You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 1:27 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10667
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
He's brought this all upon himself and therefore deserves no sympathy. I've heard that when York play at BM at the start of January, the area around the York dugout is going to be cordoned off, to protect Gray from Darlo fans.

No sympathy Pete, has brought all this aggro on himself with his attitude towards our club, if he had used his brains and left with respect for Darlo things would be so different.Anyway its Xmas Pete, are you doing Turkey and Ham tomorrow.?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Nope no turkey and ham pies this year. Cooked Pork, Lamb and Turkey is going in shortly, with 9 veg tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1345
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
He's brought this all upon himself and therefore deserves no sympathy. I've heard that when York play at BM at the start of January, the area around the York dugout is going to be cordoned off, to protect Gray from Darlo fans.

No sympathy Pete, has brought all this aggro on himself with his attitude towards our club, if he had used his brains and left with respect for Darlo things would be so different.Anyway its Xmas Pete, are you doing Turkey and Ham tomorrow.?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Nope no turkey and ham pies this year. Cooked Pork, Lamb and Turkey is going in shortly, with 9 veg tomorrow.

3 meats and 9 veg, wow that is pretty impressive, will be tricky getting your timings right with that lot, good luck Pete.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5586
Team Supported: Darlington
By 9 veg he means 3 potatoes, 3 carrots and 3 Brussel sprouts to feed his family!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Hereford
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
He's brought this all upon himself and therefore deserves no sympathy. I've heard that when York play at BM at the start of January, the area around the York dugout is going to be cordoned off, to protect Gray from Darlo fans.

No guarantee cordoned off dugout will be needed Pete.
York play the abysmal North Ferriby twice over Xmas, New Year. Anything other than resounding victories and Gray will be sacked.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10667
Team Supported: Darlington
banktopp wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
He's brought this all upon himself and therefore deserves no sympathy. I've heard that when York play at BM at the start of January, the area around the York dugout is going to be cordoned off, to protect Gray from Darlo fans.

No guarantee cordoned off dugout will be needed Pete.
York play the abysmal North Ferriby twice over Xmas, New Year. Anything other than resounding victories and Gray will be sacked.


That would be a late Christmas present if he gets the sack. Hopefully North Ferriby will be fighting for every point, in a bid to stay up.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2166
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
He's brought this all upon himself and therefore deserves no sympathy. I've heard that when York play at BM at the start of January, the area around the York dugout is going to be cordoned off, to protect Gray from Darlo fans.

No guarantee cordoned off dugout will be needed Pete.
York play the abysmal North Ferriby twice over Xmas, New Year. Anything other than resounding victories and Gray will be sacked.


That would be a late Christmas present if he gets the sack. Hopefully North Ferriby will be fighting for every point, in a bid to stay up.

Too late for that Pete I'm afraid they are gone already , it would be a Christmas miracle for them to stay up the position they are in....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1137
Team Supported: Darlington
We need a favour from them tomorrow at Telford.
Also, MG has stopped doing interviews. Wonder if this a PR thing, as Dave Penney is more relatable to people.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1345
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
We need a favour from them tomorrow at Telford.
Also, MG has stopped doing interviews. Wonder if this a PR thing, as Dave Penney is more relatable to people.

The interrogations got too much for him Adam.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 195
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W
Team Supported: Darlington FC
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
We need a favour from them tomorrow at Telford.
Also, MG has stopped doing interviews. Wonder if this a PR thing, as Dave Penney is more relatable to people.

The interrogations got too much for him Adam.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

‘Well Martin, only one point against a poor side. You must be disappointed?’
‘Not at all... getting a point at North Ferriby is a good return. They’ll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, mark my words..’

Maybe he knows the old ‘this club can’t get any higher without proper outside investment’ line won’t wash with BBC York like it did with our Ray


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3820
Team Supported: Darlington
Intriguing how the usual suspects have kept quiet about York's recent form.

We got an update on every defeat, but now York have won four in a row, people have moved on to Gray's abrupt interview style.

Some people have never quite got over Gray leaving us for another club.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1426
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Intriguing how the usual suspects have kept quiet about York's recent form.

We got an update on every defeat, but now York have won four in a row, people have moved on to Gray's abrupt interview style.

Some people have never quite got over Gray leaving us for another club.


I think its more in the way he left the club that upset people not the fact that he went to another club.

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3820
Team Supported: Darlington
poppyfield wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Intriguing how the usual suspects have kept quiet about York's recent form.

We got an update on every defeat, but now York have won four in a row, people have moved on to Gray's abrupt interview style.

Some people have never quite got over Gray leaving us for another club.


I think its more in the way he left the club that upset people not the fact that he went to another club.


Doesn't matter - it's been, it's gone, it's happened. We've got bigger concerns than whether Martin Gray is giving interviews to Radio York.

But the same people are obsessing themselves over every move Gray makes and every result York get. It's weird.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 195
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W
Team Supported: Darlington FC
Darlogramps wrote:
Intriguing how the usual suspects have kept quiet about York's recent form.

We got an update on every defeat, but now York have won four in a row, people have moved on to Gray's abrupt interview style.

Some people have never quite got over Gray leaving us for another club.

Point taken Martin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3820
Team Supported: Darlington
grimsbyquaker wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Intriguing how the usual suspects have kept quiet about York's recent form.

We got an update on every defeat, but now York have won four in a row, people have moved on to Gray's abrupt interview style.

Some people have never quite got over Gray leaving us for another club.

Point taken Martin


Thank you for proving my point. You've got Martin Gray on the brain.

Most of us moved on from everything that happened. Evidently, you remain embittered.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10667
Team Supported: Darlington
I've no time for Gray. i'm sure there recent form is just a blip and I look forward to meeting York again next season, with TW still at the helm.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11007
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I've no time for Gray. i'm sure there recent form is just a blip and I look forward to meeting York again next season, with TW still at the helm.

Translated as...

York getting promoted and Darlington getting relegated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10667
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I've no time for Gray. i'm sure there recent form is just a blip and I look forward to meeting York again next season, with TW still at the helm.

Translated as...

York getting promoted and Darlington getting relegated.


Andy do you seriously think there will be 2 divisions between us and York at the start of next season?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 735
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I've no time for Gray. i'm sure there recent form is just a blip and I look forward to meeting York again next season, with TW still at the helm.

Translated as...

York getting promoted and Darlington getting relegated.


Andy do you seriously think there will be 2 divisions between us and York at the start of next season?


Pete I'm preparing for the worst. At the moment this scenario is a real possibility.

_________________
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11007
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I've no time for Gray. i'm sure there recent form is just a blip and I look forward to meeting York again next season, with TW still at the helm.

Translated as...

York getting promoted and Darlington getting relegated.


Andy do you seriously think there will be 2 divisions between us and York at the start of next season?

On current form. 100% yes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Posts: 1678
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm having a weird night. I just agreed with spen, now I agree with Andy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 442
Team Supported: Darlington
York 4.1up at Telford.MG doing us some good then.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2166
Team Supported: Darlington
5-1 now


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 1345
Team Supported: Darlington
5-3

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11007
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Does anyone else actually give a flying fuck about York?

I'm not arsed how they're doing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4904
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Does anyone else actually give a flying fuck about York?

I'm not arsed how they're doing.


Yes tonight I do, as we need them to beat Telford who are just above us.

I don't care what they do other than that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 327
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Does anyone else actually give a flying fuck about York?


Only when they’re beating one of our relegation rivals, in the same way I suddenly become interested in Bradford PA’s results or Brackley’s results or anyone else’s depending on their opposition. Rest of the time? Nah, don’t give a toss.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 442
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Does anyone else actually give a flying fuck about York?

I'm not arsed how they're doing.


Yes tonight I do, as we need them to beat Telford who are just above us.

I don't care what they do other than that.

This^


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3820
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Does anyone else actually give a flying fuck about York?

I'm not arsed how they're doing.
Look at this thread. There are still plenty of weird obsessives who can't get over Gray's departure.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1137
Team Supported: Darlington
This one's for you Gramps. Think of it as a late Christmas present. Something to cheer you up during our relegation struggle.

https://t.co/pyFy65mk6I


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: York watch....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3820
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
This one's for you Gramps. Think of it as a late Christmas present. Something to cheer you up during our relegation struggle.

https://t.co/pyFy65mk6I
If I want to do that, I just look at Tommy Wright's managerial record.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group