York sack Mills

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York sack Mills

Post by al_quaker » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:55 am

polam wrote:The Gray who is 1/4 on BetVictor is Stuart Gray. Martin Gray not in the running.
https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/ ... /0/0/0/0/0

No it isn't

Martin Gray 1/4
Stuart Gray 25/1

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:00 am

carlodarlo wrote:That being said ever since that fans forum something has not been right with him. He created a divide between club members and fans which a manager should never do and we are still struggling from this as attendances have shown.

While we're on about Gray - there’s something odd that still bugs me about the seating issue that caused so much bother last season.

Martin Gray has been at the helm ever since we reformed, and just by knowing everyone at the club and being in charge of things for so long I would have expected him to have his finger on the pulse regarding everything that happens at the club.

Why then did he not twig on about the lack of seats and what implications that would have?

Yet I’m under the impression he still maintains he didn’t know about the situation until right at the last minute.

I find this strange.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:03 am

I certainly think it was the responsibility of those putting the plans / funding in place to be clued up about the ground grading criteria, i.e. the Board & not MG.

The Board, who spent months detailing plans, weren't aware of the rule until the last minute so why would Gray be?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:10 am

Darlofan97 wrote:I certainly think it was the responsibility of those putting the plans / funding in place to be clued up about the ground grading criteria, i.e. the Board & not MG.

Yes, I would agree with that - but he's been in football all his life, he's the professional, he thinks and talks about football all day long. I'd expect him to notice a problem of this magnitude.

As I said, I still find it strange.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

polam

Post by polam » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:13 am

al_quaker wrote:
polam wrote:The Gray who is 1/4 on BetVictor is Stuart Gray. Martin Gray not in the running.

No it isn't

Martin Gray 1/4
Stuart Gray 25/1
Funny .. if you go via oddschecker it's Stuart Gray!

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/fo ... nt-manager

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:17 am

polam wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

No it isn't

Martin Gray 1/4
Stuart Gray 25/1

That is a bit weird :lol:

I'd imagine betvictor have their own odds correct though, and that something has gone a bit wrong when the information has been pulled through to oddschecker

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:20 am

al_quaker wrote:
polam wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

No it isn't

Martin Gray 1/4
Stuart Gray 25/1

That is a bit weird :lol:

I'd imagine betvictor have their own odds correct though, and that something has gone a bit wrong when the information has been pulled through to oddschecker
Or the other way round. Which is why this should all be taken with a pinch of salt.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:30 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:I certainly think it was the responsibility of those putting the plans / funding in place to be clued up about the ground grading criteria, i.e. the Board & not MG.

Yes, I would agree with that - but he's been in football all his life, he's the professional, he thinks and talks about football all day long. I'd expect him to notice a problem of this magnitude.

As I said, I still find it strange.
Gray will deal with the tactics, recruitment, scouting, training etc. Not trawling through ground grading regulations.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:32 am

Is the David Mcgurk at 25/1 the same Mcgurk that played for us?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:20 am

The odds for Betvictor this morning. Interesting to see MG at such short odds. But there are definitely managers on that list who i wouldn't mind to see in our Dugout.

Martin Gray 1/4
Neil Redfearn 14/1
Jon McCarthy 25/1
Ronnie Moore 25/1
Graham Fenton 25/1
Curtis Woodhouse 25/1
Kevin Davies 25/1
Mark Yates 25/1
Adrian Pennock 25/1
Andy Bishop 25/1
Simon Weaver 25/1
John Sheridan 25/1
Nicky Law 25/1
Brian Laws 25/1
Martin Allen 25/1
Neil Aspin 25/1
Richard Cresswell 25/1
Russell Slade 25/1
Danny Wilson 25/1
Shaun Reid 25/1
Stuart Gray 25/1
Gary Caldwell 25/1
John McDermott 25/1
Darren Williams 25/1
Mark Bower 25/1
Jim Harvey 25/1
Karl Marginson 25/1
Jim Gannon 25/1
Jason Ainsley 25/1
Alun Armstrong 25/1

Jon Challinor 25/1
Andy McMillan 25/1
Adam McGurk 25/1

satchmo76
Team Supported: Barnsley

Post by satchmo76 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 am

Oddschecker has corrected it's page to reflect the BV one. Coincidentally four of the people in the list were at Barnsley in 1997-1998.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:56 am

[quote="JE93"]The odds for Betvictor this morning. Interesting to see MG at such short odds. But there are definitely managers on that list who i wouldn't mind to see in our Dugout

Neil Aspin ?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:59 am

MKDarlo wrote:Got to agree with the above - it will be a blow to loose Gray but he may have reached as far as he can go with us. York are a full time side with a big budget and offer a vehicle for him to get closer to the football league. We cant offer that at this stage.

Perhaps it is time for a change for all parties
That's about where I am. Gray seems to be a manager who wants/needs a big budget and we're not going to be a club in that situation for some time, if ever.

Perhaps we need a manager with a fresh approach who buys in to our circumstances a little more than Gray does, and Gray can go somewhere that will be able to give him the funds to achieve his dreams.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:07 pm

banktopp wrote:
JE93 wrote:The odds for Betvictor this morning. Interesting to see MG at such short odds. But there are definitely managers on that list who i wouldn't mind to see in our Dugout

Neil Aspin ?
If you think MG's style of football isn't great, wait until you see Aspin's.

And Aspin himself is regarded as an odd, difficult character. He'd be like MG, with even less charisma. But given Aspin is likely to move into League 2 with Port Vale, he won't drop here anyway.

On Gray to York, I personally don't think it'll happen (but I could be wrong). Due to our lack of numbers in the boardroom, Gray gets a lot of influence here. Would he be willing to accept losing that by moving to a club with a more established structure? I doubt it.

Plus York would have to buy out the remainder of his contract, which I'd be surprised for them to do if there are other candidates who are more established at National League level.

That said, if Gray did go, it would cause a lot of turbulence here, given his influence. It would be tough to deal with, but then again might enable us to get a manager who'd be more willing to work with what he's got, rather than demanding more money when things go wrong.

Perhaps this is harsh considering his achievements (3 promotions, 2 league titles and a top 5 NLN finish last season) but I don't think I'd be devastated if Gray did leave.

It would leave a big hole, but would also provide an opportunity to start thinking longer term.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:56 pm

HarrytheQuaker and DL5 - you owe Nimrod an apology :shh:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Nimrod, what's the lottery numbers this week, please?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:40 am

I apologise Nimrod I didn't even think for a minute he would go to York.. Sorry