate Town. He made five appearances for the club last season including starting in the final day draw at Stockport County.

Mitchell glover 2
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

jjljks

Re: Mitchell Glover

Post by jjljks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Good news for both Mitchell and the club. I think he could be spending more time on the pitch than the bench next season. Just hope we have someone including match officials who can give him a bit of protection & support when facing some of the cynical 'old lags' who will not be happy when exposed to his skill and pace.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Tommy wants him to 'Break into the starting 11 and stay there'. Interesting to know if he does want a replacement for Turnbull, or whether he'll cover that gap from within the squad, although I do agree with some that Turnbull is a particular type of midfielder that we can't readily cover from within the squad.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Tommy wants him to 'Break into the starting 11 and stay there'. Interesting to know if he does want a replacement for Turnbull, or whether he'll cover that gap from within the squad, although I do agree with some that Turnbull is a particular type of midfielder that we can't readily cover from within the squad.
Wasn't in the Match day Squad on Wednesday, apologies if I missed something is he injured or just left out?

en passant

Post by en passant » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Well he was certainly in the dugout and seemed in good spirits.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 pm

en passant wrote:Well he was certainly in the dugout and seemed in good spirits.
Biding his time then!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Bench was pretty strong. O’Hanlon, Hughes, Syers, Saunders & Nicholson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:18 am

D_F_C wrote:Bench was pretty strong. O’Hanlon, Hughes, Syers, Saunders & Nicholson

Where's our sub keeper, Bancroft? Is he injured or on holiday? I don't like not having a keeper on the bench, just in case.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:25 am

With Wheatley out for 3 games, Glover may be getting his chance. Slightly worried about him being thrown into this current situation, but it will have to be done sometime.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:30 pm

jjljks wrote:With Wheatley out for 3 games, Glover may be getting his chance. Slightly worried about him being thrown into this current situation, but it will have to be done sometime.
He’ll reappear on the bench. Hughes will replace Wheatley.

Bancroft won’t be injured, assuming Tommy doesn’t want to leave out certain senior players