Attendances

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Attendances

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Seen a load of talk on Twitter/Facebook today about the club reaching out to schools/colleges in regards to free/cheap tickets for the students there.

How about reaching out to some of the bigger companies in the town too? Student Loans/EE/Cummins/Aldi Warehouse etc all employ several thousands in this town between them, would it not be worthwhile chasing it up with these businesses with an incentive to those staff with a option of a cheap ticket or 2 for a couple of games in January/February instead of the usual 'Bring a Friend' incentive we apply EVERY game.

Say £10 a ticket for anyone showing proof of their work. Sure majority of fans would rather see the ground full with people than 1/3 full.

Just throwing it out there, anyone else got any ideas maybe..

lo36789

Re: Attendances

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:13 pm

I don't understand why we would limit it to employees of those companies. If we are going with a £10 offer over the festive period then might as well offer to all adults (employed or unemployed) in the town rather than just those who work for certain companies.

If the company themselves were to sub us something or make a contribution towards the discount and offered it as a staff incentive that would be slightly different proposition.

Only thing I can really think is have a prize draw - not sure what the prize could be but people should be 'around' over the Xmas period so it's an opportunity to sell it as a locally focussed competition. We have a number of partners in town what if we almost created 'A year of dining out' prize. If we found 12 restaurants in town and basically said you are automatically entered into a prize draw if you attend a game over 'x period' to win a meal for two at each restaurant to use in 2018 (theory being you could go to one a month).

Given the advertising etc. offered would we even have to pay for the prize and even if we did feels like it could be worth a gamble?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm

AndyPark wrote:Seen a load of talk on Twitter/Facebook today about the club reaching out to schools/colleges in regards to free/cheap tickets for the students there.

How about reaching out to some of the bigger companies in the town too? Student Loans/EE/Cummins/Aldi Warehouse etc all employ several thousands in this town between them, would it not be worthwhile chasing it up with these businesses with an incentive to those staff with a option of a cheap ticket or 2 for a couple of games in January/February instead of the usual 'Bring a Friend' incentive we apply EVERY game.

Say £10 a ticket for anyone showing proof of their work. Sure majority of fans would rather see the ground full with people than 1/3 full.

Just throwing it out there, anyone else got any ideas maybe..
Andy you could add to that list of large employers Capita, Amec and Darlington BC. I agree this kind of offer should be offered to all companies and employees. It could also be extended to businesses outside of Darlington.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 pm

The more it's pushed out to firms, big or small - The more chance of an increased attendances at home.

But we should be seizing this chance with such big companies in the town, we need to be capitalizing on the potential in these places.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Then stop procrastinating and start doing

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:27 pm

divas wrote:Then stop procrastinating and start doing
Positive the club employs someone to do this, shouldn't be up to me to be doing that job.

Myself and others have come up with plenty of ideas that could be tried over the coming months, now it's up to the club to decide whether they wanna act upon those ideas.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Spot on

divas

Post by divas » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Positive the club employs someone to do this, shouldn't be up to me to be doing that job.

Myself and others have come up with plenty of ideas that could be tried over the coming months, now it's up to the club to decide whether they wanna act upon those ideas.
I've got news for you, i'm positive they don't.

Anyone can cone up with "ideas" on here but who is supposed to execute them. At the very least you need to be engaging with someone who can take them forwards, ideally you would speak to one of the board and get delegated responsibility if there isn't capacity to do this.

DARLO333

Post by DARLO333 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Maybe it would be a start if the matchday posters were displayed in these places (I'm assuming they aren't already) ? If contacts in any of these places came forward could posters be emailed out maybe ?

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 pm

All it needs is one fan in these big companies to contact me for posters to be supplied and then to be put up, surely a small ask but a big help to to advertise the club ?
Its called "doing my bit" :thumbup:

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 pm

DARLO333 wrote:Maybe it would be a start if the matchday posters were displayed in these places (I'm assuming they aren't already) ? If contacts in any of these places came forward could posters be emailed out maybe ?
They can be downloaded from DFCSG website and have been available to collect from quaker retail and fans table for past 5 seasons. Names of businesses displaying posters are mentioned in the programme so let DFCSG know where you display them