Temp Seats at HP

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Temp Seats at HP

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:33 am

lo36789 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:What would be useful is to find out what the minimum amount of steps required is for flat standing to be reclassified as terracing. I know that seats have to be minimum 4 rows. We could then find out if anything could be developed on the club house side...
What I'm getting at here is could we add just one step above the flat standing to the clubhouse side to get that counted in the capacity, or reduce costs at the open end by the same token?
Maybe I have misinterpretted. The whole '4 rows' thing is more to do with making something worthwhile.

At our current level flat standing is 'counted' to include being 4 deep with people. As a result when you build anything behind it if it has less than 4 rows you effectually lose on capacity.
In the NL flat standing doesn't count at all towards capacity (I think - someone mentioned it in the seats report). I'm just wondering if we can just get a double step thing like Spennymoor have down one side if we gat promoted and then at least that will count.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Yeah, the pipe *is* moveable, but it's prohibitively expensive, which is why it's been discounted. My point was there if you're talking about completely rebuilding a clubhouse with a large stand attached to it, there's a point where that is going to be *more* expensive than moving the pipe and building the existing stand the length of the pitch. The clubhouse is where all the expensive infrastructure is, and the Rugby club would absolutely refuse unless we built a replacement which is an improvement within any new stand. It'd probably cost more than moving the pipe.

The more likely solution is that we work with what we have and look to build something like what Barnet have attached to the existing clubhouse. It would require moving / replacing the dugouts though, which is frustrating.

I thought it was the football league that hard standing didn't count in, not the National League?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Al Quaker on P.1 of the thread says that flat standing behind the goal at the open end won't count in the NL, whereas flat standing down the sides will, but any sort of flat standing won't count in the FL. That's my understanding of it anyway.