Investment

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Investment

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Feethams was an embarrassment at the end. Parts of the tinshed had to be roped off as the terrace steps were a health and safety hazard. The bog floor was covered in urine. What is the point about talking about Feethams, it's no longer an option.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 pm

There was some rather unfortunate rumours at the time about a certain former chairman as to how the Tin Shed steps became damaged. :shh:

Also my memories of the last few years at Feethams weren't particularly rosy, in fact as I recall after 1999/00 and Hodgy's (second) departure we descended into abject mediocrity.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm

I think it's natural for fans to speculate regarding the ground and any future plans for the Football League (if that ever happens).

At the moment however, I do not feel as though we have a 'ground problem'. We are within a very short distance of ensuring that we have the necessary amount of covered seats to be promoted from this league. Any future terracing, I.E, from the tin shed to the pipe exclusion zone, or 66% of the open end, will benefit the matchday experience whilst increasing the overall capacity.

There seems to be talk about happily developing the open end/the side with an existing stand, although it would certainly be interesting to find out the Rugby clubs take on developing the club-house side. This side, similar to the tin-shed, is virtually clear of the pipe zone. Do I expect this to cost a lot of money? Of course, there's already an existing structure in place, but development of an all seated stand and club-house along that side as a shared facility would set us up nicely with a ground fit for the FL - ambitious but you have to hope!

David Johnston did mention on the NetCafe regarding the ground and NDA's being in place, although if memory services me right, this was with a view to announcing plans at a fans-forum, potentially before the end of the year. I'm sure this would be welcomed if we had a plan or vision in place.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 pm

divas wrote: It's like me worrying which colour Ferrari I'm gonna buy when I win the lottery.

Red. Nothing else is acceptable.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
tezza wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
tezza wrote:Some people just keep going over the same old things time and time and time .. again.

If they are that knowledgeable and confident with their proposal, would it not seem more objective to get themselves to a position, whereby they might be able to put into effect their well thought out plans.
I have.
Sure .... and suggested the Arena ...behave man, a while back it was "I do not have the time, i am to far away"
Firstly, my arena comment was a joke, read it properly ffs!!

Secondly, I have never said I'm too far away, I don't live away, I live local so wrong person

Thirdly, I have contacted the club and a member of the DFCSG board about offering my help.

Try again....
You sure??

I am sure they will take up your kind offer, though i doubt it will be on redeveloping the existing ground.

Cash flow, our Landlords consent, not to mention DBC will all be factors that initiate the rate of development .. oh and of course the dreaded pipe.

This is not the blank canvas some assume, and the limited resource of the board , right now do not want the grandiose plans being muted.

Except in the minds of a few we DO NOT have an immediate ground problem that is not being addressed ..... ffs, as you say.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:33 pm

tezza wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
tezza wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
tezza wrote:Some people just keep going over the same old things time and time and time .. again.

If they are that knowledgeable and confident with their proposal, would it not seem more objective to get themselves to a position, whereby they might be able to put into effect their well thought out plans.
I have.
Sure .... and suggested the Arena ...behave man, a while back it was "I do not have the time, i am to far away"

Secondly, I have never said I'm too far away, I don't live away, I live local so wrong person

Thirdly, I have contacted the club and a member of the DFCSG board about offering my help.

Try again....
You sure??

I am sure they will take up your kind offer, though i doubt it will be on redeveloping the existing ground.

Cash flow, our Landlords consent, not to mention DBC will all be factors that initiate the rate of development .. oh and of course the dreaded pipe.

This is not the blank canvas some assume, and the limited resource of the board , right now do not want the grandiose plans being muted.

Except in the minds of a few we DO NOT have an immediate ground problem that is not being addressed ..... ffs, as you say.
Yeah I'm quite sure, I've already attended one DFCSG board meeting....

I'm not there because I have opinions on our ground issue, although if they want to hear me I'll give it... I'm there because I want to help and I'm willing to back up my opinions and ideas... in any way I can... we're constantly hearing to put up or shut up from certain fans, so I'm putting up!

I posted on here a while back that I have experience managing administrators and information management... I was told on here that wasn't of any use, that what we needed are Directors and high level personnel... thankfully the board of DFCSG saw some value in my experience and my willingness to offer my time. I'm very grateful to have been invited along to a meeting and I hope I can help... I'm sure that poster on here, a regular poster, volunteers regularly to offer strategic direction... probably not eh...?

I assume you've offered your time in the past have you? Fair play if you have....

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:11 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:I posted on here a while back that I have experience managing administrators and information management... I was told on here that wasn't of any use, that what we needed are Directors and high level personnel...
Who said that - surprised that a post on here would put you off volunteering - surely you'd have thought that the best place to validate such information would have been with the DFCSG who keep asking for volunteers.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 am

Try again....[/quote]

You sure??

Except in the minds of a few we DO NOT have an immediate ground problem that is not being addressed ..... ffs, as you say.[/quote]

I'm not there because I have opinions on our ground issue, although if they want to hear me I'll give it... I'm there because I want to help and I'm willing to back up my opinions and ideas... in any way I can... we're constantly hearing to put up or shut up from certain fans, so I'm putting up!

I posted on here a while back that I have experience managing administrators and information management... I was told on here that wasn't of any use, that what we needed are Directors and high level personnel... thankfully the board of DFCSG saw some value in my experience and my willingness to offer my time. I'm very grateful to have been invited along to a meeting and I hope I can help... I'm sure that poster on here, a regular poster, volunteers regularly to offer strategic direction... probably not eh...?

I assume you've offered your time in the past have you? Fair play if you have....[/quote]

Unlike you I do not have the luxury of time on my hands, yet.

I have contributed in other ways, as well invested on every pitch and ad hoc appeals.

I now guess you will be seeking election to the DFCSG Board on 16th Nov.
Where we may even bump into each other.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:35 am

lo36789 wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:I posted on here a while back that I have experience managing administrators and information management... I was told on here that wasn't of any use, that what we needed are Directors and high level personnel...
Who said that - surprised that a post on here would put you off volunteering - surely you'd have thought that the best place to validate such information would have been with the DFCSG who keep asking for volunteers.
It didn't put me off and I did contact DFCSG with a view to getting involved

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:37 am

tezza wrote:Firstly, my arena comment was a joke, read it properly ffs!!

Try again....
You sure??

Except in the minds of a few we DO NOT have an immediate ground problem that is not being addressed ..... ffs, as you say.[/quote]

I assume you've offered your time in the past have you? Fair play if you have....[/quote]

Unlike you I do not have the luxury of time on my hands, yet.

I have contributed in other ways, as well invested on every pitch and ad hoc appeals.

I now guess you will be seeking election to the DFCSG Board on 16th Nov.
Where we may even bump into each other.[/quote]

I don't have much time on my hands, between work and a 5 month old baby... possibly yes, I don't know what the process is so I'll have to look into it...

Munro

Post by Munro » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:23 pm

It very much seems, you guys are split on the idea of investment.What comes through in the posts are the passion and commitment you all have for the future success of the club.If everyone who posted on here in the last few days donated what they could afford to the Raise the Roof campaign you would soon achieve your goal.I wish you all good luck with your continued efforts.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Munro wrote:It very much seems, you guys are split on the idea of investment.What comes through in the posts are the passion and commitment you all have for the future success of the club.If everyone who posted on here in the last few days donated what they could afford to the Raise the Roof campaign you would soon achieve your goal.I wish you all good luck with your continued efforts.
You have won the Knob of the month prize .. now fo

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:30 pm

tezza wrote:
Munro wrote:It very much seems, you guys are split on the idea of investment.What comes through in the posts are the passion and commitment you all have for the future success of the club.If everyone who posted on here in the last few days donated what they could afford to the Raise the Roof campaign you would soon achieve your goal.I wish you all good luck with your continued efforts.
Think you need to take a look in the mirror :crazy:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:35 pm

tezza wrote:
That's not being very friendly. Don't worry Munro, must of us are not like Tezza. If you are genuine in what you say, then I'm sure you would get a friendly reception from most of the posters on here.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:31 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
tezza wrote:
That's not being very friendly. Don't worry Munro, must of us are not like Tezza. If you are genuine in what you say, then I'm sure you would get a friendly reception from most of the posters on here.
:lol: serious investor put off by messageboard poster doesn't bode well for resilience for the future does it Pete?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:41 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
tezza wrote:
:lol: serious investor put off by messageboard poster doesn't bode well for resilience for the future does it Pete?
I agree with that. If there are any serious potential investors out there and I believe there could be, then advertising your interest on this MB is probably not the most sensible course of action to take. Anybody can post something on here, even opposition fans up for causing mischief. I'm sure that if there are some potential investors out there, then get in touch with the club, as I am sure they would be interested in what you have to say and offer.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
tezza wrote:

So ... you really think this guy is a potential serious investor? Dear oh dear

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:17 pm

tezza wrote:
loan_star wrote:
tezza wrote:

Pete thought that mentally ill scruff-bag Ted Forster was a serious investor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 am

tezza wrote:
loan_star wrote:
tezza wrote:

I dont actually but there was no need for your attitude towards him. And if he was genuine, twattish comments like yours wouldnt exactly encourage him.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:48 pm

So ... you really think this guy is a potential serious investor? Dear oh dear[/quote]

I dont actually but there was no need for your attitude towards him. And if he was genuine, twattish comments like yours wouldnt exactly encourage him.[/quote]

I am glad we are agreed on that.

His comment was carefully timed to maximise damage to the launch of the latest pitch.

People like that know exactly what they are doing, with the sole intention of undermining the club, its fans and the board.

Where it is so obvious that it is a complete charade then I feel justified making comments you regard as "twattish"

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:08 pm

tezza wrote:
His comment was carefully timed to maximise damage to the launch of the latest pitch.

People like that know exactly what they are doing, with the sole intention of undermining the club, its fans and the board.
Totally agreed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017