£20,000 PRIZE

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DARLO333
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: £20,000 PRIZE

Post by DARLO333 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:39 pm

A huge thanks to the camera man as well it must be said. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it a fan that captured the footage and shared it to be used in this completion ?

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm

mikkyx wrote:The squad last year (which lost 6-1 to Corby) was:
Emile Heskey, Kevin Davies, Stan Varga, Eider Gudjohnsen, William Gallas, Mark Crossley, Dion Dublin, Darren Anderton, Danny Mills, Chris Waddle, Stiliyan Petrov, Trevor Sinclair, Alan Stubbs, Danny Murphy, Matty Holland, Nigel Winterburn, Ian Harte, Matt Elliott - managed by Peter Reid.

Of those, Stubbs, Mills, Waddle and Heskey are confirmed back this year, so far joined by Richard Dunne (so we should manage at least an own goal), Kieron Dyer, Joleon Lescott, Luke Young and Wayne Bridge.
Some decent names on there. Glad to see the use of the term 'legends' is not quite so, let's say, loose, as some premier league clubs (eg Man U's legends feature Bojan Djordjic, 1 league appearnce; Liverpool's features Bob Bolder, 0 apps). The Guardian's 'The Knowledge' column has been looking at this recently https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... tball-club and https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... litan-side
Last edited by biccynana on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:02 pm

It would be interesting to see the voting figures. i suspect we'll have won by quite a handsome margin.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:A big mention to Gary Brown who’s massive leap into the snow made the goal celebration look even better :clap:
That's a good point actually. GB's leap is spectacular - hadn't noticed it before but just rewatched the shortlist.

Speaking of which Lawrenson says (https://youtu.be/eRfXyA46ykE?t=79) it was one of two DFC entrants (obviously only one made it to the shortlist). Anyone any idea what the other entry was?

And also, I see last year's winners got only 10k, so we picked the right year to win it :thumbup:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Brilliant news. Well done everyone. Just what we needed!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:45 pm

biccynana wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:A big mention to Gary Brown who’s massive leap into the snow made the goal celebration look even better :clap:
That's a good point actually. GB's leap is spectacular - hadn't noticed it before but just rewatched the shortlist.

Speaking of which Lawrenson says (https://youtu.be/eRfXyA46ykE?t=79) it was one of two DFC entrants (obviously only one made it to the shortlist). Anyone any idea what the other entry was?

And also, I see last year's winners got only 10k, so we picked the right year to win it :thumbup:
I’m assuming it was the one vs York with the barrel roll.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:34 am

DARLO333 wrote:A huge thanks to the camera man as well it must be said. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it a fan that captured the footage and shared it to be used in this completion ?
Must have been and also a great still photo of Styche & Brown in mid-air. I usually manage to find video highlights of matches but can't seem to track down that Darlo v Chorley game. Anyone able to help with a link, please?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 am

jjljks wrote:
DARLO333 wrote:A huge thanks to the camera man as well it must be said. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it a fan that captured the footage and shared it to be used in this completion ?
Must have been and also a great still photo of Styche & Brown in mid-air. I usually manage to find video highlights of matches but can't seem to track down that Darlo v Chorley game. Anyone able to help with a link, please?
I think Kev missed that game as he was away - thankfully, as has been said further up, someone else was on hand to at least record the celebration!

Doesn't look like Chorley did their own highlights?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Just been on look north