MR TIBBS

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

darlobob
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: standish nr wigan

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by darlobob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 pm

You will be sadly missed. Mr Tibbs condolences to your family... a true Darlo legend.

User avatar
Darlo_H
Posts: 1926
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Darlo_H » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm

A forum regular for as long as I can remember, and certainly one of our best.

Condolences to all who knew him.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

User avatar
MKDarlo
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 pm

That is such awful news. Always such a nice guy on here with lots of good things to add.

TFDM
Posts: 2090
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:32 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by TFDM » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Really sad news.

Always enjoyed his posts on the message board. He came across really well and it was always interesting reading his thoughts on events. I know on a couple of occasions he put his hand in his pocket towards camera equipment when I was on the scrounge as well.

Swapped a few emails with him the past for DFCSG website and a few other things. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

en passant
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by en passant » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 pm

As with many people who post on here, I never knew Mr Tibbs, but had very great respect to for his views which always added information, insight , and sense. A great shock to hear this news, and in the midst of all the apparent turmoil that has been occupying so much attention on here recently, it is sobering to remember that football really isn't a matter of life or death. Very sorry for his family and all who really knew him.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1682
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 pm

I was really shocked to hear such sad news. Wonderful poster, reasoned arguments and funny with it. My condolences to his family, top bloke who will be sorely missed.

tdk1
Posts: 2015
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by tdk1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Awful news. I didnt know him but as a poster on here he was always and without fail measured, good humoured and full of good grace.

ex-exile
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by ex-exile » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Terrible news for someone so young,My condolences to his family, from someone who respected his views.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12190
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 pm

That's tragic news and to pass away at such a young age. Sadly I never met Paul, but I always thought you very much contributed to this MB. Condolences to your family at this sad time.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6128
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by loan_star » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 pm

As others have already said this is such sad news. Thoughts are with his family and friends now.

User avatar
Lincolnshire_Quaker
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Only just picked up this tragic news. I’m absolutely choked and fingers literally feel too numb to type. Paul & I had worked together since the Save Darlo campaign days. What he has done, both publicly and quietly in the background, for this club has been immense. I’ll share more in due course, when I’ve got my head round this news & am back home next week with proper internet access.
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

User avatar
mikkyx
Site Admin
Posts: 3728
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by mikkyx » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Absolutely terrible news, my heart goes out to his family. I didn't have much contact with him, but whenever I had cause to I always found him helpful and nothing too much trouble - mostly involving domain name work for getting the fundraising and future DFCSG projects set up.

The club has a lovely article on him here: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/paul-tate/ and a minute's silence will be observed at the game on Saturday.

Rest in peace, Paul.
Mike Price - @mikkyx
---
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
One fifth of Darlo Fans Radio and one half of the Darlo Radio Football Show

DAFTS
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by DAFTS » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 pm

mikkyx wrote:Absolutely terrible news, my heart goes out to his family. I didn't have much contact with him, but whenever I had cause to I always found him helpful and nothing too much trouble - mostly involving domain name work for getting the fundraising and future DFCSG projects set up.

The club has a lovely article on him here: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/paul-tate/ and a minute's silence will be observed at the game on Saturday.

Rest in peace, Paul.
Very sad news and a loss to the Darlo family. RIP Paul.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

User avatar
QuakerPete
Posts: 1169
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Would like to add my condolences to Paul's family at this terrible news. Darlo has lost a true friend


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by charlie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Shocked, he came across as a lovely bloke RIP MrTibbs already missed. Condolences and respect to his family
@Charliejovi on twitter

Image

quakerfan
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by quakerfan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:21 am

so very sad , not just a sensible and informative poster but also a man who clearly cared about the club and wanted the best for it .
condolences to his family .

quakerfan
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by quakerfan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:21 am

so very sad , not just a sensible and informative poster but also a man who clearly cared about the club and wanted the best for it .
condolences to his family .

Darlofan97
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 am

quakerfan wrote:so very sad , not just a sensible and informative poster but also a man who clearly cared about the club and wanted the best for it .
condolences to his family .
This.

RIP Mr_Tibbs.

Nigel Batches Beard
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:35 am

R.I.P Mr Tibbs

spen666
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:04 am

Sad news both for those who knew him and for the football club.

Reading of all the work he did to help the club, despite living so far away, then what better tribute to him could fansmake than to step up to volunteer to help out the club in the was he did. Distance is no barrier to helping out

SwansQuaker83
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 am

Very sad news... RIP

banktopp
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Hereford

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by banktopp » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 am

Very sad news, sincere condolences to family and friends.
One of the good guys on this forum.

darlostu
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:36 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by darlostu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:51 am

Very sad news, very shocked to hear this.

Had never met Paul but had many email conversations when I was DFCSG Membership Secretary.

As other posters have commented his posts on this forum were informative and balanced together with a great sense of humuor.

He will be sadly missed

User avatar
Hilly
Posts: 6251
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Hilly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm hardly on here nowdays (in fact I can't remember the last time I posted here) but I'd just like to add my condolences like everyone else to Paul's family.

This message board has provided me with a lot of laughs over the years and he formed a major part of that. He'll be a big miss.

RIP.

broadsexile
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by broadsexile » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Very sad news, condolences to his family and all who knew him. RIP.

footifan
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:34 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by footifan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Totally gobsmacked.
Just gotten back from my UK trip...

Paul was a good friend, we kept in touch over the years even though we were other sides of the world.
I knew him through both football & business... When we were both in the UK he often rode with me to away games.

A wonderful guy with a true love of Darlo, always with a smile...

He took on the responsibility of a child with challenges in life, in fact he flew to the UK to pick up some equipment for his boy ... always with a smile.

* Perhaps we could name an award in his name to honour his name & love for the club ?
Perhaps a Volunteers award for service to the club to be awarded annually or any other suggestions to remember his service to the club.?

I know he would not expect that but would really be a good thing to do.
Those that know me know me know I am also an expat, so it would be difficult for me to organise from here but I am happy to get the ball rolling with a donation.
Any Darlo based fan happy to take on the task ?

DaveMc
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:01 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Durrington Wiltshire

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by DaveMc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Very sad news condolences to his family and friends.

User avatar
Lincolnshire_Quaker
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 pm

footifan wrote:Totally gobsmacked.
Just gotten back from my UK trip...

Paul was a good friend, we kept in touch over the years even though we were other sides of the world.
I knew him through both football & business... When we were both in the UK he often rode with me to away games.

A wonderful guy with a true love of Darlo, always with a smile...

He took on the responsibility of a child with challenges in life, in fact he flew to the UK to pick up some equipment for his boy ... always with a smile.

* Perhaps we could name an award in his name to honour his name & love for the club ?
Perhaps a Volunteers award for service to the club to be awarded annually or any other suggestions to remember his service to the club.?

I know he would not expect that but would really be a good thing to do.
Those that know me know me know I am also an expat, so it would be difficult for me to organise from here but I am happy to get the ball rolling with a donation.
Any Darlo based fan happy to take on the task ?
If Paul ever wanted anything in his honour / memory it would be to see his last visionary contribution to the club come to fruition - a fans portal, fully endorsed by the board, & used to further the club’s future as a fan owned entity. It already exists, 90% complete, and I was honoured to be asked by Paul to help with its development earlier this year. I suggest this, not out of sentiment at this tragic time, but as something I believe Paul was firmly on the right track with.
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Lincolnshire_Quaker wrote:
footifan wrote:Totally gobsmacked.
Just gotten back from my UK trip...

Paul was a good friend, we kept in touch over the years even though we were other sides of the world.
I knew him through both football & business... When we were both in the UK he often rode with me to away games.

A wonderful guy with a true love of Darlo, always with a smile...

He took on the responsibility of a child with challenges in life, in fact he flew to the UK to pick up some equipment for his boy ... always with a smile.

* Perhaps we could name an award in his name to honour his name & love for the club ?
Perhaps a Volunteers award for service to the club to be awarded annually or any other suggestions to remember his service to the club.?

I know he would not expect that but would really be a good thing to do.
Those that know me know me know I am also an expat, so it would be difficult for me to organise from here but I am happy to get the ball rolling with a donation.
Any Darlo based fan happy to take on the task ?

If Paul ever wanted anything in his honour / memory it would be to see his last visionary contribution to the club come to fruition - a fans portal, fully endorsed by the board, & used to further the club’s future as a fan owned entity. It already exists, 90% complete, and I was honoured to be asked by Paul to help with its development earlier this year. I suggest this, not out of sentiment at this tragic time, but as something I believe Paul was firmly on the right track with.
The fans portal. Sounds very interesting, are you able to elaborate?

ps. nice idea footifan.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

User avatar
Lincolnshire_Quaker
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:33 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
The fans portal. Sounds very interesting, are you able to elaborate?

ps. nice idea footifan.
There will be a right time, right place I very much hope.
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

Post Reply