Brad Gascoigne

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Brad Gascoigne

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:55 pm

Just left Nuneaton by mutual consent...

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Brad Gascoigne

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 pm

My advice is do not under any circumstances read the two threads on the nuneaton town fans forum in relation to this.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:29 pm

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Ouch
Do we really need a poor centre half? Surely his release is not connected to us???
Last edited by grimsbyquaker on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Yeah let’s run him out of town before we know anything , Jesus

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 pm

There's no guarantee he's coming here, as we have a few centre halfs, especially when Collins comes back from injury.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Let’s hope so Pete. He doesn’t sound like the man to solidify the back line. I think we need to do something to give Styche more support up front. Been mulling this over today based on current personnel but no firm answers

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Collins is likely to play at right back once fit, leaving a spot alongside Heaton to be competed for.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:30 pm

How far is Trotman off being fit? I thought he was a right back

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:09 pm

I think Trotman is just about fit again.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:29 am

He must be shyte if Nuneaton want rid and they are in the same position as us fighting religation... So WHY do we want him it don't make sense...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:12 am

Do we actually want this guy or are our fans linking us to every Nuneaton player, or any former TW player???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:40 am

I'm sure that TW knows what he and we need to improve the team. So I very much doubt that he would bring in somebody that us not rated by fans of his previous club.

BruceyNBFC
Team Supported: Nuneaton

Post by BruceyNBFC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 am

I think most Boro fans would be delighted if you signed him. Not up to NLN standard by any stretch of the imagination.

Trotman will be class for you when he’s fit mind.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:58 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm sure that TW knows what he and we need to improve the team. So I very much doubt that he would bring in somebody that us not rated by fans of his previous club.
I'm actually assuming he will bring in players he rates, rsther than asking the opinions of the fans of his previous club?

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 am

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:He must be shyte if Nuneaton want rid and they are in the same position as us fighting religation... So WHY do we want him it don't make sense...

But ARE we interested, where has this been reported?.Even with the injury to Dom Collins, Galbraith can slot in at CH so why waste money when another midfielder and striker are more important.Let's be patient and stop these knee jerk reactions for gods sake.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:08 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:He must be shyte if Nuneaton want rid and they are in the same position as us fighting religation... So WHY do we want him it don't make sense...

But ARE we interested, where has this been reported?.Even with the injury to Dom Collins, Galbraith can slot in at CH so why waste money when another midfielder and striker are more important.Let's be patient and stop these knee jerk reactions for gods sake.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Then who slots into left back? Scott? He's better in midfield so surely we're better using Scott as midfield cover, keep Galbraith at left-back and reinforce central defence rather than reinforcing midfield?

Personally I'd get Marrs back into the fold asap. He may not be a long-term solution for whatever reason but he's capable and he's here.

Trotman/Marrs - Brown - Heaton - Galbraith. Bring Vaulks back as cover if needed.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:00 pm

It was the Nuneaton fans who first said they had heard Gascoigne would be reunited with TW and then had their say on his merits or otherwise. Maybe it won't happen but it's a legitimate matter for discussion when fans of another club suggest we are going to sign a player.

I don't think their fans have any axe to grind with us. In fact things have worked out very nicely for them. Their new manager (who has been in charge for the same amount of time that TW has been here) has clearly identified the weaknesses of the TW reign which left them in relegation trouble. He has made them stronger and more solid and has begun to lead them on the path of climbing clear of the relegation battle. They seem genuinely happy that we came in for TW and feel it has worked out very well for them.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm sure that TW knows what he and we need to improve the team. So I very much doubt that he would bring in somebody that us not rated by fans of his previous club.
TW isn't even rated by the fans of his previous club...

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:08 pm

LoidLucan wrote:It was the Nuneaton fans who first said they had heard Gascoigne would be reunited with TW and then had their say on his merits or otherwise. Maybe it won't happen but it's a legitimate matter for discussion when fans of another club suggest we are going to sign a player.

I don't think their fans have any axe to grind with us. In fact things have worked out very nicely for them. Their new manager (who has been in charge for the same amount of time that TW has been here) has clearly identified the weaknesses of the TW reign which left them in relegation trouble. He has made them stronger and more solid and has begun to lead them on the path of climbing clear of the relegation battle. They seem genuinely happy that we came in for TW and feel it has worked out very well for them.
Indeed.... meanwhile, at Blackwell Meadows..... :problem:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
That isn't unusual for fans not too rate their previous manager. In fact it's most unusual for fans to actual rate their ex-manager. So I doubt TW will lose any sleep of what Nuneaton fans think of him.

hullablue
Team Supported: Nuneaton

Post by hullablue » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:10 pm

There were lots of Nuneaton fans who did not rate Gascoigne when he signed or any time he played. There are also lots of Boro fans who were happy TW left, but annoyed about the way he went about it, which spoke volumes about his character frankly (if our chairman's version is to be believed).
There were rumours that Brad had been on the phone to TW begging him to take him with him, but seeing as he has not rocked up there yet, you may have had a lucky escape.
He has played for TW at two clubs after all, so he must rate him ;-)

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
That isn't unusual for fans not too rate their previous manager. In fact it's most unusual for fans to actual rate their ex-manager. So I doubt TW will lose any sleep of what Nuneaton fans think of him.
Given the fact that Nuneaton have since climbed the table and we have slid down it at an alarming rate do they not perhaps have a point?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 pm

I also remember personally saying a similar thing to a Bradford fan about Colin Todd when they warned us what we were in for.