Tommy Wright with Alan White as assistant

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tommy Wright with Alan White as assistant

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Brown and Burgess back as centre halves tomorrow? Burgess played in the same Dave Penney team as Tommy and Alan so I wouldn't be surprised if Burgess gets another chance.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Welcome to the club Tommy and Alan!
Same here.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Ron, buzzing at the moment. I'm sure Grimsby Quaker and the Little Soldier are too. At times this week when everyone was turning us down it appeared that we'd have to settle for second best. Wish I could be there tomorrow but give Whitey and Wrighty a cheer from me. Back to the West Ham match.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I remember that game last season against Nuneaton, I welcomed Tommy back to the club and had some great banter with him by the players tunnel. Tommy and Alan will turn round the team. Pleased with these appointments.
I doubt that very much.

Good luck to Wright and White though, they have my full support and I hope they steady the ship before taking it forward when the time comes for more progress!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Same here.

Ron, buzzing at the moment. I'm sure Grimsby Quaker and the Little Soldier are too. At times this week when everyone was turning us down it appeared that we'd have to settle for second best. Wish I could be there tomorrow but give Whitey and Wrighty a cheer from me. Back to the West Ham match.
To be honest Adam I am pretty chuffed with these 2, both love Darlo and both passionate about the club.That is so positive for starters, I am sure Nick will be buzzing and will be at the game tomorrow with the soldier.Really looking forward to it, let's get the 3 points and get our season back on track.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Get Becky fit ,play the game more on the floor interspersed with high ball for Becky , mix it up work at being first to the ball and give the management duo the backing ,I think just maybe we Will Finish top half.
I would be very happy at that after what's happened to D,F,C this early season.. :thumbup: com on Tommy Wright/ Alan White ,onwards and upwards. :)

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Anyone know what Beck's injury is and how long he'll be out for?

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Anyone know what Beck's injury is and how long he'll be out for?
Some kind of knee injury, made worse by Gray constantly playing him when only half fit.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Great if the 1500 or so who have read this thread come tomorrow!!
Good appointment can’t wait until tomorrow.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:00 pm

York signed ex Darlo James Gray from Torquay on loan

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:I hope as a club we went about this in right and professional manner.
not sure. Spennymoor peed off as well by all accounts. Guess that's football,

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 pm

I dont think we'll be invited back to use their ground again judging by brad groves' statement.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Just read Spennymoor statement regarding White, basically saying there was no contact from Darlo very disappointed at the unprofessional way we have conducted our selves considering the way they helped us in the past with the loan of facilities.
Does not look good on our part, if this the case it takes the shine off the appointment for me.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:49 pm

I think the fall-out at nuneaton is due to the way wright handled his departure while the spenny backlash is because of the lack of contact from our club to groves.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:52 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I think the fall-out at nuneaton is due to the way wright handled his departure while the spenny backlash is because of the lack of contact from our club to groves.
We must have contacted somebody, otherwise how would we know about the contractual situation.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Alan white would have told us that and then resigned.

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:28 pm

I really hope we haven't done the same as Martin Gray otherwise we are no better and all the bad feeling everyone had should be ashamed.

Not over whelmed with this but support tge guys as normal

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:43 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I think the fall-out at nuneaton is due to the way wright handled his departure while the spenny backlash is because of the lack of contact from our club to groves.
York sacking their manager after their cup loss has created a domino effect which now Nuneaton and Spennymoor have been brought into - not forgetting of course Gregan and Atkinson 8-)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Same here.

To be honest Adam I am pretty chuffed with these 2, both love Darlo and both passionate about the club.That is so positive for starters, I am sure Nick will be buzzing and will be at the game tomorrow with the soldier.Really looking forward to it, let's get the 3 points and get our season back on track.

Lads. A win-win for me. Wasn’t sure about Wright at first but he has kinda proved himself at this level with other teams away from the NE goldfish bowl. Always loved Alan White as a player and reckon he’ll be a great asset for the management and also the players. Absolutely buzzing up here in East Lothian. Saw the news last night when we arrived. Went to bed relieved we’d found a solution. Having woken up this morning and reflected a bit more I’m more and more pleased with this outcome. Give the lads a cheer for me and Vic. Bless him Quakermass has had a lot to put up with. Hope you both enjoy the game without 90 minutes of interrogation

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:27 am

Dont think these 2 will take any prisoners.....happy with the combo

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:47 am

Trike1 wrote:I really hope we haven't done the same as Martin Gray otherwise we are no better and all the bad feeling everyone had should be ashamed.

Think there's a lot of sanctimony on the Spennymoor side.

Yes we should have called Spennymoor and Brad Groves as a courtesy.

However, in bitching about it in public, Groves is being tremendously unprofessional. Would have been much better for him to have called David Johnston to ask what was going on and resolve it that way. It's not like the two don't know each other.....

It's almost as if Groves is deliberately trying to whip up anti-Darlo feeling.

And White was a relatively junior member of their coaching staff who they were prepared to let go anyway.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:07 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Trike1 wrote:I really hope we haven't done the same as Martin Gray otherwise we are no better and all the bad feeling everyone had should be ashamed.

However, in bitching about it in public, Groves is being tremendously unprofessional. Would have been much better for him to have called David Johnston to ask what was going on and resolve it that way. It's not like the two don't know each other.....

It's almost as if Groves is deliberately tryingto whip up anti-Darlo feeling.

And White was a relatively junior member of their coaching staff who they were prepared to let go anyway.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Correct.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:10 am

Possibly Gramps to deter 1 or 2 Spenny players from joining us? And Alan White wasn't even under contract.
Last edited by Vodka_Vic on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

BruceyNBFC
Team Supported: Nuneaton

Post by BruceyNBFC » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:23 am

Thanks very much for paying us compo for a manager that the majority of our fans wanted sacking! Enjoy! 8-)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 am

If Nuneaton or Spenny want some compensation , then we could offer a friendly at York City! :lol:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:34 am

BruceyNBFC wrote:Thanks very much for paying us compo for a manager that the majority of our fans wanted sacking! Enjoy! 8-)
You came all the way over here and registered just to tell us that. You can just feel the butthurt dripping from this post. Thanks for the extra traffic for this site though. :wave: :mrgreen:

BruceyNBFC
Team Supported: Nuneaton

Post by BruceyNBFC » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 am

H1987 wrote:
BruceyNBFC wrote:Thanks very much for paying us compo for a manager that the majority of our fans wanted sacking! Enjoy! 8-)
You came all the way over here and registered just to tell us that. You can just feel the butthurt dripping from this post. Thanks for the extra traffic for this site though. :wave: :mrgreen:
Believe me, there’s no butthurt over here. Only relief. You’ll learn in time.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:45 am

Wonder where Wright and White will watch today's game? Earlier this season Spennymoor had a game postponed and White came along to watch his Darlo stood in the tinshed right behind the goal. Probably hoping for too much but wouldn't it be great if they did the same today? having said that they'll probably be on the balcony or sat in the stand opposite. Wonder who will lead from the dugout, as Brown should be fit to play today?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:48 am

BruceyNBFC wrote:
H1987 wrote:
Believe me, there’s no butthurt over here. Only relief. You’ll learn in time.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion on here. However I feel that Wright has the love for the club, that few managers have and I'm sure he'll prove that he can be a very good manager at this level. Only time will tell who is right!!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:50 am

Darlogramps wrote:Think there's a lot of sanctimony on the Spennymoor side.

Yeah it seemed unnecessary from Spennymoor's side. Like you say, we should have called as a courtesy, and I hope we do today just to smooth things over, but this minor grievance could have been done behind closed doors.

The Nuneaton situation is a bit more confusing. I hope we've acted in the correct manner. I can understand their chairman being upset after believing Wright was staying on

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:51 am

Darlogramps wrote:

How do you know they were prepared to let White go?