Vaulks

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, botrash, charlie, uncovered

stayhigh13
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:08 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by stayhigh13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:37 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Vaulks is not ready for this league yet, so a no go for me.TW already mentioned this a few weeks ago.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
This! Even before Collins' latest, seemingly lengthy injury people were calling for Vaulks to be starting games. The lad is 18/19 year old with his experience of men's football only coming from Northern league 2nd Division. Think it's best not to burden him with the task of attempting to solve our defensive issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AndyPark
Posts: 11402
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm

banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.
Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.
To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWWDDDDLLLLWDWWLWDLLDWDLDLLWLLWWWLD

*includes all cup games*

Darlogramps
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:44 pm

AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.
Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.
To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.
And Spen actually said later on he wouldn't have had any issue with it.

It was only his name which was easily accessible through his signature. Not as if I posted phone numbers or addresses.

But hey - any excuse to throw a cheap shot.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker
Posts: 5288
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 pm

stayhigh13 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Vaulks is not ready for this league yet, so a no go for me.TW already mentioned this a few weeks ago.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
This! Even before Collins' latest, seemingly lengthy injury people were calling for Vaulks to be starting games. The lad is 18/19 year old with his experience of men's football only coming from Northern league 2nd Division. Think it's best not to burden him with the task of attempting to solve our defensive issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yep - in the home game he played (Leamington?) he clearly showed plenty of potential, but he also showed plenty of inexperience. Which is to be expected. He, understandably, wasn't great at positioning, and Bartlett was constantly on at him. Thankfully we were playing a team with very little attacking threat or desire, and also had an experienced keeper to help him out.

But chucking him into relegation battles with a young keeper behind him? Would be a major worry and could severely harm his development. And the fact he's not played much for RCA either suggests he's still, understandably, not near 1st team standard for us.

We've still got 2 CBs fit, with Galbraith who can also play there. And I'd rather recall Burgess if we need to recall a CB from loan.

banktopp
Posts: 602
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Hereford

Re: Vaulks

Post by banktopp » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.
Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.
To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.
And Spen actually said later on he wouldn't have had any issue with it.

It was only his name which was easily accessible through his signature. Not as if I posted phone numbers or addresses.

But hey - any excuse to throw a cheap shot.
"People who live in glass houses"

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11611
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 pm

tezza wrote:
AndyPark wrote:We have Liam Marrs who is more than capable of performing at RB.
I take your point, however Marrs seems not to figure in TW starting line up. I personally think whilst he has pace he gets caught out of position to often, also opposition tend to put someone with height up against him.

I think Vaulks and Heaton in the centre, with Galbraith and Brown at full back offers a solid foundation.
Brown was woefully out of his depth at right back three seasons and two divisions ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks
Posts: 1399
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:33 am

Collins needs time to recover and we need to plug the holes in defence. TW must take action and either bring in someone of his choice provided they are within our budget or recall from loan one of MG's cohort - Burgess or Vaulks. Not an ideal situation to throw young players into a relegation dogfight, but at least they would have some knowledge of how others in the team play. How are the youngsters going to progress unless they have their mettle tested?

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am

Vaulks looked very good against the multi millionaire Boro players when he came on in the second half and we didn't concede anymore goals.

User avatar
divas
Posts: 12808
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by divas » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 am

I’d expect Trotman isn’t a million miles away so will replace Collins at RB in a 4. Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise as I don’t think we look great with 3 at the back

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1630
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 am

divas wrote:I’d expect Trotman isn’t a million miles away so will replace Collins at RB in a 4. Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise as I don’t think we look great with 3 at the back
Our players are more suited to a 442 or 433 but must keep 4 at the back.Ideally for me it would be 433 with Trotman RB and Portas joining Turnbull and Scott in midfield with a front 3 from Thommo, Gillies, Mills and Styche and Portas being the attacking midfielder .That is our strongest team IMO and confident that would see us getting results.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

offside
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by offside » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 am

AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.
Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.
To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.
Spen666 is just a total prick #fact... He wont be all smiles when spendy drop down the leagues

spen666
Posts: 1508
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by spen666 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 am

offside wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.
Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.
To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.
Spen666 is just a total prick #fact... He wont be all smiles when spendy drop down the leagues

Love the keyboard warriors.

I am not even involved in a dispute between Darlington fans and you choose to insult me.
_________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @spen_666

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:47 pm

offside wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.
Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.
To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.
Spen666 is just a total prick #fact... He wont be all smiles when spendy drop down the leagues
And that is likely because...........?

spen666
Posts: 1508
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by spen666 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:23 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
offside wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Nice, publishing someone's DM. Classy move.
Not as classy as publishing someone's personal details ( spen666 ),whilst hiding behind your anonymous Darlogramps username. Didn't take long for the mods to remove your cowardly post.
To be fair, spen666 has his own blog on his signature so his details can be found on there. Alongside his snidey posts on Facebook.
Spen666 is just a total prick #fact... He wont be all smiles when spendy drop down the leagues
And that is likely because...........?
What goes up must come down?

It is almost inevitable that at some time in the future Spennymoor will be relegated. There are very few clubs that have not been relegated at some time
_________________________________________________________________
Twitter: @spen_666

Darlopartisan
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:46 am

Vaulks loan must be up now, with Collins out for the next 5/6 weeks and Brown faceing a fitness test it’s about time he is recalled to the squad. Young or not he needs to be there other wise it’s back square pegs in round holes.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1630
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 am

Darlopartisan wrote:Vaulks loan must be up now, with Collins out for the next 5/6 weeks and Brown faceing a fitness test it’s about time he is recalled to the squad. Young or not he needs to be there other wise it’s back square pegs in round holes.
What about Burgess being recalled from Whitby, needs must.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:52 am

Nope Vaulks is better than Burgess and should be re-called.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1630
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:26 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Nope Vaulks is better than Burgess and should be re-called.
Not sure if Vaulks is ready for this league yet, don't think he is playing regularly enough in the NL so I would prefer Burgess out of the 2.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

stayhigh13
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:08 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by stayhigh13 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 am

From what evidence are you making the suggestion that Vaulks is better Burgess, Pete?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:43 am

stayhigh13 wrote:From what evidence are you making the suggestion that Vaulks is better Burgess, Pete?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Based on the couple of times I've seen him play, Vaulks looks more than accomplished, which you can't honestly say about Burgess.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1630
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:55 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:From what evidence are you making the suggestion that Vaulks is better Burgess, Pete?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Based on the couple of times I've seen him play, Vaulks looks more than accomplished, which you can't honestly say about Burgess.
Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:58 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
stayhigh13 wrote:From what evidence are you making the suggestion that Vaulks is better Burgess, Pete?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Based on the couple of times I've seen him play, Vaulks looks more than accomplished, which you can't honestly say about Burgess.
Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Everybody is entitled to their opinions, even when they're wrong!!! :D

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1652
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Vaulks has barely touched the Sunderland RCA (neither has Milburn who I think also went there on loan). Either he's injured or he's not the messiah like some fans think he is

Comfortably_numb
Posts: 1852
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:24 pm

D_F_C wrote:....he's not the messiah like some fans think he is
well darlo pete should know - he's followed a few.... :)

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1630
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Vaulks is one for the future, play him in this league when he is not ready could hit his confidence a lot which is no good for him or us.Needs a season in the NL

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:33 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Vaulks is one for the future, play him in this league when he is not ready could hit his confidence a lot which is no good for him or us.Needs a season in the NL

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Wonder what not getting picked for Sunderland RCA is doing for his confidence. Might as well be in our reserves.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:46 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Vaulks is one for the future, play him in this league when he is not ready could hit his confidence a lot which is no good for him or us.Needs a season in the NL

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Wonder what not getting picked for Sunderland RCA is doing for his confidence. Might as well be in our reserves.
If he’s not getting game time then he’s been loaned to the wrong club, there’s no point in being loaned out just to warm the bench

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Vaulks is one for the future, play him in this league when he is not ready could hit his confidence a lot which is no good for him or us.Needs a season in the NL

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Wonder what not getting picked for Sunderland RCA is doing for his confidence. Might as well be in our reserves.
If he’s not getting game time then he’s been loaned to the wrong club, there’s no point in being loaned out just to warm the bench
The point being they must have asked for him, but then decided he's not better than those they've got. Doesn't suggest he's the answer to our problems just yet.

Neil Johnson
Posts: 1260
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 am

Collins needs to get FULLY fit, as does Brown.
We now have 2 full backs brought in that can do the business with the right distribution and cover for when they go forward. Heaton and Galbraith may be the best current fit Centre Back combo.
Vaulks seems to be back from RCA, but I suppose may only feature in a 3 centre back scenario, or a sub in the near term. He has potential to become a regular

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Vaulks

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:12 am

if we don't have a centre back on the bench, then Vaulks should be on the bench. For such a crucial position, not to have cover on the bench is a serious mistake.

Post Reply