Extra security measures for Gray on Saturday.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Extra security measures for Gray on Saturday.

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:33 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I think the way Gray left us and took our best players, we should be able to vent our feelings towards him.
Again, the way he left us was better than us sacking him. And as for taking Ferguson & Bartlett and trying to sign Beck, taking 3 of our highest earners off our hands helped us get back towards a sensible playing budget and we got a transfer fee on top - so again - should we not be pleased with that outcome?
:lol: You make it sound like he did it all for our benefit!

I'm pleased we are now back on some kind of sound footing financially, but it was his demands and dummy-spitting, and taking advantage of an overly-stretched set of directors that got is un that situation in the first place.

Had he not demanded all that extra money and spent it giving contracts to players who hadn't earned them I'm sure we'd be in a better position now than we are.

Not a single 'thank you' on his departure for the fact we gave him a platform to get himself into full-time management.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I think the way Gray left us and took our best players, we should be able to vent our feelings towards him.
Again, the way he left us was better than us sacking him. And as for taking Ferguson & Bartlett and trying to sign Beck, taking 3 of our highest earners off our hands helped us get back towards a sensible playing budget and we got a transfer fee on top - so again - should we not be pleased with that outcome?
The outcome which sees us with a weaker squad and in a relegation battle, you mean?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Beano

Post by Beano » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Totally agree with Makka.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Considering that Gray going has reduced the budget, brought in transfer fees, and we STILL need to raise funds to tide us through the next couple of months, shows that we gave the ferret faced fuck waaayyy too much money to spend - and dare I suggest that if he hadn't have gone when he did, we could be looking at the A word again?

But he didn't go for our benefit though, he went because the well had dried up and he wanted more. Imagine if we tried telling him he was going to have to sell our way back into the black and lose half of his entourage? That would have been tasty.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 pm

Unless we have already got the pitch covered (thanks again those people who brought our asset back from Bishop), then my guess is the pitch will be unplayable, hence the match postponed - in which case, do we still pay for the extra security (which will be unnecessary) :?:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:14 pm

jjljks wrote:Unless we have already got the pitch covered (thanks again those people who brought our asset back from Bishop), then my guess is the pitch will be unplayable, hence the match postponed - in which case, do we still pay for the extra security (which will be unnecessary) :?:
Rain stopping at 6pm tonight, but more heavy rain late tomorrow evening and early on Saturday morning, may make the pitch unplayable. Frost won't be an issue this coming Saturday.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:18 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:
The outcome which sees us with a weaker squad and in a relegation battle, you mean?
Yes, that outcome. It is better than a wage bill that we couldn't sustain and a slightly stronger squad.

I know he took (or tried to take in the case of Beck) our better players for his own benefit, no other reason, but we are better off for it. Financially.
Not going to thank him for it but I don't see the need for such faux outrage.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Surely the best way to get at MG is for the fans to out sing York fans and sing loudly "Tommy Wrights black and white army" as I cant see York fans singing for MG:-)

Up the quakers

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:44 pm

50 years wrote:Surely the best way to get at MG is for the fans to out sing York fans and sing loudly "Tommy Wrights black and white army" as I cant see York fans singing for MG:-)

Up the quakers
I can't see that happening. It was good to meet you yesterday.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:14 pm

I've always had a hunch that this game might be postponed - and played at a time time when the stakes are possibly higher.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:29 pm

The new drainage system should cope shouldn't it, that's why we paid all this money for it to stop postponements... It's gonna be dry from tomorrow afternoon so with a few pitch forks it's should be OK surely ...

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 am

Trying to sign our players after he left is neither here nor there for me, that’s just football.
What pisses me off is the way he left the club. He knows as much as anyone that this club needs money to develop the ground, get on an even keel financially, and to be able to kick on in future. The way he departed the club in effect cost the club tens of thousands of £s, that’s money that’s coming out of my pocket and the pocket of the many other fans who financially contribute to developing the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 am

Ps given York’s very poor performance in the league since MG took over I hope someone takes a laughing stock sign and holds it aloft near the way dugout.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 am

liddle_4_ever wrote:Ps given York’s very poor performance in the league since MG took over I hope someone takes a laughing stock sign and holds it aloft near the way dugout.

Even though our own form is vastly inferior to York's since MG left? If we're talking about poor form, we're much more of a laughing stock than York.

All the build-up seems to be about one man. Yet given our struggles, three points are far more valuable than landing a cutting remark against MG. Speak to some fans and it seems to be the other way round.

No one can change what happened with Gray. It's been, it's happened. We should move on. Evidently a lot of fans have not.

My concern is that the build-up proves to be a distraction and all the animosity detracts from supporting the team.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:29 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:The new drainage system should cope shouldn't it, that's why we paid all this money for it to stop postponements... It's gonna be dry from tomorrow afternoon so with a few pitch forks it's should be OK surely ...
Spen666, can we borrow your pitchfork?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:44 am

If we manage to win this game, the York fans may well give Gray a lot of stick, he does not appear to have bonded with them at all and the jury is still well and truly out on him.The reception he gets will be the usual chorus of boos I would imagine, could have been so different if he left with more respect for the club and what we had achieved through fans fundraising etc rather than slagging the club off regarding the budgets of Salford, Harrogate etc.No sympathy with him whatsoever but we have to focus on the game and must get some sort of a result from this.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Beano

Post by Beano » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Well put, Darlogramps.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Only interested in the game and the result, can't be bothered to get into any pantomime issues with Gray.

I would settle for a draw as 4 out of 9 points over this period isn't too bad but we do need to get some wins in our home games as our away form is so poor with no wins since opening day.

Gray is a side show compared to the challenges we have to move up the table.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Well at least Gary Brown is looking forward to meeting Gray again on Saturday.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Yeah, forget about Gray. What would be good is if we can manage to get a lead and hold onto it for a period of time because the York fans don't seem to be too keen on their new boss and they may well turn on him and the team if they are playing crap. That would help our cause. But we'll have to do a far better job in getting the ball to Styche in the right positions than we managed at Harrogate. I've no interest in the Gray issue whatsoever, just the points that are at stake.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Well at least Gary Brown is looking forward to meeting Gray again on Saturday.
A bit in the echo this morning from Browny about Gray wanting to get back into the football league with us, loved the club with a passion.....but the £££££££'s must have led to a 360 degree turn.Can fully understand players having respect for him with the 3 promotions but I heard a rumour about several players ignoring him when he said his farewells.Anyway we move on and let's get the 3 points tomorrow, far more important than issues with MG.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Even though our own form is vastly inferior to York's since MG left? If we're talking about poor form, we're much more of a laughing stock than York.
What's our own form got to do with how Gray is doing at York? No one is denying that our form is utter turd at the moment - but our poor form doesn't mean York's form is good.

Their form IS poor - before they played Ferriby twice (who are literally a pub team who anyone - apart from us of course - can beat) they were W3 D2 L4 under Gray.

That's fucking shocking. They're full time pro, remember.

Even the 5-2-4 which they now are, thanks to the Ferriby double header, is in no way acceptable for a full time professional club with gates of 3,000 and a £1 million budget - up against part time clubs in a regional non league.

When Mills was sacked, their form was actually slightly better than it has been under Gray. Gray was supposed to come in and turn it around. All he has done is sign 10+ players, doubled the management with his entourage, and has improved nothing.

I'm so desperate for us to win on Saturday because we desperately need the 3 points first and foremost, but if we can stick another nail in Gray's coffin, then :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:09 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Well at least Gary Brown is looking forward to meeting Gray again on Saturday.
A bit in the echo this morning from Browny about Gray wanting to get back into the football league with us, loved the club with a passion.....but the £££££££'s must have led to a 360 degree turn.Can fully understand players having respect for him with the 3 promotions but I heard a rumour about several players ignoring him when he said his farewells.Anyway we move on and let's get the 3 points tomorrow, far more important than issues with MG.

Loved the club with a passion? Yeah, while the going was good and he had an enviable budget.

But he just "didn't get" that we were in no way set up right now to go full time. He just seemed to think that if he kept on telling everyone that his ambition was to take Darlo back to where they belong and to be full time with us, that somehow we'd continue to be able to finance the ever bigger budgetary demands. That was never going to happen.

We'd desperately overstretched ourselves financially by trying to keep him in close season, and he fucked off as soon as he realised his squad was average and there was no money left.

He had good times for 5 years - but a great manager proves himself by getting results when times are tough and money is short.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:14 pm

The point is we're hardly in a position to say York's form is a laughing stock (which is what was suggested earlier) when our own form is much worse. You're being wilfully ignorant if you don't recognise that.

If York's is a laughing stock, what the hell must anyone think of ours?

And as I've said, getting het up about York and Martin Gray is such a waste of time. It's a distraction that will lead to us losing the game if we're not careful.

Focus on the three points, come up with a gameplan to frustrate them and then take satisfaction from beating them. Not from trying to wind up Martin Gray.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Darlogramps wrote:The point is we're hardly in a position to say York's form is a laughing stock (which is what was suggested earlier) when our own form is much worse. You're being wilfully ignorant if you don't recognise that.
It is a laughing stock, considering their financial means and staure. We don't need to be in any particular position ourselves - good or bad - to say that.
If York's is a laughing stock, what the hell must anyone think of ours?
They will probably think that it is terrible and rightly so. But so what? It is.

Their form is not very good, and that was the point being made.
And as I've said, getting het up about York and Martin Gray is such a waste of time. It's a distraction that will lead to us losing the game if we're not careful.

Focus on the three points, come up with a gameplan to frustrate them and then take satisfaction from beating them. Not from trying to wind up Martin Gray.

To be fair, we're more likely to lose the game because we're fucking clueless, but yeah I get your point about wasting energy on Gray.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:25 pm

I hope the fans aren't side tracked by the Gray issue and concentrate on the footie instead. Wouldn't it be great if we were winning and the York fans started to sing Gray out, I'm sure the Darlo fans would join in with the song?

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:Ps given York’s very poor performance in the league since MG took over I hope someone takes a laughing stock sign and holds it aloft near the way dugout.

Even though our own form is vastly inferior to York's since MG left? If we're talking about poor form, we're much more of a laughing stock than York.
Our poor performance this season is associated with MG. York’s underperformance is also down to MG. As a full time club with the budget they have York should be expected to have a significantly better form than us.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:05 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Our poor performance this season is associated with MG. York’s underperformance is also down to MG. As a full time club with the budget they have York should be expected to have a significantly better form than us.

Our performance is also associated with inept displays from our players and a lack of coherence in ideas from an unconvincing Tommy Wright.

Can't keep pointing the finger at Gray, no matter how reassured it makes you feel.

And York's form is signficantly better than ours. As is the form of most clubs in the division.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:39 pm

Fuck Gray, Fuck his Cronies, Fuck York City...

Thanks for the 3 Promotions Martin, you had your time, when the going got tough, he bailed and fucked off...

The whole security thing around him is ridiculous, if anyone wants to attack him, fuck them too, they aren't true Darlo fans...

I will be there giving him stick, from the stands, all I care about is Wright getting the tactics right and the best way to stick it to Martin Gray is Darlington coming away with 3 ponts, which given our form, is a massive ask...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:12 am

Game will be off anyways.