Scott, Mills, Milburn & Hume Released

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott, Mills, Milburn & Hume Released

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 06, 2018 1:53 pm

There is little point in keeping Bancroft if he isn't going to make the grade. I think TW must have belief in his abilities and hopefully he'll get a chance to show us what he can do in the near future.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 06, 2018 3:34 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:There is little point in keeping Bancroft if he isn't going to make the grade. I think TW must have belief in his abilities and hopefully he'll get a chance to show us what he can do in the near future.
He's plugging a gap, a cheap option. He's not good enough for first team football but we need someone just in case. Best he will ever get is a few minutes as a sub if a keeper is sent off or goes off injured, then a loan replacement would come in.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 06, 2018 3:40 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:There is little point in keeping Bancroft if he isn't going to make the grade. I think TW must have belief in his abilities and hopefully he'll get a chance to show us what he can do in the near future.
He's plugging a gap, a cheap option. He's not good enough for first team football but we need someone just in case. Best he will ever get is a few minutes as a sub if a keeper is sent off or goes off injured, then a loan replacement would come in.
A few minutes like David Stockdale when Oakes was sent off early doors?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Theres a slight difference in ability Spyman. Bancroft is a Wearside League standard keeper.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun May 06, 2018 5:02 pm

loan_star wrote:
Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Theres a slight difference in ability Spyman. Bancroft is a Wearside League standard keeper.
Fair enough - I do remember at the time though that Stockdale had looked well out of his depth when he'd featured for us previously.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun May 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Fair enough - I do remember at the time though that Stockdale had looked well out of his depth when he'd featured for us previously.

Sometimes that’s all it takes one chance and they can be off and running , if, the ability is there

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 am

According to The Northern Echo, the club will be releasing a retained list this week and there are a small number of contracted players who aren't in Wright's plans.

My guess would be Marrs, Burgess and Caton.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 07, 2018 10:58 am

Quakers83 wrote:According to The Northern Echo, the club will be releasing a retained list this week and there are a small number of contracted players who aren't in Wright's plans.

My guess would be Marrs, Burgess and Caton.
I'd be surprised if there were any beyond those three. Virtually everyone else has been a key part of the squad since Wright came in. Collins would probably be the only other not to feature regularly but he's been injured since January so I expect he'll be given the chance to re-establish himself.

DC

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Mon May 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Marrs officially released

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Very good full-back at this level and highly dependable, just doesn't fit the way that TW likes his full-backs to play.

I am sure that there will be a host of clubs in for him.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon May 07, 2018 5:15 pm

South Shields?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon May 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:South Shields?
They have Baxter so not sure they’ll be desperate for another RB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon May 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Most likely to go to Blyth after their right back Atkinson has gone to play in Iceland.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Very good full-back at this level and highly dependable
He is as average as fuck at this level.

He was part of a defence that conceded 71 goals and part of the reason that 71 goals were let in.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Think he’ll end up at Blyth. Isn’t he based round that area, Cramlimgton I believe..

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon May 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Best of luck to him, he did ok but isn’t the type of full back who is mobile enough to offer anything much going forwards and we have better players in that position.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Quakerz wrote:

He was part of a defence that conceded 71 goals and part of the reason that 71 goals were let in.
Personally thought he was very good defensively, was just his attacking play that let him down as being that complete full-back. That said, teams did try and target him for his height.

But, I do think that how many conceded were more down to our centre halves last year as opposed to our full-backs.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon May 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Quakerz wrote:

Spot on Q.The guy needed a passport to cross the half way line so his contribution to attacking play was next to nowt.Northern League awaits.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:That said, teams did try and target him for his height.
And his lack of pace.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Looks to me like he's played fair by the club and himself. Clearly wants to play football and not just sit on a contract when he's not part of the plans going forward. Good luck to him in the future, I say. Man of integrity, just like Brown.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 07, 2018 10:52 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Looks to me like he's played fair by the club and himself. Clearly wants to play football and not just sit on a contract when he's not part of the plans going forward. Good luck to him in the future, I say. Man of integrity, just like Brown.
That can't be argued with.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Spot on Q.The guy needed a passport to cross the half way line so his contribution to attacking play was next to nowt.Northern League awaits.
To be fair, I know I said he was average at this level, but he could still play at this level (and be average) or if not, maybe get a gig in the Evostik. Not sure he needs to drop down as far as the home for tea league.

Think Blyth might be a decent shout, as someone else mentioned

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 08, 2018 12:31 am

Heard Caton is going abroad not sure with him having a contract how this will work though, whether we release him from his contract or not.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue May 08, 2018 7:46 am

notgnilrad wrote:Heard Caton is going abroad not sure with him having a contract how this will work though, whether we release him from his contract or not.
On holiday?

DC

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue May 08, 2018 8:58 am

Emdubya wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Complete rubbish. Was Boston's player of the season before we signed him. Could still play this level, certainly Evostik.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 08, 2018 11:26 am

Also, sometimes a player moves clubs and is a revelation. Ben O'Hanlon couldn't get in Harrogate's team, and you may have thought prior to signing him 'Well is he good enough for this league?', but look at how good he is for us.

bga

Post by bga » Tue May 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Am I missing something with this keeper? I know he was on the bench loads of times before the end of the season, so am I right in thinking that he has not really played any football over say the last couple of months? Clearly hard to prove yourself and keep match fit if you are not playing at all?

bga

Post by bga » Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Complete rubbish. Was Boston's player of the season before we signed him. Could still play this level, certainly Evostik.
I agree with Harry he certainly is not out of his depth. Also endorse comments above seems Liam has agreed to his relaese rather than sit on the money fair play to him.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue May 08, 2018 2:46 pm

bga wrote:
Am I missing something with this keeper? I know he was on the bench loads of times before the end of the season, so am I right in thinking that he has not really played any football over say the last couple of months? Clearly hard to prove yourself and keep match fit if you are not playing at all?
Surely it depends on what happens with Pears. Clearly it is up to Boro and him to decide if a second loan spell is best for his career. The way he played contributed toward the run of clean sheets we had at the end of the season & also why Bancroft had so few chances for a run in the first team. Until Boro make their mind up, we must have some cover (especially with super goalie sub Brown also gone!)

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue May 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Add Portas to the list now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk