Monkey hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monkey hangers

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:According to Look North last night, HMRC are due to serve a winding up order on poolie next week for nearly £50k in unpaid taxes. Apparently some of the recently raised £200k could be used to pay off this debt. Not sure if people who donated, expected some of it to go to the taxman.
Approx 85k raised and about 49k will be getting paid to the tax man.

It's just buying time at the minute, which is similar to what we did only we were in Admin already. People donated to save the club, they may well do that or it may be a waste of time and money. It's an on going saga that shows little sign of resolution.
I thought they'd raised most of the 200k target. If more than half of the money raised is paid to the taxman then that's really bad. They'll struggle to raise much if they have another appeal for money. Wasn't most of the money raised being used to pay backdated wages they owed?
Well they raised a decent chunk with player sales and bigger attendance v Wrexham but most of this paid the wages on the 25th Jan (Not part of the funding page a supporter set up). They will have the same issue in Feb and then March unless someone takes over and takes on the finances.

They have no money to see out the seaosn currently, just buying time and avoiding admin.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:51 am

Look North also said that they urged anybody with an interest in saving/investing in poolie, to get in touch with them asap. Smacks of desperation, I'm sure that any interested parties would already have been in touch with the club.

I watch the Vanarama highlights on BT sport and I've noticed that Macclesfield's ground looks empty for most of their games, so I'm not surprised they're struggling financially. At least there's plenty of money in and around Macclesfield, so that may save them.

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Here's a copy and paste off the bunker.
It just goes to show what can happen if the wrong person gets hold of a football club, but I think we all know that !!

So here's what I've been told about the whole Coxall, Watson, Duxbury situation. It's an absolute mess.

Coxall wanted to buy a football club. He spoke to an AGENT (Paul Watson) who helped broker the deal. Watson then wormed his way in to a job at the club as a consultant and they've given him the job title head of recruitment BUT actually he's pretty much making all the decisions there.

Not only has he had a massive conflict of interest I.e signing players from his own agency to the club and taking agency fees for doing so but he's also pissed players off by trying to poach them from their agents and actually stopped a few of them getting moves. I hear Nathan Thomas and Billy Paynter despise him for meddling in their interests without authority or permission from either of their agents. Also I'm hearing that a number of agents refuse to let any of their clients sign for Pools until he's gone because they'll have another agent trying to tap up their players all day long.

Anyway, Coxall has allegedly been up to no good and we might hear something about that this week. But even though he'll be rightly vilified they'll make out he acted alone, but the buck doesn't stop with just him.

Watson allegedly saw Coxall coming and he's had his pants down. When the pair of them ran the club in to s***. Watson then got the CEO of the agency he's working for (Pam Duxbury) in on another massive salary. Coxall allowed it!

So Watson, not intent on bringing a bad business man to the table, takes a salary, get his mate Pam a salary and is now tasked with the job of finding another investor. The job he did so badly in the first place.

I've been told that it's effectively against FA rules to work as an agent and work for a club which is why he's down as a consultant. And that's why Pam has stepped down from the CEO role at the agency so she could take up the official role as CEO at Pools.

If this guy is as rotten as I'm being told he is. Why don't we just report him to the FA and ask them to investigate his role in things? Could we as fans or the supporters trust do this? We need rid of parasites like this. He sounds toxic and bad for the club. And worse of all, he's allegedly taking money out of our club for himself to do it.

Yes, we're paying somebody to take us for a ride! (Allegedly) (I like the word allegedly).

Oh and also hearing that Pam Duxbury is insisting that she stay on as CEO after any potential take over which is putting investors off because a, she's not very good and b, she's on a huge salary.

The mind boggles.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:43 pm

I wouldn't swap our positions for there's, as Private Fraser would say "we're doomed"

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:02 am

Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:The best part of it is seeing PJPoolie grasping at straws about how good of a businessman Raj Singh is and how he wouldn't fuck them over.

I'll be watching with interest. Deluded fucker.
Agreed - doing everything can to justify his desperate belief that Singh is the saviour.

Apparently we all though Singh was a decent bloke. We did - until he showed his true colours.

Let's not forget "I don't want a penny back" - before declaring his financial contribution as a loan so that he could block the CVA.

If they want to believe Singh is anything but a spiteful, greedy snake then let them - but good businessmen rarely put money into things they won't get a return on. If Singh is as good a businessman as PJ Poolie says he is (which I'm not doubting), he'll only be doing this for one thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And what about the change of managers every 5 minutes Pj?

https://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=4816

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 am

Sussex07 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:The best part of it is seeing PJPoolie grasping at straws about how good of a businessman Raj Singh is and how he wouldn't fuck them over.

I'll be watching with interest. Deluded fucker.
Agreed - doing everything can to justify his desperate belief that Singh is the saviour.

Apparently we all though Singh was a decent bloke. We did - until he showed his true colours.

Let's not forget "I don't want a penny back" - before declaring his financial contribution as a loan so that he could block the CVA.

If they want to believe Singh is anything but a spiteful, greedy snake then let them - but good businessmen rarely put money into things they won't get a return on. If Singh is as good a businessman as PJ Poolie says he is (which I'm not doubting), he'll only be doing this for one thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And what about the change of managers every 5 minutes Pj?

https://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=4816

Comedy Gold - Karma
M I C R A 3

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Who’s had their fingers in the till then.?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Police investigating possible financial irregularities in the club, that's not going to encourage investors to come forward.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Police investigating possible financial irregularities in the club, that's not going to encourage investors to come forward.
Can it get any worse, just shows how brilliantly we, as a club have done to get within one league of them probably with little or no debt.Would not swap places in a million years with the likes of Poolies, Chester, Dagenham and whoever else will be struggling to meet costs any time soon.Nearly forgot, if they fail to go up, add York to the list.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Look North said that there were 2 potential investors still interested in the club. I reckon this news will scare them away.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Spot on Ron. Good job in a way the seats weren't ready last year. Even though it happened the wrong way we dodged a bullet there.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:44 pm

^^ assuming we stop up this year! (but i'm increasingly confident we will).

Not so many smug hangers with "mind the gap" quips. Funny that. The gap is looking an awful lot like being the other way around next season.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Emdubya wrote:Who’s had their fingers in the till then.?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ities-hmrc

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:14 am

They're going to use the majority of the 85k raised by the fans to pay the taxman next month. I don't think fans will be very happy about that, as I thought it was primarily raised to pay the wages of the players and staff? Perhaps PJ can enlighten us?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:38 am

If i was a fan, i don't think i'd be giving them a damned penny. They're just bailing out bad management and bad owners. They'd be better off trying to club together to buy the club, but who knows what the amount required would be.

Realistically, they're going the way of Hereford me thinks. I sincerely hope they get booted all the way to the Northern League as we were.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:They're going to use the majority of the 85k raised by the fans to pay the taxman next month. I don't think fans will be very happy about that, as I thought it was primarily raised to pay the wages of the players and staff? Perhaps PJ can enlighten us?
It's already paid and was completed last night/early this morning I believe.

Police are now called in to investigate the previous running of the club. It seems they don't have the money currently for the wages in February as yet but as I guess this is subject to change.

Some talk around what is the cut off point for Admin and 10 point deduction. If late March it may well be 10 points off next season.

Not sure why anyone would take over at the moment with the possible Fraud issues in the club and the amount owed.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:30 pm

I think they should be more worried about the bank foreclosing on them. They will be well aware of the clubs struggles and now the fans are paying the tax bill I would guess the bank manager will be getting itchy feet too.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Looks like they have been ripped off by Coxhall and this could be the crux behind the police investigation that could be passed onto the fraud squad.Raising invoices for £50k for "consultants fees" aparrently and transfers from HUFC bank account are under scrutiny.Seems they are in big trouble and even the Finance Director Pam Duxbury has not kept the books up to date and questions being asked about her being up to it.Cannot see any investor bailing them out and surely have to enter administration sooner than later.Not that bad after all being a Darlo fan!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Not often I have a good word for HUFC, but their fans have been magnificent in raising cash to pay the HMRC bill for £48k. At least by paying the HMRC directly, fans know that their efforts have gone to address the immediate problem. Trouble is that this is just top of a never-ending list. The HUFC Board cannot keep relying on the fans to bail them out.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:46 pm

jjljks wrote:Not often I have a good word for HUFC, but their fans have been magnificent in raising cash to pay the HMRC bill for £48k. At least by paying the HMRC directly, fans know that their efforts have gone to address the immediate problem. Trouble is that this is just top of a never-ending list. The HUFC Board cannot keep relying on the fans to bail them out.

Change HUFC to any of a number of clubs, and it seems the boards do keep relying on fans to bail them out

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 am

spen666 wrote:
jjljks wrote:Not often I have a good word for HUFC, but their fans have been magnificent in raising cash to pay the HMRC bill for £48k. At least by paying the HMRC directly, fans know that their efforts have gone to address the immediate problem. Trouble is that this is just top of a never-ending list. The HUFC Board cannot keep relying on the fans to bail them out.

Change HUFC to any of a number of clubs, and it seems the boards do keep relying on fans to bail them out
Not wrong there Spen, from Torquay to Chester the same scenario is being played out whilst Premier League clubs are profligate with the profits from TV and ripping off fans. Meanwhile, the FA do nothing to prevent the collapse of English football.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:39 am

jjljks wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Not wrong there Spen, from Torquay to Chester the same scenario is being played out whilst Premier League clubs are profligate with the profits from TV and ripping off fans. Meanwhile, the FA do nothing to prevent the collapse of English football.
Was that a dig at us Spen? Yes we could be included in that list of clubs that needed fans to bail/help them out. But the difference is that we have met all the requests for extra help and the club has now taken steps to reduce costs and increase revenue, to help reduce shortfalls and hopefully reduce the need for fans to dip into their pockets.

The trouble with a lot of clubs that are in a financial mess, is that they have spent money to gamble on getting promoted or to avoid relegation. In poolie's case they gambled on getting promoted back to the FL. Now next season they'll have to go part-time whatever league they will find themselves in and the prospect of getting back into the FL will almost certainly be more remote than ours!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:38 am

I wouldn't think that was a dig from Spen.

We are expected to chip in with money to help, as we the fans have an ownership situation going on with OUR club, and that's what makes our set up good.

If we think the chairman and others are cocking things up we can look at removing them - we play in a good league and by in large live within our means. I mean there's been much talk of this debt of £65,000 which is hanging around but this amount of money is peanuts compared to the problems at Hartlepool and others.

The Pools dilemma is sad, as it's the fans who will ultimately suffer while the money people will inevitably slink back into the shadows.

On another note, was that Stuart? our radio commentator, asking a question about Brexit on Question Time last night?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 am

jjljks wrote:
spen666 wrote:

The collapse of English football? There are now more professional clubs in England than there have ever been in history. I guess the FA could give more money to lower league clubs, but then what? Clubs would spend more on wages and players and still end up going bust.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
The collapse of English football? There are now more professional clubs in England than there have ever been in history. I guess the FA could give more money to lower league clubs, but then what? Clubs would spend more on wages and players and still end up going bust.

The problem at all levels of football is that clubs spend money they do not have chasing a dream that by definition most cannot achieve is there are only so many trophies/ promotion places to be won.

Even where clubs have a Sugar Daddy. ( Thinking like Chelsea or Man City for example or Billericay lower down Salford, Harrogate etc), if or when he pulls out/ goes bust/ gets board those clubs are screwed because they are over reliant on one person.

There should (in an ideal world) be a limit on the % of a club's income that any one donor/ sponsor/ owner can contribute unless it is a gift solely for infrastructure as opposed to boosting playing budget.

Effectively Darlington are operating like this re donors, IE lots of donors IE the fans. If any one donor stops giving, it will only have a small / negligibleeffect on the clubs operations

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:34 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote: On another note, was that Stuart? our radio commentator, asking a question about Brexit on Question Time last night?
Yes it was him.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 pm

spen666 wrote:
Even where clubs have a Sugar Daddy. ( Thinking like Chelsea or Man City for example or Billericay lower down Salford, Harrogate, SPENNYMOOR etc), if or when he pulls out/ goes bust/ gets board those clubs are screwed because they are over reliant on one person.
Corrected for you there Spen :wave:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:04 pm

spen666 wrote:negligibleeffect
Fantastic wording.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Yup... Mr Groves himself says he has chucked a seven-figure sum into his spenny project. Dont think thats been matched by takings in the hospitality tent, advertising boards or over the bar in the club pub.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Hundreds of Spenny fans have all clubbed together to get the ground improvements done in time, as well.

Oh, no - they haven't.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017