Blyth

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

BaronsCourtQuaker
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:52 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Blyth

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:07 pm

anyone know if its segregated?

al_quaker
Posts: 5411
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by al_quaker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:11 pm

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:anyone know if its segregated?
Unsegregated, apart from the Tin Shed

BaronsCourtQuaker
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:52 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:14 pm

al_quaker wrote:
BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:anyone know if its segregated?
Unsegregated, apart from the Tin Shed
thanks, was sure it was segreated then just been told unsegregated. so half 3/4 makes sense.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12237
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:49 pm

Have to admit I'm surprised it won't be segregated. Blyth should bring 400 to 500 given their position, even though they've lost 3 on the bounce.

darlodaz
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:07 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by darlodaz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:30 pm

400/500 from Blyth you are having a laugh surely?

we will be lucky financially if they bring 200 judging on previous meetings and their downturn in form along with sub 1,000 home support.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Especially as they got beat 8-2 in midweek.

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Quakerz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:42 pm

darlodaz wrote:400/500 from Blyth you are having a laugh surely?

we will be lucky financially if they bring 200 judging on previous meetings and their downturn in form along with sub 1,000 home support.
I'm not sure why you think it'll be sub 1,000 home support when we won last week and there is a bit of local interest there.

Our home support has been poor for the last couple of months, around 1,100-1,200 home fans - but we should get at least that again plus a couple hundred from Blyth. I'm thinking 1300 + 200 = 1500.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker
Posts: 5411
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by al_quaker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:
darlodaz wrote:400/500 from Blyth you are having a laugh surely?

we will be lucky financially if they bring 200 judging on previous meetings and their downturn in form along with sub 1,000 home support.
I'm not sure why you think it'll be sub 1,000 home support when we won last week and there is a bit of local interest there.

Our home support has been poor for the last couple of months, around 1,100-1,200 home fans - but we should get at least that again plus a couple hundred from Blyth. I'm thinking 1300 + 200 = 1500.
I thought he meant Blyth's sub 1000 gates

But anyway it'd be worrying if we can't get at least 1500 for this game

AndyPark
Posts: 11486
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by AndyPark » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Can see it being around the 1800/1900 mark. Blyth to bring down a good 300/350.

We'll have a few more than usual coming through the gates, I'm bringing 1 extra who doesn't normally attend.

darlodaz
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:07 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by darlodaz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:02 pm

I was on about Blyth and their sub 1,000 home support.

Whilst we are on about the crowd and someone has had a guess already I will join in and go with 1,642 for a bit of fun.

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Quakerz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:07 pm

darlodaz wrote:I was on about Blyth and their sub 1,000 home support.
Ah yes, so you were - apologies.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

tdk1
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by tdk1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:12 pm

It's another massive game tomorrow. Win and we could start to build an unbeaten run and put some air between us and the relegation zone. Lose and we're sucked right into it. I can't really call it at the moment. All I can say is we should all be aiming for the win.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11742
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Spyman » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:39 pm

tdk1 wrote:It's another massive game tomorrow. Win and we could start to build an unbeaten run and put some air between us and the relegation zone. Lose and we're sucked right into it. I can't really call it at the moment. All I can say is we should all be aiming for the win.
I agree we should be aiming for a win.

I think we'll lose though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12237
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:09 pm

Surely we always aim for a win?

bga
Posts: 1270
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by bga » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 pm

tdk1 wrote:It's another massive game tomorrow. Win and we could start to build an unbeaten run and put some air between us and the relegation zone. Lose and we're sucked right into it. I can't really call it at the moment. All I can say is we should all be aiming for the win.
Oh that's a relief to know that currently we are not "sucked right into it!" :thumbup:

H1987
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by H1987 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:20 pm

It's a must not lose game, imo. We can afford a draw, and to be honest, it wouldn't be an awful result, but we absolutely must be aiming for a win.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:25 am

I feel we will win this game if Tommy has no injury concerns but would love Tom Portas to play some part in the game, massive player for us.Thommo back to playing as an attacker rather than wingback, Turnbull back in midfield and a proper left wingback in O'Hanlon makes us much more balanced. 3-1 for me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12237
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:55 am

Think a lot will depend on how well we defend, but I fancy us to get a positive result today.

User avatar
grimsbyquaker
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Team Supported: Darlington FC
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W

Re: Blyth

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:07 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:I feel we will win this game if Tommy has no injury concerns but would love Tom Portas to play some part in the game, massive player for us.Thommo back to playing as an attacker rather than wingback, Turnbull back in midfield and a proper left wingback in O'Hanlon makes us much more balanced. 3-1 for me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
James Caton to scare their right back shitless. Was awesome last Saturday. Let's get behind the lad.

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:22 am

Blyth do score goals which is a concern with our leaky defence but nonetheless I'm confident we will win today and also pick up at least a point at BPA next weekend.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

JE93
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by JE93 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:30 am

Both Southport v Telford and Gainsborough v Curzon Ashton are off. Grest chance to give ourselves a points on the board advantage.

We know they have a very dangerous front 3 in Dale, Rivers and Macguire so first and foremost we need to keep then quiet. Positives for us are that they aren't the best defensively and are in a bad run of form. Need everyone on top form today. A clean sheet would be huge and with Styche and Thommo in form atm we do have a chance of nicking goals. Another area we still need to improve is set pieces. We used to be deadly at them and out defensive players would regularly pitch in with 5+ goals a season. Too often now our set pieces don't beat the first man. Need to up that threat.

A win and a decent crowd could make this club start feeling like a very different place going into a game against BPA next weekend that is again very winable.

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by D_F_C » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:39 am

JE93 wrote:Both Southport v Telford and Gainsborough v Curzon Ashton are off. Grest chance to give ourselves a points on the board advantage.

We know they have a very dangerous front 3 in Dale, Rivers and Macguire so first and foremost we need to keep then quiet. Positives for us are that they aren't the best defensively and are in a bad run of form. Need everyone on top form today. A clean sheet would be huge and with Styche and Thommo in form atm we do have a chance of nicking goals. Another area we still need to improve is set pieces. We used to be deadly at them and out defensive players would regularly pitch in with 5+ goals a season. Too often now our set pieces don't beat the first man. Need to up that threat.

A win and a decent crowd could make this club start feeling like a very different place going into a game against BPA next weekend that is again very winable.
I’m not sure that formation they play when you add hopson into the mix


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonn
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:01 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by jonn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am

What's the weather like in Darlo? Snowing steadily in Teesdale.

JE93
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by JE93 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:43 am

D_F_C wrote:
JE93 wrote:Both Southport v Telford and Gainsborough v Curzon Ashton are off. Grest chance to give ourselves a points on the board advantage.

We know they have a very dangerous front 3 in Dale, Rivers and Macguire so first and foremost we need to keep then quiet. Positives for us are that they aren't the best defensively and are in a bad run of form. Need everyone on top form today. A clean sheet would be huge and with Styche and Thommo in form atm we do have a chance of nicking goals. Another area we still need to improve is set pieces. We used to be deadly at them and out defensive players would regularly pitch in with 5+ goals a season. Too often now our set pieces don't beat the first man. Need to up that threat.

A win and a decent crowd could make this club start feeling like a very different place going into a game against BPA next weekend that is again very winable.
I’m not sure that formation they play when you add hopson into the mix


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they normally set up 4-2-3-1. With Dale on the left, Rivers right and Hopson in the hole behind Macguire.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12237
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am

Just steady drizzle, no snow. The pitch should be able to cope with the rain without any problems.

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:18 am

jonn wrote:What's the weather like in Darlo? Snowing steadily in Teesdale.
Sleeting, on and off.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by D_F_C » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 am

JE93 wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
JE93 wrote:Both Southport v Telford and Gainsborough v Curzon Ashton are off. Grest chance to give ourselves a points on the board advantage.

We know they have a very dangerous front 3 in Dale, Rivers and Macguire so first and foremost we need to keep then quiet. Positives for us are that they aren't the best defensively and are in a bad run of form. Need everyone on top form today. A clean sheet would be huge and with Styche and Thommo in form atm we do have a chance of nicking goals. Another area we still need to improve is set pieces. We used to be deadly at them and out defensive players would regularly pitch in with 5+ goals a season. Too often now our set pieces don't beat the first man. Need to up that threat.

A win and a decent crowd could make this club start feeling like a very different place going into a game against BPA next weekend that is again very winable.
I’m not sure that formation they play when you add hopson into the mix


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they normally set up 4-2-3-1. With Dale on the left, Rivers right and Hopson in the hole behind Macguire.
Sounds about right


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1987
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by H1987 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:49 am

Caton to get a start? Hope he can carry on last weeks form. Feeling positive, looking forward to listening to fans radio later!

UTQ :thumbup:

Emdubya
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by Emdubya » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Caton has had a decent 20 minutes in 6 months and now he should get a start? :o
Don’t get it.

piggy
Posts: 784
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:22 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Blyth

Post by piggy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Emdubya wrote:Caton has had a decent 20 minutes in 6 months and now he should get a start? :o
Don’t get it.
Your as good as your last game.

Post Reply