James Caton

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

The Golden Hairclip
Team Supported: Darlington

James Caton

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm don't like singling out players but I'm going to make an exception for this lad. He's absolutely shite. Can't shoot, can't score, powderpuff tackle, not a winger and not a centre forward. Sooner we get rid the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Re: James Caton

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Hate to agree but yep.

Was obvious within 10 minutes of the first home match when he blobbed two chances, that he's not a finisher.

While we're singling players out - Burgess. Not up to it either.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Quakerz wrote:Hate to agree but yep.

Was obvious within 10 minutes of the first home match when he blobbed two chances, that he's not a finisher.

While we're singling players out - Burgess. Not up to it either.
Got to agree Quakerz. It's all very well having a goal scoring defender but he needs to be able to defend, which he can't. Too slow and technically very poor. He lost his marker for both goals today.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:20 pm

To be a bit fair to Burgess, I think he is still injured. The injury crisis, which got worse before kick-off, meant he was pressed into service.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:22 pm

I've never rated him to be fair, just didn't want to say it.

We conceded 70 goals last season.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:24 pm

I always said he can talk the talk ,but can't walk the walk ,sooner he,s let go the sooner we can can bring a scorer in, however he's not alone ,Gillies ,Sayers , and Burgess all performing under par, rant over moving on to Boston , I,m very disappointed with the whole team performance today only beck I think can take some credit ,he won most of the headers that came his way, we really need investors to come forward .I still believe we will be around the playoffs come end of season. Am I delusional.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:25 pm

As regards Caton, I get the feeling he won't be with us for much longer.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Burgess isn't fit and shouldn't be playing. Why Gray didn't play Vaulks today I don't know. He couldn't have done any worse.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Agree about Burgess and Caton, but Gillies is just too much of a luxury player who very rarely delivers. Although I don't know I would suspect he's one of our highest earners. If we need to ship people out to get players in, he would be high on my list.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

James Caton

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Gillies was the worst player on the pitch today by a long shot.

Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

Bernie Rhodes knows

Post by Bernie Rhodes knows » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Galbraith put in a decent shift today, being regularly exposed by Shields' counter attacks.

Agree that Burgess still carrying an injury, so Vaulks should have got the nod.

Can't disagree with the comments about Caton - when the chips are down (which they seem to be far too often with our other shortcomings) he offers very little, certainly not much of a goal threat and his 'crosses' regularly find the 1st defender

tezza

Post by tezza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Caton: Sub standard since his arrival. Another good example of Grays lack of judgement, like the decision to cup tie Cartman. We bring in players to improve the squad. Obvious this one has not done so.

As on other threads
Thompson
Scott
Turnbull

Have passed their sell by dates

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:08 am

They all ran around like headless chickens, think it's a bit harsh criticising Burgess, when he is not fully fit.

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 am

You don't need to be fit to man mark someone. You don't need to be fit to make decent decisions. He was poor yesterday.

Beano

James Caton

Post by Beano » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 am

Last edited by Beano on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:11 am

The Golden Hairclip wrote:I'm don't like singling out players but I'm going to make an exception for this lad. He's absolutely shite. Can't shoot, can't score, powderpuff tackle, not a winger and not a centre forward. Sooner we get rid the better.

If you don't like singling players out ..... then don't.

Caton was NOT the worst player yesterday. Did you notice him moving around a bit trying to find space when Darlo were attacking? When most other players were thinking about their shopping! Did you notice him beating opponents and putting crosses in to find that no one was bothering to get in to a good position.

In fact Caton nearly scored - the only time in the game when Norton had a save to make.

Caton hasn't got the presence to change the game single handedly, but at the moment not one of our players looks sharp.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:28 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:I'm don't like singling out players but I'm going to make an exception for this lad. He's absolutely shite. Can't shoot, can't score, powderpuff tackle, not a winger and not a centre forward. Sooner we get rid the better.

If you don't like singling players out ..... then don't.

Caton was NOT the worst player yesterday. Did you notice him moving around a bit trying to find space when Darlo were attacking? When most other players were thinking about their shopping! Did you notice him beating opponents and putting crosses in to find that no one was bothering to get in to a good position.

In fact Caton nearly scored - the only time in the game when Norton had a save to make.

Caton hasn't got the presence to change the game single handedly, but at the moment not one of our players looks sharp.
You were obviously watching a different game to me. Caton deservedly got the hook by Gray. For "nearly scored" read "should have scored", for "putting crosses in" read "putting crosses in that didn't beat the first defender" and for "trying to find space" read "he was trying to find space when should have been more involved". My frustration comes from watching virtually every game this season and he's done nothing. He's awful, just awful.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 am

Wow!!

When I say 'he nearly scored" I'm on about where he played a long high cross in to the far post and it very nearly went in - a bit like Galbraiths goal earlier on in the season.

The only time in the whole lousy game that we made Norton switch on.

I'm frustrated too, however I feel that there are 4 -5 other players that deserve more criticism than Caton.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 pm

tezza wrote:Caton: Sub standard since his arrival. Another good example of Grays lack of judgement, like the decision to cup tie Cartman. We bring in players to improve the squad. Obvious this one has not done so.

As on other threads
Thompson
Scott
Turnbull

Have passed their sell by dates
You have got to be joking about Turnbull. :crazy:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Time to give Beck a rest as he looks out of sorts compared to last season then find 2 wingers with a bit of pace and positive thoughts [ like thommo 3 yrs ago]
Someone mentioned yesterday Brown looks like being out for another 3/4 weeks so give Vaulks his chance to stop playing half fit Burgess

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:07 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Time to give Beck a rest as he looks out of sorts compared to last season then find 2 wingers with a bit of pace and positive thoughts [ like thommo 3 yrs ago]
Someone mentioned yesterday Brown looks like being out for another 3/4 weeks so give Vaulks his chance to stop playing half fit Burgess
Agree with that Beck looks knackered at the moment.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Yes, Beck does look worn out.

I think I'm right in saying he's scored one goal! The same as James Caton, and yet Caton picks up most of the criticism .
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Blackwell64

Post by Blackwell64 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:17 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Yes, Beck does look worn out.

I think I'm right in saying he's scored one goal! The same as James Caton, and yet Caton picks up most of the criticism .
I'd think that is mainly because we know what a huge threat Beck can be if he is on form, Caton hasn't shown us as fans the highest level he can play, we can only judge him on this season.

But yes Beck does look jaded, so no doubt starting from the bench may be beneficial in the upcoming games to get him fresh and back to his best.

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Beck does so much more than put the ball in the net.

piggy

Post by piggy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Blackwell64 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Yes, Beck does look worn out.

I'd think that is mainly because we know what a huge threat Beck can be if he is on form, Caton hasn't shown us as fans the highest level he can play, we can only judge him on this season.

But yes Beck does look jaded, so no doubt starting from the bench may be beneficial in the upcoming games to get him fresh and back to his best.
When I looked up Caton on Wikipedia after he signed something that I did notice was at only 23 years of age he'd had a lot of clubs! Sometimes that can be quite telling.
Agree on Beck in an ideal world I'd have him on the bench to come on with 25 to go if we're chasing the game-bit of an impact sub if you like, Would like to see Gray sign a more mobile striker , Bradley Fewster perhaps?!

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Or Harvey Saunders?

Oh, hang on, we already have him but he is never selected.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:11 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:Or Harvey Saunders?

Saunders looked out of his depth yesterday too for a lot of the time he was on the pitch. We have to be careful with young players that we don't lump too much expectation on them too soon in their career. Lee Ellison was the prime example.
Saunders will be a very good player but hoping that he will get us out of this crisis is asking too much of the lad at the moment.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:52 pm

loan_star wrote:
darlo2001uk wrote:Or Harvey Saunders?

Saunders looked out of his depth yesterday too for a lot of the time he was on the pitch. We have to be careful with young players that we don't lump too much expectation on them too soon in their career. Lee Ellison was the prime example.
Saunders will be a very good player but hoping that he will get us out of this crisis is asking too much of the lad at the moment.
At least he put some effort in, others looked out of their depth and didn't really try.

Some players going into their shell and they did yesterday, whilst others will keep going and try even though it's not happening for them.

This is what Brown brings when available, seen him have poor games but not once does he hide. Will still attack the ball, make himself available even though he is having one of them days. We have far too many fair weather players at the moment, good when it's going well but go missing when backs are against the wall.