Tommy Wright with Alan White as assistant

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Re: Tommy Wright with Alan White as assistant

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:54 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:It would be more sensible to have a network of people they trust in different regions rather than a set 'scout'.

I am really confused about Wright anyway. Had he given up a full time job to relocate for a part time job?
Does it really matter if he has left a full time position, he is here now, wants this job with a passion, that will do for me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Ron....bang on as usual. What is it with some people on here? The guy’s seat isn’t even warm. Now there’s questions about bloody scouting, him going to a part time club, him not having an army of coaches for this and that... and whether Brad Groves might be a bit upset. He’s a grown man and clearly both he and the club are comfortable with the set up. We’re barely 24 hours in FCS
Last edited by grimsbyquaker on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Trike1 wrote:I really hope we haven't done the same as Martin Gray otherwise we are no better and all the bad feeling everyone had should be ashamed.

Not over whelmed with this but support tge guys as normal
Think there's a lot of sanctimony on the Spennymoor side.

Yes we should have called Spennymoor and Brad Groves as a courtesy.

However, in bitching about it in public, Groves is being tremendously unprofessional. Would have been much better for him to have called David Johnston to ask what was going on and resolve it that way. It's not like the two don't know each other.....

It's almost as if Groves is deliberately trying to whip up anti-Darlo feeling.

And White was a relatively junior member of their coaching staff who they were prepared to let go anyway.
How do you know they were prepared to let White go?
Because I know for a fact Ainsley agreed to it. White rang Ainsley, who in turn told Groves.

Put it this way, if Spennymoor had wanted him to stay, they'd have made life much more difficult for us.

White wasn't a major figure at Spenny so it's not the end of the world to them.
It still needs to be done in the right manner regardless it's only right..

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:01 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:It would be more sensible to have a network of people they trust in different regions rather than a set 'scout'.

I am really confused about Wright anyway. Had he given up a full time job to relocate for a part time job?
Does it really matter if he has left a full time position, he is here now, wants this job with a passion, that will do for me.

Ron....bang on as usual. What is it with some people on here? The guy’s seat isn’t even warm. Now there’s questions about bloody scouting and him going to a part time club. He’s a grown man and clearly both he and the club are comfortable with the set up
Exactly Nick, well put.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Ooh is it a good appointment? Some of the Nuneaton fans don’t are glad he’s gone. Ohhh dear, we haven’t got a goalkeeping coach. OMG how will we scout players from County Durham if the manager is based in the midlands? Honestly?? Come on men!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Be honest it was clearly inquisitive the rest isn't people moaning it is people just throwing out a question rather than anything. I am not sure a football message board is the right place for you if you just want multiple people to just post "Tommy wright wright wright" over and over again.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:21 pm

He has been appointed as our manager by our board after a rigorous interview process and not some Mike Ashley style booze session. Let’s just give him and them a bit more credit. I would expect people to chant Tommy Wright Wright Wright over and over again, quite right

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:32 pm

If it was Donald Trump who had been appointed, I would still give him a chance to prove that he is the man to do the job. Not much time for the new management team to affect the result so perhaps some thanks and credit to the caretakers for keeping our heads up. Well done those who stepped up into the gaps right across the club. Now let's get behind them and ensure that we finish above York City, not necessarily getting into the play-offs but playing some proper football and clean sheets to secure our position in the league thus attracting better crowds.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:54 pm

jjljks wrote:If it was Donald Trump who had been appointed, I would still give him a chance to prove that he is the man to do the job. Not much time for the new management team to affect the result so perhaps some thanks and credit to the caretakers for keeping our heads up. Well done those who stepped up into the gaps right across the club. Now let's get behind them and ensure that we finish above York City, not necessarily getting into the play-offs but playing some proper football and clean sheets to secure our position in the league thus attracting better crowds.
4 points for a win will helpImageImage

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:32 am

TheDenverMan wrote:He isn't half dropping down there like! Joke club. Hope you go bust
You little cutie you :thumbup: You wanting a cuddle?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:15 am

lo36789 wrote:
tezza wrote:Who told you he was going to relocate?

The way i see, it for the present it is a good fit to Have Wright midlands based, Alan White on the doorstep, a real opportunity for them to agree an appropriate structure, that oversees the clubs day to day needs, on and off pitch. Each dependent on the other to take on roles and responsibilities.
Guess my thinking is 2 x training sessions on an evening plus 1 x match is a fair bit of travelling is all especially as it is circa 3/4 hours each way so he'll have to build it in with whatever job he does the rest of the time.
Who says that he has another job?

If this job is his only job then travelling up and down 3-4 times a week shouldn't be a problem

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:26 am

Quakerz wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
tezza wrote:Who told you he was going to relocate?

The way i see, it for the present it is a good fit to Have Wright midlands based, Alan White on the doorstep, a real opportunity for them to agree an appropriate structure, that oversees the clubs day to day needs, on and off pitch. Each dependent on the other to take on roles and responsibilities.
Guess my thinking is 2 x training sessions on an evening plus 1 x match is a fair bit of travelling is all especially as it is circa 3/4 hours each way so he'll have to build it in with whatever job he does the rest of the time.
Who says that he has another job?

If this job is his only job then travelling up and down 3-4 times a week shouldn't be a problem
Exactly, people are over analysing this part time / full time thing yet again. Just because you have part time hours it doesn't mean you have to take a supplementary job. It's not like he's here getting the minimum wage. It wouldn't surprise me if he's on more than he was at Nuneaton and just working less hours.

He won't have had another job whilst he was full-time at Nuneaton so it's not like he's got to be in Nuneaton. I'd be amazed if he didn't relocate here in the next few weeks.

Radar

Post by Radar » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 am

It's well known Nuneaton are a full time outfit with a very low budget. Most of the players are young who have been in the full time game and been released. It's proven to be a decent platform for players to stay in full time training but on compromised wages. Although we are only prt time, out budget will be at least double that of Nuneaton. It is highly likely The manager has hd a significant pay rise and not a pay cut.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:23 am

Good luck to them as our next 2 games are quite tough ones Blyth, Brackley

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:39 am

darlo reborn wrote:Good luck to them as our next 2 games are quite tough ones Blyth, Brackley
They are ALL toughImage

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:12 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Ooh is it a good appointment? Some of the Nuneaton fans don’t are glad he’s gone. Ohhh dear, we haven’t got a goalkeeping coach. OMG how will we scout players from County Durham if the manager is based in the midlands? Honestly?? Come on men!
The Nuneaton chairman described him as the glue that held the club together. I can only presume that Wright will bring more to the table than simple picking a team. Alan White alluded to the fact that Wright had been quite involved in a developing he academy structure at Nuneaton which is something in his favour. Love to see some young players coming through.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Typical BBC no mention of TW's appointment on Look North, not surprised though. :thumbdown:

BruceyNBFC
Team Supported: Nuneaton

Post by BruceyNBFC » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:Thanks very much for paying us compo for a manager that the majority of our fans wanted sacking! Enjoy! 8-)
You came all the way over here and registered just to tell us that. You can just feel the butthurt dripping from this post. Thanks for the extra traffic for this site though. :wave: :mrgreen:
Believe me, there’s no butthurt over here. Only relief. You’ll learn in time.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion on here. However I feel that Wright has the love for the club, that few managers have and I'm sure he'll prove that he can be a very good manager at this level. Only time will tell who is right!!
It was me. I was right.

Again, thanks!

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:36 pm

BruceyNBFC wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:Thanks very much for paying us compo for a manager that the majority of our fans wanted sacking! Enjoy! 8-)
You came all the way over here and registered just to tell us that. You can just feel the butthurt dripping from this post. Thanks for the extra traffic for this site though. :wave: :mrgreen:
Everybody is entitled to their opinion on here. However I feel that Wright has the love for the club, that few managers have and I'm sure he'll prove that he can be a very good manager at this level. Only time will tell who is right!!
It was me. I was right.

Again, thanks!
Buy him back? We'll give you a good price?

BruceyNBFC

Post by BruceyNBFC » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote: You came all the way over here and registered just to tell us that. You can just feel the butthurt dripping from this post. Thanks for the extra traffic for this site though. :wave: :mrgreen:
It was me. I was right.

Again, thanks!
Buy him back? We'll give you a good price?
You’d need to pay us. A lot. Could be a real big one at your place end of the season now. Not that I expect TW to be there.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:36 pm

BruceyNBFC wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote:
It was me. I was right.

Again, thanks!
Did the season end tonight or something? :shock:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

BruceyNBFC

Post by BruceyNBFC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:19 pm

BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote:
And lo, I was proven to be right.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:21 pm

BruceyNBFC wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote:
You sad act. Even if you're right, you lot are terrible, and you're going down regardless of who manages you :lol:

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Quakerz wrote:Welcome to the club Tommy and Alan!
Don't slam the door on your way out!

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:35 pm

H1987 wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote:
You sad act. Even if you're right, you lot are terrible, and you're going down regardless of who manages you :lol:
That really is no consolation for the fact that he was entirely right.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:35 pm

BruceyNBFC wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote:
OK, well done, you were right.

Now what?